+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Re: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Well I'm not done with AI. But I'm done with this season! Actually was finished when James was voted out, but I hung in there...and got to see Haley leave. yessiree bob, I am glad to see her leave. A Lauren/Scotty finale just leaves me feeling ho-hum. I will see everyone next year
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Well I'm not done with AI. But I'm done with this season! Actually was finished when James was voted out, but I hung in there...and got to see Haley leave. yessiree bob, I am glad to see her leave. A Lauren/Scotty finale just leaves me feeling ho-hum. I will see everyone next year
    I couldn't have said it better myself!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Gonna be the the dullest Finale in the history of the show.
    Matter of opinion. I've seen some dull ones in my time. I'm looking forward to an all country finale

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary View Post
    Thank you. Does that ever indicate anything? Like who might have had the most votes for last night? Not that it matters because now Haley's votes will have to go to someone if those people who liked her still watch and vote.
    That's the key, IF they vote. Seems like a lot of the Haley fans don't care for either of the kids who are left, so they might not bother watching - let alone voting.

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    Haley looks shocked and pissed
    I thought the same thing. She did recover nicely though.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    Congrats, Nigel. You got what you wanted.
    Where did you see that this is what Nigel wanted? I really doubt he cares, he just wants people to watch and sponsors to spend money.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-20-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Very happy here over the final two. Although I would have preferred to see James in one of those 2 final spots. The hometown visits of Scotty and Lauren were touching, Haleys' was just funny.

Does Haley have the most ungracious response ever in AI history to the results? It's understandable she's disappointed, but wow. I had this on TiVo and did a rewind to see if it was as bad as it looked. It was. She was in the bottom three several times so maybe shouldn't have assumed she was a shoo in. Maybe she did have some competition up there.

Lauren has a shot at it. Has she ever been the bottom two? It seems she has a good sized group of fans who vote for her. Scotty was in the bottom several times. Also, Haley's votes may go to her because she is a little more pop then Scotty. I love Scotty, but it's time for a girl win.

I'm looking forward to watching the outcome of this one. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Lauren has a shot at it. Has she ever been the bottom two? It seems she has a good sized group of fans who vote for her. Scotty was in the bottom several times. Also, Haley's votes may go to her because she is a little more pop then Scotty. I love Scotty, but it's time for a girl win.

I'm looking forward to watching the outcome of this one. That hasn't happened in a long time.
    I think Lauren was in the bottom two once (but I'm no sure if it was bottom 2 or 3). Scotty was not necessarily ever in the bottom. One week Ryan stressed "random order" then told Scotty later that he had never been in the bottom 2.

I'm looking forward to it too, and I don't honestly care which one wins because I like them both.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Scotty has NEVER been in the bottom two. There was the "random" calling when he was one of the last two left on the stage.....but Ryan was clear that it was a random calling with no order.

FORT Fogey

I'm not a country fan, an I never liked Carrie Underwood on Idol, she was a Barbie and wooden, and just kept time with her fingers on the microphone...however, she's been a real STAR by growing into it, going from backwoods Oklahoma to a true superstar (I would not have guessed). LAUREN, I see as a young Carrie like singer, with that kind of overall package, and versatility - different ranges, up beat, slow songs, and as she gets experience she will grow into it and has greater potential in my opinion. She can do country, can cross-over. Scotty, I like his low register, but he is one-note, and is quirky to watch, whereas Lauren's little wiggle dance is annoying, but she can take dance classes and learn to move!

So, while I think Scotty will win, I think Lauren will pass him on success. STILL upset that James is not there with one of the two...it's such a missed opportunity, but I hope he also grows into it (he's older, and through the tour will have time to work it out and keep working on the challenges that he faces in life and how he can overcome them despite how cut-throat this industry can be. He has shown he can tough it out.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Haley was the one who looked arrogant to me. She actually looked ticked off. She acts like she thinks she is all that and more. She had an attitude with the judges any time they said something she did not agree with.
    Couldn't agree more. She is a good singer, but nothing spectacular. She needs a lesson in being humble
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Initially, Lauren and Scotty were my top 2, but Haley grew on me. It took awhile, but I began to enjoy some of her performances. I think they all deserved to be in the final 3. (James too.)

I never had any real problem with Haley's attitude. She might have been a little cocky, but that's okay in my book. Lauren's insecurity has annoyed me more, though I prefer Lauren's vocals.

I can understand not wanting to watch anymore when your favorite is voted out, but that is the nature of this show. You win some and you lose some. It dosen't mean your favorite is less talented or that the voters got it wrong. It is what it is and I say that because he has happened to me several times on this show.

It's a shame if you don't watch the finale though. All of the 11 finalists will perform and we'l getl updates and see special performances too.

Before you write off country music, keep in mind that Robert Plant (lead singer for Led Zeppelin does country music now and I would not call him boring.)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I never had any real problem with Haley's attitude. She might have been a little cocky, but that's okay in my book. Lauren's insecurity has annoyed me more, though I prefer Lauren's vocals.
    I think you may need an attitude like Haley's to make it. I fear Lauren will get eaten up in this industry.

+ Reply to Thread