+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't know what you mean. I think that's the name of his book. Something about do the voices in my head bother you or something like that. I actually like Steven and his language and his inner voices wouldn't bother me if they were voiced on an adult show. It's just not right for this show, IMO. LOL

I haven't read his book, but was surprised to know that he cam from a very intellectual family. He describes himself as a wordsmith. He's got that right. LOL
    It is actually Does The Noise in My Head Bother You?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't know what you mean. I think that's the name of his book. Something about do the voices in my head bother you or something like that. I actually like Steven and his language and his inner voices wouldn't bother me if they were voiced on an adult show. It's just not right for this show, IMO. LOL

I haven't read his book, but was surprised to know that he cam from a very intellectual family. He describes himself as a wordsmith. He's got that right. LOL
    His father was a classical musician and Steven himself was brought up performing classical music. I'm a huge fan and have a ton of Aerosmith albums. But I hate his language on AI. The producers have such a tight control of the show I don't think they would permit Steven to use the language if they didn't want it. I think they like the fact that they bleep Steven so much---They probably think it adds to the drama (ie. ratings) of the show.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Did anyone catch the one time Steven was doing his usual mouthing to the camera while Ryan was talking? (Which, by the way, is rude, but it's kind of funny too). I think he got reprimanded by somebody off-camera. He seemed to have some kind of subtle reaction, stopped mouthing words, and actually seemed a little pouty. I can't remember what point of the show it was, though. Somewhere in the middle, I think.

I hope Haley does not make it to the final two. It would be a better final two if Lauren was in it with Scotty. I wanted Haley in the final 10 but there is just something about her. Sometimes I like her and other times I don't. PLUS I think one thing that bothers me is the nasty look that she gives the judges when they critique her. It is like she thinks she is all that and the judges are wrong. What would be wrong with at least considering what they tell you. Then take what you can use and forget the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    My issue is not Lauren's vocal range---it's pacing the song in such a way that you bring out the beauty of the melody and the heart of the lyrics. It's knowing how long to hold onto a note before letting it go. It's also breath control. It's part of what makes up the "phrasing" of a lyric. Perhaps, though, if Lauren is so preoccupied and nervous about holding back on the higher notes, that could be distracting her from focusing on the pacing of the song--which is much more important. Scotty, who has little vocal range, and Haley, who has a big range, both have a much better grip on this part of performing.
    --
    --
    If you pay attention, last night o the Faith Hill song & the week where Lauren sang Carrie's Flat On The Floor, both uptempo songs, Lauren gets so out of breath that she leaves out words & sometimes even entire phrases. At the end of a phrase she will cut off the last word just to catch her breath.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Still don't miss Simon. Never missed Paula. Still basically like the personalities of the current judges, but yes, I do think they need to give more & better criticism. Even with all of that I do think something has been missing, I just don't think it's all about the judges.
    I think one thing missing is forcing the contestants to pick songs and try things outside of their genre...so maybe 1/2 and 1/2, start the first few and the final few weeks in their genre so we see them as individual artists and they get their feet wet, and the middle weeks weed people out by trying to sing different styles - that made a lot of Idol fun...and showed true trainwrecks or one trick ponies - good only in their style (all are somewhat talented, and this year I thought was better than most - at least we saw different styles/genres!)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    I hope Haley does not make it to the final two. It would be a better final two if Lauren was in it with Scotty. I wanted Haley in the final 10 but there is just something about her. Sometimes I like her and other times I don't. PLUS I think one thing that bothers me is the nasty look that she gives the judges when they critique her. It is like she thinks she is all that and the judges are wrong. What would be wrong with at least considering what they tell you. Then take what you can use and forget the rest.
    A Lauren/Scotty finale is better if you like country music. I don't, for the most part, so it would be very boring for me. But to each his own.

I am a fan of rock...and not of country at all, but I am HOPING for a Scotty/Lauren finale..because I feel they are by far the most talented.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey

I'm a fan of the best singer..and it's not Haley. Either of the others is fine to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    I'm a fan of the best singer..and it's not Haley. Either of the others is fine to win it.
    I agree. I think that out of the remaining three that Lauren has the best voice of them all. She sings with such purity and clarity. She doesn't need tricks like growling or going to a low register to show off her talent. And all that at just age 16! I hope she manages to win it all, but I still believe that Scotty won the title from the moment America started to get to vote.

+ Reply to Thread