Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

what are the numbers to call?

Haley 866 436 5703, 5706, 5709
    Scotty 5701, 5704, 5707
    Lauren 5702, 5705, 5708
    Last edited by Babycakee; 05-18-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Regular

Surprised to say this, but...

Scotty totally missed Kenny Rogers .... all over the map.

Therefore, I think it should be an

ALL GIRL FINAL!!!

<sarcasm> wonderful how TPTB gave Haley a song that I think is not that familiar to a lot of folks, compared to the songs given to what I like to call "The Chosen Two".</sarcasm>

think that they should have some restrictions on the contestants such as...they should be out of high school and over 17 yrs. old...both of them. I think that these kids are too young and immature to be made up and dressed like someone way older than they really are. It isn't fair for someone that is still a little emotionally insecure like Lauren or Scotty.
    I almost posted something along these lines earlier.

And I'll take it a step further. An idol is someone fans fantasize about. (Back in my day, that meant fantasizing about kissing, mildly "making out", dating, marrying, preferably Paul McCartney. Today, apparently it would also include fantasizing about having various kinds of sex with said idol.) I find it skeevy that Fox thinks a 16-yr-old is acceptable "idol" material. Encouraging a minor child (Lauren) to be put in the role of "idol" --that is, fantasy object--of admiring (or leering) men and boys is irresponsible, IMO.

Maybe they could help fix it by renaming the show "America's Best Young Singer and Potential Star Some Day" and removing the "idol" connotation from it altogether.

I voted a few times by text as soon as the show ended for Haley. I have yet to get the return text. I take this as a good sign for Haley. But we will see.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I swear when I call the guy says, "thanks for holding for contestant 3 watch american idol tomorrow sponsored in part by at&T" and then dead air.

ok..is he is saying holding or voting?

the 5706 number for Haley is glitchy, staticky. It doesn't respond sometimes.

ok..I held on just to see whatwhat happen..it then repeated but said thanks for voting for contestant 1.

I heard a tone and then it looped around and repeated thanks for hlding for contestant 3.

I haven't voted in years!!!

What the hell?

Sounds like I picked a good season to stop watching. None of the remaining three sound like they should be the winner this year. Maybe finale night will be different?

I'm not trusting the call in voting at all. See that's why I stopped voting long ago.

I know I heard that thing count a vote for contestant 1 after it said contestant 3.

Now it said contestant 2!

Sham! Ugh!

I've been voting for Haley and haven't had a problem.... yet.....
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

I am over Idol last week did it for me with James going home. Tonight I started watching will not finish. It's a shame the finale will blow if Scotty is not in it. Right now my feeling is the competition is down to two marginally talented singers and Scotty who will have a huge career once Idol is over.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread