+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I keep getting either the busy message or a busy signal when calling for Haley. I've maybe gotten in 4 or 5 actual votes.

That's a good sign.

One thing I was disappointed in is that they barely showed any of the hometown visits. In previous years, each contestant got about 5 minutes all in a chunk -- not a few seconds here and there, like they did this year. Personally, I could have done without Beyonce's new video to get to see more of the howetown visits.
    I'm sure we'll see more of the home town visits tomorrow night.
    eta: ooops a bit slow
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I'd rather see Haley attempt a song like Lauren sang.."I Hope You Dance". Can't see her singing that well at all.
    Amen! She does well when the song calls for screeching in a gravelly tone. Lauren is so young that it does hold her back but her talent is unmatched. (maybe Pia could do it) but these other two, no way! I think Scotty is going to be a superstar on the level of Carrie or Daughtry.

FORT Fogey

I want to see Randy dancing in the fan machine with his grown out hair blowin' all around.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL View Post
    I want to see Randy dancing in the fan machine with his grown out hair blowin' all around.
    Now THAT would be a sight!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL View Post

Yeah, his Journey hair....lmao.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I thought Lauren and Scotty were by FAR the best tonight!! Lauren has the most beautiful tone to her voice, and excellent control. I noticed Haley has difficulty hitting those lower notes. Her voice fades out.
    In the last song, she did lose the volume on those lower notes, and some of the rhythm it seemed. But, I have to say when she sang LZ, I really liked her for the first time. She always had a few moments here and there, for me, but this song was IT. Great job on the first song. I don't like Stevie Nicks, but I guess she did it well enough on that one. Her moment definitely was the LZ song!

I liked Lauren's songs just fine, and thought she looked pretty tonight. She has a good voice. In her first song, she reminded me of Carrie a lot (and I liked the halter tunic and leggings!). I saw much more emotion in "I Hope You Dance" than other songs she's done.

Scotty struggled with the Kenny Rogers song. His other two songs were fine, predictable Scotty-songs. I didn't mind them at all.

I agree with others who are just not excited about this season. They all seem like nice young people, but I'm not really into their singing very much. And I can't see myself buying a cd by any of them. They're talented and all, but I don't find myself really rooting for anyone.

The season started out with such promise; not sure why I feel let down.

FORT Fogey

By the time Haley finished her third song, I had a sore throat. I think she's got "mad talent," but I don't find what she did tonight particularly pleasing to listen to. Maybe in the right mood I would.

And on an unrelated topic, I miss James' enthusiasm.

Haley's last song was horrible. Easily the worst of the night. Not a good way to end. I thought Lauren's last was the best so hope it carries her to the finals. Scotty did well also and there's no way he doesn't make it.

FORT Regular

The verses on Haley's last song were not good, but the choruses gave me goosebumps.

Round 3

Scotty-- Ok now I love me some Kenny Rogers. I mean love love love my Kenny.
    Scotty did NOT do that song any justice. I'm offended! **shaking my head*** that was bad. really bad.

Lauren--I love the sparkle in her eye and her cheeky grins. Oh..she sang well.

Haley-I'm done. She killed it!

+ Reply to Thread