+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Haley tore it up tonigiht....winner of the night for me.
    I so agree with you. All 3 did very well, or they wouldn't have gotten so far. But this is the order for me, for the night as a whole:

1. Haley
    2. Scotty
    3. Lauren

Surprise of the night -- how good Jimmy Iovine's song choices were.

Highlight of the night -- Haley singing Led Zeppelin. A real Idol Wow! moment.

FORT Newbie

I think that they should have some restrictions on the contestants such as...they should be out of high school and
    over 17 yrs. old...both of them. I think that these kids are too young and immature to be made up and dressed like
    someone way older than they really are. It isn't fair for someone that is still a little emotionally insecure like Lauren or Scotty. It is a lot to take for anyone that young and expect from them. Unfortunately since James is gone, I am no longer watching.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I would like to see Lauren or Scotty attempt the song they gave Haley.
    Scotty couldn't even handle the song they gave HIM - the one with the tiny little Kenny Rogers range. LOL

BUT, even so, I liked hearing him do this more than I've liked much of the uber-country sound-alike stuff he's done all season. So, I think it was a good choice for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I would like to see Lauren or Scotty attempt the song they gave Haley.
    I'd rather see Haley attempt a song like Lauren sang.."I Hope You Dance". Can't see her singing that well at all.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Round 2-
    Scotty-- he did better by trying to use some vocal acrobatics but I'm sort over him. He drew me in with that low baritone during auditions...but I need more. Teenies may not be able to resist. I think that is what has carried him...his youth, looks, genre and that deep voice. He needs to grow more to be phenomenal.

Lauren--the flashback to audition reminded me of her youthful personality. However, I still worry about her not standing out from other singers already saturating the market. She's cute as a button and can sing but she needs a "character" like Beyonce said....she needs something to make her memorable.

Haley--Yo Yo Yo! She embodied that...I didn't think I was going to like that because this is a zoner..ilk to Jimmy's song choice but once again..she did deliver it like a pro.

And to Beyonce's video.................

***picking my chin up off of the ground*** ok that was...ummmm....

intense?
    odd?
    hypnotic?

I think I need therapy after experiencing that!

I keep getting either the busy message or a busy signal when calling for Haley. I've maybe gotten in 4 or 5 actual votes.

That's a good sign.

One thing I was disappointed in is that they barely showed any of the hometown visits. In previous years, each contestant got about 5 minutes all in a chunk -- not a few seconds here and there, like they did this year. Personally, I could have done without Beyonce's new video to get to see more of the howetown visits.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I keep getting either the busy message or a busy signal when calling for Haley. I've maybe gotten in 4 or 5 actual votes.

That's a good sign.

One thing I was disappointed in is that they barely showed any of the hometown visits. In previous years, each contestant got about 5 minutes all in a chunk -- not a few seconds here and there, like they did this year. Personally, I could have done without Beyonce's new video to get to see more of the howetown visits.
    They normally air on results night.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg View Post
    scotty really strains in that upper register, and on a cd, that twanging is toooooo much.

no like.
    Haley really strains in the lower register of notes.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    Round 2-
    Scotty-- he did better by trying to use some vocal acrobatics but I'm sort over him. He drew me in with that low baritone during auditions...but I need more. Teenies may not be able to resist. I think that is what has carried him...his youth, looks, genre and that deep voice. He needs to grow more to be phenomenal.

Lauren--the flashback to audition reminded me of her youthful personality. However, I still worry about her not standing out from other singers already saturating the market. She's cute as a button and can sing but she needs a "character" like Beyonce said....she needs something to make her memorable.

Haley--Yo Yo Yo! She embodied that...I didn't think I was going to like that because this is a zoner..ilk to Jimmy's song choice but once again..she did deliver it like a pro.

And to Beyonce's video.................

***picking my chin up off of the ground*** ok that was...ummmm....

intense?
    odd?
    hypnotic?

I think I need therapy after experiencing that!

Lauren needs some of Haley's sass! She has a beautiful voice - I like it better than Haley's - but she does need to relax and just be herself, like she was in audition.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1 View Post
    They normally air on results night.
    Oh, thanks. I forgot about that.

+ Reply to Thread