+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    If Haley was thrilled about going on to next week, more power to her. She is not Stephano, after all. This unwritten rule that contestants must tear up (or fake tearing up) after they have just learned they are moving up in the competition is bewildering. Haley has worked her butt off to make it to the Top 3, and she has the right to be happy about that. It doesn't mean she won't miss James. But if she doesn't miss James, who freakin cares? It's a rigorous performance competition, not the Miss America contest.
    --
    --
    Great post, pillbeam! I hate how calculated these kids have to be when it comes to being careful how they come across to the general public. Even the smallest of gestures can be deemed offensive by some people, which I really don't understand at all.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Lexicon said:

I wish your city would still do something for him. He deserves it.
    I hear there's a Twitter petition to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Haley looked like she couldn't wait to get out of there and into next week.
    Damn straight! She got into the F3, she should be happy. As for James, boo freakin' hoo! Dude needs to get better concealer if he's planning on bawling his way through life. Why should Haley look all broken up about the elimination of a competitor just to pander to all those nitpickers at home looking for nauseating sentimentalism in exchange for their vote? Screw 'em, I say.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 05-14-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fan

Froggy - -where did you find that quote above about Haley? I hope that was not speaking about her reaction to the hometown visit. Looking for more info. Wondering if she was truly that motivated to get back to LA and rehearse, or disillusioned that her hometown preparations were not grandiose and supportive of her AI experience. Please tell me that there is more to this story and Haley was gracious in her hometown responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Froggy - -where did you find that quote above about Haley? I hope that was not speaking about her reaction to the hometown visit. Looking for more info. Wondering if she was truly that motivated to get back to LA and rehearse, or disillusioned that her hometown preparations were not grandiose and supportive of her AI experience. Please tell me that there is more to this story and Haley was gracious in her hometown responses.
    I fixed my post so the quote is more clear.

And, no, Haley didn't say anything of the sort. That was just somebody's interpretation of her reaction when James got kicked to the curb.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

How come all you ladies are tagging on Gaga but neary a word about her male band members all having no shirts?
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    How come all you ladies are tagging on Gaga but neary a word about her male band members all having no shirts?
    Ha!
    Ha! good one! I like Gaga, always have..I love a meaty dress.LOL! I just heard James is doing a gig in Santa Cruz,and so it begins for him! yay

Ha!
    Hah! That's what I said too. I don't get why a woman dressed in what is basically a bathing suit can get people's panties in such a bunch. This is not 1955 and Gaga is not Susan Boyle or something.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Susan Boyle! Oh, the image!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Damn straight! She got into the F3, she should be happy. As for James, boo freakin' hoo! Dude needs to get better concealer if he's planning on bawling his way through life. Why should Haley look all broken up about the elimination of a competitor just to pander to all those nitpickers at home looking for nauseating sentimentalism in exchange for their vote? Screw 'em, I say.
    I think part of it may be how some people expect women and men to behave. Haley, as a female, is being criticized for NOT being overtly sad and crying. While on the other hand James, a male, is being mocked for being too emotional and crying.

Social faking is expected, but when a camera is on you and everything is captured, these instances to where the behavior is not the accepted norm can stand out. And also, people with Asperger's Syndrome can react in ways that are not considered "normal" (I am not an expert and do not know if that is the case here or not) . Of course, some people (such as myself) cry when they are angry. That tends to get the odd look or two.

I must confess that I said "She looks so smug" when I saw a quick flash of one of the faces of the two women left standing. But that's my baggage because I tend show my emotions more. I did win "Best Facial Expression" in a junior high musical I was in.

I am rambling now .... I'll stop.

And Ms. Froggy: Susan Boyle dressed as Lady Gaga? If I have nightmares it is ALLLLLL your fault! ;-)

FORT Fan

Ha!
    Razor -- were there male band members there??

+ Reply to Thread