+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by heartsaflutter View Post
    I know that I am in the minority at FORT. I will buy any record that Scotty and Lauren put out. My whole family likes both of them - even my youngest teenager who is more into hip/hop, rap, Pink, etc. likes them. I didn't even notice Scotty's facial expressions until I read about them on here. They still don't bother me. I have enjoyed all of Scotty's and Lauren's performances and have listened to them many times over the past couple of months that this show has been on.

I personally did not care to hear heavy metal music every week from James. I know that most of ya'll find Scotty boring and brings nothing to the table, but that's how I felt about James.

And I vote for both of them. The only other time I voted during AI is when Carrie was on and I only voted for her.

I must be as close-minded and conservative as Scotty is when it comes to some of the stuff that Lady GaGa was telling him.
    I will buy Scotty's CD. For sure. AS for Heavy Metal, I'm not a big fan, but I appreciate it more then most mainstream boring music. I wish James the most of luck and I hope he gets to work with his idols. He really does have a good heavy metal voice.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Forgotten?? I have not missed any episode ever -- including the first season. I just tried to remember five singers on the most reason season and I can't!! Took me a bit to remember the winner!!

I can remember nearly all of the first season, but that is because they were not clouded by later seasons.

I just meant forgetful in an , I can sing in an ordinary way.I dont stand out from a crowd type of thing( thats all) jmho. I know Jennifer Hudson is still doing really well( good for her) Adam lambert still doing well.James Durbin will be another doing very well! You dont have to win AI.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. And as Gutmutter noted above, Lee came from behind to beat Crystal, who had been favored from the start. It's been that way since season 7. David A was the early favorite, then David C caught on and won it. Adam was a strong favorite and many felt he'd win season 8. Kris came from behind and took the win. America seems to love the dark horse who comes from behind and peaks at the right time. But, song choice and presentation should count for a lot in the next two weeks, too.
    Yep, Haley... As long as her song choices (at least the ones she has control over*) and performances are both stellar.

*Don't you all hate in the final two shows, when the "judges" criticize song choice when the song was actually piked by someone else, and not the contestant? Grrr

Quote Originally Posted by lexinic0le05 View Post
    santa cruz is my hometown & james was supposed to come perform may 21st the day before my birthday at the boardwalk IF he made it to F3. BEYOND disappointed. Scotty has got this in the bag!!

Can someone tell me James' reaction? And the judges reactions? I'm sure he took it gracefully, i dont think he felt he was safe because last week he dropped to his knees when he found out he was safe. So sad for him, he deserved to be in the F3, but just like Daughtry, I know he will have an amazing career!
    I would take the drive to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk to see James...fun place for the family. I'm south of Fresno, so it'd be a few hours, but worth it.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Lexicon said:

santa cruz is my hometown & james was supposed to come perform may 21st the day before my birthday at the boardwalk IF he made it to F3. BEYOND disappointed. Scotty has got this in the bag!!

Can someone tell me James' reaction? And the judges reactions? I'm sure he took it gracefully, i dont think he felt he was safe because last week he dropped to his knees when he found out he was safe. So sad for him, he deserved to be in the F3, but just like Daughtry, I know he will have an amazing career!
    I wish your city would still do something for him. He deserves it.

James began crying as soon as it got down to him and Scotty, bless his heart. The judges, especially JLo, were especially emotional. She cried like a baby. The contestants' reactions were mixed. Lauren was stunned at first and then later got emotional; Scotty kept his head down so I hope that means he felt badly; and Haley looked like she couldn't wait to get out of there and into next week.

After reading Love Me's post, I'll amend mine to add: Haley must have been crying very quietly. While the camera was rolling she just stared into space, with no emotion. When they went up to James on the stage, Lauren was tearing up, Scotty had his head ducked, but Haley still had no emotion on her face, hence the negative impression she gave.
    Last edited by Babbred; 05-13-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I always look for people who were actually in the audience and witnessed what happened during the show rather then those assuming that person is heartless and doesn't care. Sometimes people see what they want to see or they say something happened because they are angry about the situation.

From everything I have read from media people that were there Haley was upset when James was eliminated, but after all she had been through this season who would blame her if she was in fact excited about making the F3.

I would say the same thing if James had made the F3 and appeared more excited then upset had Haley left.

Making it into the F4 is an amazing accomplishment and being in the Top 13 is a big deal when you really think about it.

James Durbin: American Idol on the scene | PopWatch | EW.com

Haley quietly cried.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I wish your city would still do something for him.

James in fact will be making a home town visit it just will not be filmed or shown on AI. Here are the details:

James Durbin coming home after all - Santa Cruz Sentinel

The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk announced an agreement today with “American Idol” that will allow “Durbin Day,” scheduled for Saturday, to proceed even though the 22-year-old Durbin is no longer in the competition.

The event was originally cancelled because “Idol” said Durbin would not be available to travel to Santa Cruz because of commitments to the show. But on Friday, “Idol” agreed for the first time in its history to allow an exception and to sponsor an eliminated competitor for a homecoming concert. Traditionally, the show only sponsors hometown trips for the top three. Durbin finished fourth in the competition.
    The new schedule includes:

2:30-3:15 – Press event at the Louden Nelson Center
    3:15-4:15 – A kids’ rally Followed by a walking processional to the Beach Boardwalk.
    5 p.m – James will sing three songs with the White Album Ensemble at the Boardwalk’s bandstand.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Love Me, Very Cool! I wish I could see James during the Homecoming; he's going to be soooo excited!!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    I think it is sad that Gaga has to "prostitute" her talents to make it in this industry........I think she is talented. I just think her performances are tooo far over the top! Way too graphic for family tv.

As far as blaming AI producers, YOU got that right!!! I do blame them, I think Nigel should be taken to task for bringing in or allowing the show do be on this trend. (Lady Gaga, Iggy Poo, etc.)

I agree with that.
    Oh, that's good: Iggy Poo! I love that - hilarious!
    Can't wait to see James on the Tonight Show tonight, though it's funny to me that NBC features these FOX performers.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Oh, that's good: Iggy Poo! I love that - hilarious!
    Can't wait to see James on the Tonight Show tonight, though it's funny to me that NBC features these FOX performers.
    It's the regular Idol talk show appearance package. They've been doing it for a number of seasons now. Once they're off the show, they're no longer on FOX. They're now under 19E who books these things way ahead of time for whoever gets eliminated any given week.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread