+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    You know, it's funny. If the judges hadn't been so vicious to Haley last night, her fan base wouldn't have been mobilized and James probably would have stayed. So the judges have no one to blame but themselves!!
    Kind of agree on that. I do like Haley, I think she has grown alot over the season. I am not one to vote though, I am usually headed to bed shortly after the show ends. After the treatment Haley got by the judges, I picked up the phone and voted for her. And voted for her, and voted for her.

While James has a good voice, there is something about him that bugs me. I think he was starting to border on self entitlement and arrogance. Of course, that is just my opinion, others may not and probably do no see him that way.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    As a James fan, no I won't be voting for anyone else. This is actually the first season that I have been so actively voting for a contestant. I'm not a country fan, and I don't get the Scotty love, because to me, he's a pretty one note performer. Haley is too hit and miss for me, and I think she growls her way through too many of the songs. Lauren, is adorable and I love her voice, but I wish she'd stop always singing country. So, basically, I have never had a reason to vote for anyone else during the competition, and just because James is gone, doesn't change that fact for me.

I am done watching until the finale, and only so I can see the contestants perform with their idols, they have so much fun that night. I don't really care who wins at this point. The show just became completely dull and boring for me. Scotty is going to win. They might as well have the finale next week.
    I agree with everything you said, except I don't find Lauren all that adorable. Maybe if she'd dress differently. I don't know. I don't want to be petty, but she dresses so "old" for her age some of the time. Either she's wearing some huge, voluminous thing, or something way too skin tight for a body like hers. Way too much makeup for a girl who just turned 16 also, and I think all of that distracts me from her singing.

I voted my fingers to the bone for James, but if I even watch anything besides the finale, I won't be voting again.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I do believe that Scotty will be more in the Carrie range of country stardom (not pop/nationwide, but Country, Nashville, etc.), not because he's an AI alum, but because his voice is so different, and that low low quality that is pure and powerful is fairly rare.
    You see though, there is the rub. Folks that don't really follow Country music think as you do. But for those of us that recognize Josh Turner, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Chris Young & Trace Adkins just to scratch the surface, know that Scotty's voice is not so different after all.

And, on the stardom level thing. Scotty will never approach Carrie's level. I suspect he will surpass Josh Gracin & Bucky but fall somewhere short of Kellie Pickler.

Well, I am surprised James left, since he had never been in the Bottom 3, apparently. But he was as boring as listening to a clock alarm sounding over and over and over again.

Haley is a much more accomplished singer than James, so she definitely deserves to stay over him. But she needs to drop the growls (they sound so contrived).

Lauren manages to drain the spirit out of any song she sings, no matter how well written it is.

And Scotty is the most talented of the bunch, but he needs a little more seasoning, a little more roughness around the edges.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Well, I am surprised James left, since he had never been in the Bottom 3, apparently.
    --
    Did they confirm this? Or is this what they're leading us to believe?

And Scotty is the most talented of the bunch, but he needs a little more seasoning, a little more roughness around the edges.
    --
    --
    And a lot less crazy eyed, side leaning, smirking. He is the most marketable in a given genre but definitely needs some handling. I think he's going to win.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Regular

After Casey left, I was done watching Idol but I was hoping that James will at least make the top 3. So I was shocked to hear that he went home last night. I don't see the arrogance and entitlement that some folks see in James. In a way, James will be fine as I am sure some record company will pick him up.

I am just done with the show since The Voice started. Now that is a singing competition

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang View Post
    After Casey left, I was done watching Idol but I was hoping that James will at least make the top 3. So I was shocked to hear that he went home last night. I don't see the arrogance and entitlement that some folks see in James. In a way, James will be fine as I am sure some record company will pick him up.
    James is not alone. Casey, Jacob and Haley have all been called arrogant here. That's at least four contestants, including James. I think all of the Top 11 have seemed like nice people sincerely focused on their singing.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

There always someone saying that a certain contestant is "arrogant" but I think to be a successful performer, you have to have a bit of arrogance, or should I say, self-confidence. I don't think there's anything wrong with James saying that he believes in himself. He wouldn't get too far in this business or anywhere else if he didn't believe in himself.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

To the Point

James is not alone. Casey, Jacob and Haley have all been called arrogant here. That's at least four contestants, including James. I think all of the Top 11 have seemed like nice people sincerely focused on their singing.
    I just had to quote you to say how very many times I have agreed with you during this season, not so much on likes and dislikes as much as general observations and perspectives. I don't know who that should worry, me or you!

+ Reply to Thread