+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Ryan didn't say Scotty was in the B2, and I seriously doubt Scotty was. They just did it in that order for shock value. When Lauren was the first one to get a chair, I knew something was up. My husband said he figured that meant Haley was also going to make it.
    I was thinking about that night. I wonder if James was actually bottom 2. Perhaps they lulled his fans into a false sense of security as they are really wanting a woman to win this thing.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 05-13-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was very disappointed when James was eliminated. For me, there is no need to watch the rest of this season, I don't really like any of the remaining contestants. I'll keep up with events here on FORT. See you!

Quoting myself from another thread here:

I wouldn't mind seeing James go home tonight. I am so over him. But I think there's a better chance of an asteroid hitting the earth than him leaving tonight. I'm sure it will be a James/Scotty finale.
    Wow, was I wrong! I guess I should listen for any reports of asteroids in the vicinity of our planet, lol.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    I was very disappointed when James was eliminated. For me, there is no need to watch the rest of this season, I don't really like any of the remaining contestants. I'll keep up with events here on FORT. See you!
    I have to agree with you. Except for James, this season has been a total yawn fest for me anyway. I will probably watch the final just because of the guests that will appear, and I'm anxious to see if Steven Tyler will still sing with James.

At any rate, I hope James gets a good career out of this. At the very least, he's in much better shape financially than he was before Idol. I wish him all the luck in the world.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I told my son and, while disappointed, he was pleased that James went far. His main concern is Steven Tyler. "Is that guy who said he was going to sing with him going to do it?" Then he pointed out that "James has tics like me. Maybe some people didn't like him because of that. This shows I can do anything, even if some people don't want me to."
    Tell him it had nothing to do with tics - your son has touched a chord with me. James did fantastic with a style of music that some young kids and some older follks don't understand so that leaves out a whole lot of vote possibilities. Your son should be proud of himself for understanding the heart of that music. I'm not a Steven Tyler fan but would thoroughly enjoy seeing Steven and James together - could be a hit record too. I think Steven wants to do it too. Maybe all the judges could each sing with a finalist - that would be something fun and different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I have to agree with you. Except for James, this season has been a total yawn fest for me anyway. I will probably watch the final just because of the guests that will appear, and I'm anxious to see if Steven Tyler will still sing with James.

At any rate, I hope James gets a good career out of this. At the very least, he's in much better shape financially than he was before Idol. I wish him all the luck in the world.
    I have to believ he will, but I just bet it won't stop the show like Steven & Carrie did at the ACM Awards.

First, I want to point out that I found James' Tourettes a bit endearing, so I'm guessing other women/girls did, too. I say this in response to those who think it worked against him.

Second, I do believe, as others have posted, that the lack of helpful criticism from the judges really hurt James. He seemed to me to be getting cockier every week, and I believe the judges' tongue baths--pooh-poohing his mistakes ("a little pitchy, but Dude, you brought it!")--gave him an unwarranted sense of confidence that he would easily go the distance. He looked to me yesterday like he was shocked he'd been booted. I would be too, if the judges had made me feel each week that I was going to be in the finale.

I am so disappointed, James has a wonderful voice which I love!! Loved his performances throughout...hate to see him leave. Huge talent!!!

Just wish to say how down the tubes Jordan Sparks is with that horrible number that she actually did in front of people on stage in public!!! Awful.

If Lady GaGa,(too disgusting for words, but she is a good singer) Iggy Poo, and others of this ilk are going to be more and more on AI...I am gone. I find all of this sickening and IMO is setting bad examples for our youth. American Idol....not anymore with this trend going on...American Shame Show!!!!!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Quoting myself from another thread here:

Wow, was I wrong! I guess I should listen for any reports of asteroids in the vicinity of our planet, lol.

Actually, in November a good-sized asteroid (about the size of 4 football fields) will be passing between the moon and earth... Not supposed to hit us, though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    I am so disappointed, James has a wonderful voice which I love!! Loved his performances throughout...hate to see him leave. Huge talent!!!

Just wish to say how down the tubes Jordan Sparks is with that horrible number that she actually did in front of people on stage in public!!! Awful.

If Lady GaGa,(too disgusting for words, but she is a good singer) Iggy Poo, and others of this ilk are going to be more and more on AI...I am gone. I find all of this sickening and IMO is setting bad examples for our youth. American Idol....not anymore with this trend going on...American Shame Show!!!!!
    Unfortunately, this is the modern scene in America. They are just showing it on American Idol which is trying to find tomorrow's next star.

I had heard that Lady Gaga was immensely musically gifted but had been unable to successfully break into the music scene, hence the outlandish get-ups and props as the attention getters which did the trick - allowing her to finally break the barrier that had impeded her for so long.Actually, I had heard that she was classically trained which in many ways does not surprise me because if you have that ability, you can sing anything else as well - you might need a little coaching to help, but the ability and skill is there.*

I am sorry, but I found that Lady Gaga's dress and performance at the piano in that video the kids were watching went beyond tasteless and wandered very close to vulgar.

*I have to laugh here, though, because if this is so, her classical professors are probably having an absolute fit with what she is doing!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread