+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

[QUOTE=fan*addict;4291705]although I am a huge country music fan, I will NOT NOT vote for either Lauren or Scotty, these two have been pimped by the judges from the get go

You could tell by the group sings tonight that they want another country music Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Saddest night ever on this show for me. I'm done. My heart is broken. Good luck to the F3 ~ I won't watch. I'm done ever watching this show. The Voice is a better show anyway. All the teenyboppers voted a gazillion times and got all the 16 yr. old teens in the finale. I hope they do as well in school as they vote online.

GodSpeed James Durbin..you will be missed and good luck!!!
    I am waaay beyond being a teen and I voted my fingers off for Haley...and a lot of my friends did also.....just feel she has an amazing voice and extremely original in style. Last time I voted at all was Season 8 and before that was 2005.

FORT Fogey

yeah, it's really nice to get an AI because of a backlash against the judges. just what we need.

and do you guys really expect haley to have a big career? i mean, REALLY???

FORT Fogey

I am disappointed too. But he will have a good career and likely to be more famous than the winner. History says this is so. Adam and Chris are two huge examples.

Scotty is going to win this. No more surprises.

When tears are streaming down your face, Jennifer, most people wipe them off.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    No, Lauren was crying. I thought Haley seemed a bit unaffected..
    That's what I was thinking. Towards the end, when they want to James on the stage, it looked like Lauren was finally getting emotional. Maybe it was just shock earlier. Haley looked totally unaffected, which is another reason why I'm not watching her again. I couldn't tell about Scotty since he kept his head ducked.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg View Post
    yeah, it's really nice to get an AI because of a backlash against the judges. just what we need.

and do you guys really expect haley to have a big career? i mean, REALLY???
    Yes
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I think so too. Daughtry's fans, myself included, thought he'd coast to the final 3...whoops. But, it didn't hurt him. He's doing quite well without having won this silly show.

I'm just glad Haley's still in it!
    True, I thought he was a shoo-in to win and didn't vote, but I did vote for James last night (I learned my lesson with Chris). Guess other people hadn't learned. I would be curious to see how he placed all this season.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    You know, it's funny. If the judges hadn't been so vicious to Haley last night, her fan base wouldn't have been mobilized and James probably would have stayed. So the judges have no one to blame but themselves!!
    I agree totally, and told my husband that in almost those exact words. I thought, "Don't sit there and boo-hoo, Jenny-from-the-block, it's partly (or mostly) your own fault!"

Jeez Louise!

FORT Fan

[QUOTE=AsIs;4291597]Why did they make Lauren safe first? It takes the suspense away. [QUOTE]

They wanted the true suspense to be James and Scotty -- most people were certain that they were both shoe-ins.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Maybe james's fans (which included me most weeks) thought he was untouchable and didn't vote as much.
    I dunno. We voted for James as much as usual. I never felt he was "safe" given the country voters, the tween girls, and the "obsessed with Lambert and how dare a contestant ever do anything remotely like him, I will promptly declare them a poser" folks. Anyway, down to the final four, I would think most people don't usually waver at this point IF they have a favorite. But I will agree - I felt really bad for Haley last night. They were overly mean to her. Seriously - they've had opportunities to give everyone constructive criticism - including Scotty mug shot.

+ Reply to Thread