+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityAlert View Post
    Nope - this is the time to bring out all those mom platitudes - Naw - just have him re-listen to this last song. It has so much heart and attitude it will teach more than words ever could. Something tells me we will be hearing from James many times in the future.
    I'll do that. And let him listen to other stuff on YouTube he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer View Post
    I guess some freakish upset could be possible, with one of the three spots to Haley and one of the guys out.
    Wow, you were so right! Really, whoda thunk it? Two out of three of the Top 3 are female. I would rather Lauren have gone home than James, but I'm so thrilled to get one more week (at minimum) of Haley. I love her!

But you know what I love even more? The Idol-voting public backlash against the judges' using Haley as the scapegoat/whipping boy and praising nearly any sound James and the others emitted. Ha, we showed them, didn't we? - by voting heavily for Haley.

Maybe James's fans (which included me most weeks) thought he was untouchable and didn't vote as much.

My preference would be for Lauren to go home next, leaving a Haley/Scotty finale.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-12-2011 at 09:15 PM.

FORT Fan

My house is heartbroken. Someone else here said it best - James was the only person left on the show with a REAL personality. The rest, too young - and fake or uncomfortable in their skin. James has been through so much he is wise, compassionate, and real. Performers aren't supposed to be robots. James - we could feel him - for better or for worse. And tonight, I'm hurt for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos View Post
    My hopes for James is that he get some professional training now that he has this great opportunity. My problem with him has been his lack of control of a very good voice. Hopefully 19 will take him under their wing....on the other hand, rock and definitely metal are not really big sellers these days, so this will be hard to call. No matter what it has opened doors big time for him, and he is definitely a nice guy....the show has definitely helped him big time and will allow him to have a career in music.
    but look how well Chris Daughtry has done as a rocker, I think James could easily be as successful. Damn, I'm sorry to see him go . . . . good luck to you James, I'm sure you're gonna have a great career!
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

I don't know if the judges follow public sentiment, but I hope JLo and Randy realize how their poisonous actions have affected James's arc. I don't really care who wins this year, and I was sad to see James eliminated (I would have prefered Lauren) but Haley has not deserved the the way they've treated her... not just last night, but all along.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    same thing I was thinking.... and was it me or did Lauren look a bit smug?
    No, Lauren was crying. I thought Haley seemed a bit unaffected..

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Wow, you were so right! Really, whoda thunk it? Two out of three of the Top 3 are female. I would rather Lauren have gone home than James, but I'm so thrilled to get one more week (at minimum) of Haley. I love her!

But you know what I love even more? The IDOL-voting public backlash against the judges' using Haley as the scapegoat/whipping boy and praising nearly any sound James and the others emit. Ha, we showed them, didn't we, by voting heavily for Haley.

Maybe james's fans (which included me most weeks) thought he was untouchable and didn't vote as much.
    I voted, I could only vote so much, but I do think the Haley effect played into it.

I just feel so bad for the guy, I know you can have a great career without winning (Daughtry/Hicks cough cough) but the guy really wanted to win. I think as a parent of a child with Aspergers I can feel his pain.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I wonder if Steven will sing with James during the finale?? Wasn't that sort of hinted at weeks ago?
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I wanted final three Haley/Scotty/James... not happy and not watching anymore.
    I'm seriously thinking of joining you, and I've never done that in all the seasons I've watched, not even after my favorite Daughty got eliminated. Scotty and Lauren bore me, and I'm sure not interested in seeing Ms. "How dare you tell me the truth?" get feted like a Hollywood princess. Sorry, darlin', but you're not. James was far more entertaining than you for most of the season, and I don't care what all your newfound sympathy voters think, I don't have much sympathy for you. Grow up and get a real job where people actually dare to tell you when you need to improve your job performance.

Off to the Voice, which is much better anyway. And can't wait for Simon and some real judging! (And contestants who take him seriously.)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Maybe james's fans (which included me most weeks) thought he was untouchable and didn't vote as much.
    I think so too. Daughtry's fans, myself included, thought he'd coast to the final 3...whoops. But, it didn't hurt him. He's doing quite well without having won this silly show.

I'm just glad Haley's still in it!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread