+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Revolting. I'm turning down the volume on the rest of the videos. Gaga, honey, you're not dazzling, you're what my grandma used to call white trash.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

This song isn't doing Scotty any favors.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

"Young Blood?" Horrible song! Who chose that?

"It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm from Cheers

oh my, why would Scotty pick this song? yuck
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

FORT Regular

Scott's comments disgusted me. He can't even talk to Lady Gaga without feeling like he's going against his religion? What happened to respecting everyone?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, Scotty....I hate songs that repeat over, and over, and over again....be it the tune or the lyric. This was not your best pick. If I hear "Youngblood, youngblood...." again, I'll pull out my hair, one strand at a time!!!!

I am still on your side. (And you won't have a real body until you become a MAN!!! So, don't lose your mind over what they are calling you now, little boy!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought the judges would lambast him for this song, but they liked it. I'm surprised
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by newshound View Post
    Scott's comments disgusted me. He can't even talk to Lady Gaga without feeling like he's going against his religion? What happened to respecting everyone?
    Watching how uncomfortable he was mad me wonder how he's going to deal with everything thrown at him in the music industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That's not the word I would use. Disgusting is more of what I'm thinking.

Haley doing much better on second song. She has a lovely voice when she's not screaming every other note.

Judges and audience give her Standing O. Judges say it was good that they nailed her earlier because she came back swinging. Needless to say, I agree.
    I thought Lady Gaga gave some good advice, and is there in good spirit - to help the kids. She definitely is creative, I'll give her that.

I agree w/you that Haley did much better on the second song. Her voice can be so pretty, and she showed more of that this time. This was one of the only times I've ever really liked her song and enjoyed her performance. She still needs to take her hits more graciously though, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by newshound View Post
    Respecting a human being doesn't mean you can't have any moral standards. LG has made it abundantly clear that all she wants to do is take off her clothes and shock people to make money. Well, Gaga, there's a word for that, and it ain't "lady."

Scotty was just bland. Bet he didn't even care about the song, but just picked something safe so he could coast through again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread