+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Isn't that just a bit of a stretch when it comes to Haley. Yes, she talked back but it was after multiple weeks when she was harshly criticized while others that are much worse get a free pass. Eventually that bubble had to burst.
    Razor -- it is not as if Haley finally burst -- she had been acting as an entitled princess for weeks and weeks. Many of us have been tired of the arguing, eye rolls, bleeped out cursing, and under the breath comments for at least a month.

[EDIT]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-16-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Razor -- it is not as if Haley finally burst -- she had been acting as an entitled princess for weeks and weeks. Many of us have been tired of the arguing, eye rolls, bleeped out cursing, and under the breath comments for at least a month.

[EDIT]
    In all honesty, I rekon it all boils down to expectations. I have noticed it, but I just chock it up to frustration with the way she has been treated. I don't think for a minute she feels entitled in any way. And evidently neither do her fellow competitors, who all seem to like her a bunch.

I feel that Haley has a different personality than the norm, you either get her or you don't. I like her 70's like persona and laid back attitude. And while I've always liked her, she wasn't always my favorite (but has been now since Paul left) Having said that she's grown as an artist, singer and woman. I like that she sticks up for what she believes in. On AI, in the past and I'm sure in the future also, there will be more like her.. David Cook comes to mind in sticking up for what he believed in after catching much flack from Simon. Like has been said many times up thread she deserves "constructive" criticism but so did James who I found often to be way off key (especially in his last week or 2 of performance), as well as Lauren and Scotty. But instead of much deserved critiques they all were praised to the high heavens and undeservedly so, imo.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Haley has acted very appropriately throughout this competition. As a performer, she has evolved the most of the contestants, and that's because she has taken the mentors' advice, listened to it and incorporated it into her performances. She has reacted appropriately to the judges with honest frustration when they have given her conflicting or bogus advice, which has happened more than once with her. She is an enthusiastic contestant who I personally admire for her heart and spunkiness. While I like her personality, I'm not crazy about her cabaret blues style singing. Scotty is the more accomplished performer of the 3 left. But personality-wise, Haley is my favorite.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Haley has acted very appropriately throughout this competition. As a performer, she has evolved the most of the contestants, and that's because she has taken the mentors' advice, listened to it and incorporated it into her performances. She has reacted appropriately to the judges with honest frustration when they have given her conflicting or bogus advice, which has happened more than once with her. She is an enthusiastic contestant who I personally admire for her heart and spunkiness. While I like her personality, I'm not crazy about her cabaret blues style singing. Scotty is the more accomplished performer of the 3 left. But personality-wise, Haley is my favorite.
    --
    --
    As to the accomplished performer, I'm not so sure you'd still have that opinion once you see her on stage during her home town visit. She & her family throw it down.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    As to the accomplished performer, I'm not so sure you'd still have that opinion once you see her on stage during her home town visit. She & her family throw it down.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread