+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Please, Lauren is so genuine and I am so sick of the entitled brat Haley!
    I don't think Haley is a brat, but the final two will be James and Scotty
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Please, Lauren is so genuine and I am so sick of the entitled brat Haley!
    Are we watching the same show? Haley has gotten more criticism from the judges than any of the others.

It would be one thing if the judges, accurately critiqued all of them but they don't. They gushed over James singing journey and it was flat out horrible. You could see JLo's face while he was singing it and she wasn't enjoying it. And Lauren's 2nd song was totally wrong. To me it, it seemed completely obvious that Jimmy I picked that song for her. She didn't want to sing the word evil??.. yet she picked the song?! Somethings wrong in Dodge!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    No, James doesn't want to copy Adam; nope, not one little bit.
    I have been saying this EVERY WEEK since the show began...He doesn't hold a candle to Adam!!!

I too thought the song was NEVER going to end....

Time for him to gooooo

I really don't think that Adam and James are the same nor do I think he is trying to copy him. But that's just me. I enjoyed the song but it brought nothing new to the table. I like him. I like rock and metal and punk. I like soft rock. I like opera. I like music. Taste in music is like taste in art and such. Individual. No one is right or wrong. I DO not like the Disney-electronic altered/packaged music though ;-)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

X-posting...

The montage of past seasons Top 3 contestants going back for their home visits really got me thinking about Elliott and his home visit to Richmond... best home town visit ever... just had to look it up on you tube... now I'm all teary eyed. I miss Elliott... and Lauren Alaina singing "Trouble"? Not even close, my dear.

Scotty knows who his audience is and sings to them, that's for sure... some may call it pandering and others may say he's playing a smart game... I didn't know the first song but I enjoyed it... the second, not so much... again with the strange faces and eyebrows.

Lauren really tried with the Martina McBride song but just fell short, imo.... as a totally biased Elliott Yamin fanATIC you don't even want to know what I think she did with the song "Trouble"

James- I like him when he sings softly b/c he really does have a nice voice in there but the Journey song was not good, imo, and I didn't even recognize Love Potion No. 9 the way he sang it.

Haley- I like her the best of the bunch but missed the into and had no idea whose song she was singing... it was a bit monotonous at the end... I don't really think she was screaming but she was pushing it a bit... will have to rewatch again... but the bus was heading straight for her. Poor kid. I don't mind critique but when others have stunk up the stage far worse and get nothing but puppies and rainbows, it does seem a bit unfair what they sling at Haley, time after time. I don't normally like when contestants give lip to the judges, but I could feel Haley's frustration. Her second song, "I Who Have Nothing", was a slam dunk... for me, for you, either Lauren or James can go home.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

What a great final four! Haley's "I Who Have Nothing" was my favorite. I've never really enjoyed Lauren before, but loved her 2nd performance. I liked both of Scotty's songs. I enjoyed both of James' performances - he's a delight to watch, but when I close my eyes, I don't enjoy his singing as much as his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I don't think Haley is a brat, but the final two will be James and Scotty
    I think it will be James and Scotty as well.I cant handle anymore Scotty. There's just something about him.I think Gaga was lucky to hold James.LOL I would pay to see him in concert( as I would Adam lambert ) but the others I found pretty boring.zzzz Haley does one song badly the other is great.She is never consistent,Lauren, she's okay.I doubt if I heard the girls on the stereo I would ever know them

I was listening to Lambert's CD today, he's wonderful so, imnsho is James! rock on James, Rock on!!
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-12-2011 at 12:43 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chacharo View Post
    I cannot believe the way the judges have treated Haley versus the other contestants. She is an extremely talented singer who has been pretty much the only one who has received that type of criticism from the judges. She has been gracious up until tonight. I was screaming at the tv for her and rooted for her when she finally said something to them!
    Finally?? Haley has never just listened to criticism -- she has countered, rolled her eyes, even cursed and had to be bleeped! As someone already said, she acts completely entitled. My description of Haley is that of an "entitled princess" -- my guess is that most of her former mentors/coaches/teachers have just chosen not to give her their honest appraisals after watching her obnoxious responses. Why would Haley need honesty from JLo, Randy or Jimmy?? She thinks she is perfect just the way she is!!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-12-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Finally?? Haley has never just listened to criticism -- she has countered, rolled her eyes, even cursed and had to be bleeped! As someone already said, she acts completely entitled. My description of Haley is that of an "entitled princess" -- my guess is that most of her former mentors/coaches/teachers have just chosen not to give her their honest appraisals after watching her obnoxious responses. Why would Haley need honesty from JLo, Randy or Jimmy?? She thinks she is perfect just the way she is!!
    Agree, she should have just smiled & said she would bring it on her 2nd song. I thought she absolutely yelled the whole 2nd part of the Michael Jackson song, the beginning was just ok, but I thought it was the worst of the night. Her second song "I Who Have Nothing" was better but I respectfully disagree with another poster who thought she sang it better than Jordan Sparks, Jordin has a way better voice than Haley & didn't yell at all. Not sure who's going home tomorrow but I determine who I vote for based on who I thought sang best & would never vote for someone just because the judges gave them a bad critique.

+ Reply to Thread