+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 5/5 Elimination Show *Spoilers*

Re: 5/5 Elimination Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes harem pants are all the rage.I think they are really easy to dance in.I Have seen that style before, maybe thats why I didn't notice. Its Hammertime didnt he have harem pants? I loved the 80's! LOL
    Oh God! I wore them in the 80s! Do I have to buy them again??? I really should just save my clothes!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Jennifer would look good in a paper sack for Pete's sake. I just wish I had her skin, she's a beautiful woman.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Oh God! I wore them in the 80s! Do I have to buy them again??? I really should just save my clothes!
    I ditched mine, I daresay my dd might try them.LOL
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-07-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    They pulled the infamous Bo! Glad Ryan had to force Scotty over to a group!
    I am surprised they still do that after it didn't work for Bo and he just sat down. I hate it when Ryan does that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I am surprised they still do that after it didn't work for Bo and he just sat down. I hate it when Ryan does that.
    It was Melinda Doolittle who sat down, Bo just planted himself in the middle between the two groups and wouldn't budge. I guess they figure its good drama to put someone on the spot like that.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    It was Melinda Doolittle who sat down, Bo just planted himself in the middle between the two groups and wouldn't budge. I guess they figure its good drama to put someone on the spot like that.
    I think they figure it is worth a try. If they can't make the person do it, they can at least stir up some drama, making him or her squirm.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Had to go out on Thursday night, so recorded the show then FF thru most of it when I got back. I love the DVR.

Because of that, however, I missed some bits.

1. What did Jimmy say to make Lauren so upset? I thought she was just crying at the prospect of going home. I didn't blame her at all. To get this far and work so hard only to have it snatched away from you must be awfully tough.

2. So glad I missed JLo's fashion show. I didn't really pay attention as I was zipping thru. Are they seriously bringing harem pants back again? Oh, good grief. I remember when all the guys in my high school were wearing them because of MC Hammer. That was one fashion trend that deserved to die.

3. Isn't this the second time they've had something to do with JLo on this show? Tacky, tacky, tacky.

4. When Ryan said that about Scotty and the B2, my first thought was, Yeah, but has Scotty ever been in the B3? (See note below)

5. Thank you to whoever posted that article about Huff. I had heard there was some infamous contestant who in the past had chosen a group, but I didn't know his name.

Speaking of which, I found this paragraph interesting from that article about Huff (post #86):

The Huff didn't turn up at Top 7 this year (perhaps because the producers knew the judges might use the Save?), but it did last night, with Adam Lambert as the designated Huff. That makes sense: whether he actually wins or not, at this point he's so obviously the frontrunner that making him part of one of the groups to choose from would take all the suspense out of the game. Only this time, there was a twist: the Huff was not safe! (Cue more gasping from studio audience.) While Ryan was very careful to never identify Adam as being in the bottom two, he was definitely in the bottom three, since Danny and Allison were identified as the top two.

I wonder if that's what happened to Scotty?

And why do the producers keep doing this? To me it's just another sign of show stale the show has gotten. They know contestants aren't going to play the game anymore, so why bother? Do we in the audience even care?

6. So glad Jacob went home! I was never a particular fan of his. While I'm happy that Lauren made it through, I think she'll go home next week if Haley gives another great performance. Didn't somebody say that Lauren looked nervous when Haley got a standing ovation a couple of weeks ago? It's a shame, because I actually believe that Lauren would be a more marketable contestant in terms of voice, image, genre, etc.

On a side note, did anybody else see Jordin perform the national anthem at the Kentucky Derby yesterday? She looked and sounded lovely.
    Last edited by Babbred; 05-08-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

^^^

In answer to your #1, Jimmy said Lauren wasn't at her best the night before & predicted bottom 2 for her.

Wow. Finally some honest judging. It's a shame that it came too late.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    On a side note, did anybody else see Jordin perform the national anthem at the Kentucky Derby yesterday? She looked and sounded lovely.
    I did! I live 20min from Churchill Downs and have NEVER been to the KY Derby or KY Oaks. On my list to do one day though. Anyway, she did great and looked great!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread