+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

She definitely performed it on the 3/9 show. She dedicated it to her dad.

YouTube - American Idol Siobhan Magnus "House of the rising sun" live performance

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    She definitely performed it on the 3/9 show. She dedicated it to her dad.

YouTube - American Idol Siobhan Magnus "House of the rising sun" live performance
    That was pretty and smooth, but that really didn't hold a candle to Haley's rendition.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

What is it with Lauren? When she sings an emotional song, she seems disconnected. Why does she incorporate a smile in them? Is it her age? Her nerves? Stress? She held out on the glory note...again. I think this will be her demise on AI. She was once the frontrunner but every week she seemed to slowly lose her confidence as the finale gets closer and closer which will be her demise. I don't think she deserves to be in the finale if she will just be a nervous trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    What is it with Lauren? When she sings an emotional song, she seems disconnected. Why does she incorporate a smile in them? Is it her age? Her nerves? Stress? She held out on the glory note...again. I think this will be her demise on AI. She was once the frontrunner but every week she seemed to slowly lose her confidence as the finale gets closer and closer which will be her demise. I don't think she deserves to be in the finale if she will just be a nervous trainwreck.
    I don't know, but young people who have that kind of talent usually sing it, if they have the voice. She just refuses to let go and really deliver. It's quite sad. I realize she is young, but from what I have seen, she is very immature. There is no crime in that. Children should be children, live, laugh and have fun, but her behavior is similar to my 8 year-old niece. Maybe it's just not there. She can only give what she's mature enough to give.

I can see how that if she would release her voice, Lauren's voice is more marketable than Haley's. I really like Haley and think she's doing better now, but her voice quality just isn't what Lauren's is. Haley is trying though. I have to hand her that.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Siobhan sang Paint It Black. Don't remember HOTRS.
    Siobhan sang HOTRS before she sang Paint It Black, I thought her version of Paint It Black was fantastic, a very original arrangement & her voice was awesome, what did her in was she could not pick good songs to go with the themes. Anyway the best rendition of HOTRS was the lead singer of The Animals hands down, Haley did it kind of cabaret & yelled alot it was interesting but i didn't get the love!

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Siobhan sang HOTRS before she sang Paint It Black, I thought her version of Paint It Black was fantastic, a very original arrangement & her voice was awesome, what did her in was she could not pick good songs to go with the themes. Anyway the best rendition of HOTRS was the lead singer of The Animals hands down, Haley did it kind of cabaret & yelled alot it was interesting but i didn't get the love!
    Me either. I have no idea why most people are so crazy about Haley's version of HOTRS. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I can see how that if she would release her voice, Lauren's voice is more marketable than Haley's. I really like Haley and think she's doing better now, but her voice quality just isn't what Lauren's is. Haley is trying though. I have to hand her that.
    While Lauren has the voice, Haley has the emotion. She seems to "get" the song better.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    While Lauren has the voice, Haley has the emotion. She seems to "get" the song better.

What is the age difference between them?

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post

Nor did I.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    She has not been taught how to pay attention to the lyric of a song. She is trying too hard to focus on hitting the notes in a certain, stylized way. She is not addressing the meaning of the songs. It's kind of the Pia problem. It's a shame, because like Pia, Lauren is blessed with a beautiful voice. I also don't think it has anything to do with age. LeeAnn Rhymes, for example, was beautifully expressing the emotions of songs before she was out of puberty. Same with Judy Garland, Stevie Wonder, etc. etc.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread