+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Same here -- she is now my favorite. And you know America loves a contestant who grows and improves over the months of competition. She DEFINITELY deserves to be the highest finishing girl over Lauren. And with that performance, Haley may have stolen the #3 spot from Lauren!!!

Maybe the country fans will stop splitting and favor Scotty, giving us James, Scotty and Haley in the F3. One can hope.

Scotty did very well tonight. I think Jacob's time is up.
    I like Haley better then Lauren.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

In case anyone DIDN'T notice, Steven said the word "beautiful" at some point in every single critique. He needs to expand his vocabulary!

Quote Originally Posted by KofferMum View Post
    Hailey's got to be careful about enunciation when singing. She tends to slur words together for her craft.

I cannot believe that Jennifer was so negative. Finally.
    I'm still waiting to see this...just reading along with you all....but I have to say here that Jennifer has been negative before and it was with Haley. Now she may deserve the comments tonight, I am not sure since I have not seen it, BUT I have noticed that the several times the judges have made not so great comments about Haley, they did not do the same about others who were far worse. I have felt that they think only one girl is going to survive and they want it to be Lauren, (I think they were surprised the guys finally started to be voted off) so I really think they've tried to sway voters to favor Lauren over Haley in a subtle way. Just the vibe I have gotten from a few shows back....but then I will admit to being a fan of Haley's so I could either be completely wrong and off base as a result, or could be noticing what non-Haley fans might not...

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    In case anyone DIDN'T notice, Steven said the word "beautiful" at some point in every single critique. He needs to expand his vocabulary!
    Yes, and Randy too. So I guess everybody is "in it to win it"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    Did notice! that and Randy's always saying "In it to win it"!

ETA: @TeacherLady - we were definitely thinking alike on this one and posting at the same time....lol
    Last edited by JenCos; 05-04-2011 at 10:26 PM.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos View Post
    I'm still waiting to see this...just reading along with you all....but I have to say here that Jennifer has been negative before and it was with Haley. Now she may deserve the comments tonight, I am not sure since I have not seen it, BUT I have noticed that the several times the judges have made not so great comments about Haley, they did not do the same about others who were far worse. I have felt that they think only one girl is going to survive and they want it to be Lauren, (I think they were surprised the guys finally started to be voted off) so I really think they've tried to sway voters to favor Lauren over Haley in a subtle way. Just the vibe I have gotten from a few shows back....but then I will admit to being a fan of Haley's so I could either be completely wrong and off base as a result, or could be noticing what non-Haley fans might not...
    Totally agree... they want Lauren over Haley and they are not shy about letting us know...any critique of hers, even if fairly positive, always seems to come with a disclaimer, or a 'but'. It really makes my blood boil. They are always damning her with faint praise. Haley seems to be very chill but I think she knows the score. I also think she is confident in her abilities and while respectful of any criticism the judges have given her, she seems to take it all in but her eyes seem to reflect what she is really thinking. Although none of us could be familiar with a 'non-released' Lady Ga Ga song, I felt she was entertaining and sang it very well. I was watching Haley very closely while JLo was telling her it wasn't a wise decision to sing a song unknown to the audience. Haley's eyes seemed to say
    "What have you been smoking, lady? I nailed it." I may be reading much too much into Haley's expressions but I think Haley herself knows how good she truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    This should put the nail in the coffin for Jacob..he needed to go before Casey..at least IMHO
    I agree...and that's why I will be upset if Haley leaves before Jacob does. I think she definitely deserves another week - and Jacob is so overdue to leave....

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Love isn't hurting, but my eardrums are. That sucked out loud. My cat ran from the room, and I was right behind him.

Nazareth should sue.

Of course the judges thought it was all rainbows and fuzzy puppies.
    You are awesome! But I am still going to fast forward thru Jacob. Because I can!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Bye-Bye Jacob

Ew, they should not have aired Sheryl's beautiful singing of "Love Hurts" so close to Jacob's version - he made me cringe!! Oh my gosh, it was bad. The whole thing was awful. And I love that song.

Steven loved his "delivery" - it was beautiful, JLo said he was really good, and Randy says he redeemed himself with this song?? Really? I thought it was one of the worst performances I've seen in a looong time.

+ Reply to Thread