+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

They are doing on AI exactly what they do on DWTS. On the elimination show they always say the same thing about who is safe and who is in the bottom in no specific order. I think that James's performance on Wednesday night was so superior to any other that I have ever seen on AI. I am older and not a rocker fan but his singing showed his versatility and just blew me away. Seeing his softer side was amazing. I am so happy that Casey is gone, his music genre is not for AI. I would like to see Haley go next. Scott and Lauren have a lot of country fans and since there are only 2 girls left Lauren will stay longer than Haley. And then there is poor Jacob. I like him, I think because he tries so hard, but his voice needs some development and a good voice teacher will lead him in the right direction. I think in time he will be good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tante suzie View Post
    They are doing on AI exactly what they do on DWTS. On the elimination show they always say the same thing about who is safe and who is in the bottom in no specific order. I think that James's performance on Wednesday night was so superior to any other that I have ever seen on AI. I am older and not a rocker fan but his singing showed his versatility and just blew me away. Seeing his softer side was amazing. I am so happy that Casey is gone, his music genre is not for AI. I would like to see Haley go next. Scott and Lauren have a lot of country fans and since there are only 2 girls left Lauren will stay longer than Haley. And then there is poor Jacob. I like him, I think because he tries so hard, but his voice needs some development and a good voice teacher will lead him in the right direction. I think in time he will be good.
    I agree - by saying "in random order or "no specific, particular order", they can take the top vote getter and stand him/her next to the one leaving and make it look like the top vote getter also nearly left.

We have learned to listen very closely to Tom on DWTS to figure out when it is actually the bottom 2. He will say something to indicate that.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Even if Scotty wins, he'll appeal more to older women who like old country. Carrie has been phenomenally successful because she crossed the pop/country divide like Shania.
    I'm not even sure what to say about this. Carrie is successful because she has talent and personality. It remains to be seen if Scotty could rise to the level of superstar, have a mediocre career for a while, or just fade back into obscurity. But I really don't think he will only appeal older women who like country.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Sorry about that. I was just going off that "Grandmas Love Scotty" sign that some woman held in the audience a couple of weeks ago. I didn't mean any offense to anyone younger who likes him. His baritone voice makes me melt, but I'm not really into country music, so I'm not sure if I'd spend money on him.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Totally agree, remember Lauren Turner from the top 24, really good voice but she wasn't a size two like the girls picked for the wild card & didn't make the wild card round despite the fact she sang better than all the wild card singers picked. I hope she will try out for The Voice next season. Though it will be interesting to see if the mentors will work just as hard for their less atractive picks as their picks they think will become stars based on looks. Hope James wins this season on AI but it will probably be Lauren or Scotty, they are all good but not great.
    Scotty and Lauren are pulling votes from the same fan base. That could hurt their chances if they are in the top 3 or four together. Haley will probably pick up a lot of Caseys fan votes...they both have that bluesy-jazz sound. I am sad that I won't get to see Casey compete on the show anymore. I was always surprised and entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'm not even sure what to say about this. Carrie is successful because she has talent and personality. It remains to be seen if Scotty could rise to the level of superstar, have a mediocre career for a while, or just fade back into obscurity. But I really don't think he will only appeal older women who like country.
    You're right, Misty8723..very good point. I'm not old, and am not a country music fan...and still think Scotty is great.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Why should she change who she is, any more than Adam Lambert or Casey?

I never said she should change who she is. As a person I like Crystal, but she never was one of my favorites. Same with Casey. He shouldn't change who he is. I hope he is able to find a producer who will guide him in the future to make the kind of record he wants to make. In an idle world that is what would happen with these contestants after their AI experience.

It really is someone's own personal taste in music that in most cases draws them to become a fan of a certain contestant. I always have enjoyed Adam. Both as an artist and as a person.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by tmontgomery71 View Post
    Scotty and Lauren are pulling votes from the same fan base. That could hurt their chances if they are in the top 3 or four together. Haley will probably pick up a lot of Caseys fan votes...they both have that bluesy-jazz sound. I am sad that I won't get to see Casey compete on the show anymore. I was always surprised and entertained.

That's a good point. That, and the supposed romance between them might help her. I'm so used to thinking of her in the B3, that I didn't think of her picking of votes.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I think Lauren has the kind of Carrie potential (she's only 16) as Carrie seemed very wooden to me when on AI, so if Lauren can let loose, she definitely has the personality and pipes for it. I love Scotty, he'll have a niche.

Who do you all think Casey's votes will go to? I loved both he and Jacob, so maybe some will trickle over? If not - who else? I agree Scotty and Lauren may be getting the same votes, but perhaps split by gender since they are both country?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I think Lauren has the kind of Carrie potential (she's only 16) as Carrie seemed very wooden to me when on AI, so if Lauren can let loose, she definitely has the personality and pipes for it. I love Scotty, he'll have a niche.

Who do you all think Casey's votes will go to? I loved both he and Jacob, so maybe some will trickle over? If not - who else? I agree Scotty and Lauren may be getting the same votes, but perhaps split by gender since they are both country?
    I am not so sure that when someone leaves those who voted for them go to someone else enmass. Some may stop voting and the others are not necessarily all going to shift to the same artist.

+ Reply to Thread