+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    So will the Scotty fans ramp up their voting and the Jacob fans now get a false sense of security? Could be the set up for Jacob's departure next week.
    Actually, under your theory, Jacob's fans would also be ramped up to vote for Jacob, because they perceived him as being in the Bottom 3, an insecure position.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I wasn't shocked over Jacob staying. He was in the B2 last week (or at least he appeared to be in the B2). Jimmy scared Jacob's fans by stressing that he was in danger of leaving. I think even Randy said something about him being in danger. Jacob's fans were put into action. For that reason, I almost picked Casey to leave over Jacob.
    Yeah, I was initially shocked that Jimmy would say that, because it sounded negative about Jacob. But I think you're right, Jimmy was egging Jacob's fans to vote for him. And Randy did say he hoped "some votes would be thrown" Jacob's way. Perhaps that's why they put Jacob in the mock Bottom 3 last night---to also goose up his fans.

---
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-29-2011 at 08:40 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

What did you guys think of Crystal last night? I was rather shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    We know what "random order" means when we hear it because we discuss it with each other and we remind ourselves, but the viewing audience probably doesn't, and I think that is what the producers are counting on; therefore, I also believe the viewing audience will by and large think Scotty was in the bottom 2 and his fans will vote even more for him next week.
    Count me as one of the clueless people. With so much else going on in the show, especially Bruno "performing," Ryan's comments flew over my head. I knew the Scotty thing had to be a fake, but that was just my instinct, not an actual remembrance.

I agree with whoever said putting Scotty there just felt cheap. Did they think that anybody other than maybe Scotty's fans would buy that? It would have been far more dramatic to have Haley/Casey/Jacob up there, what with the romantic angle and since H & J have consistently been in the B3. I suspect that was the real B3 this week.

Casey...Casey...Casey. I'm going to miss you, brother. No, he wasn't the greatest singer, but he was one of the most entertaining. His performances were compelling since you didn't know how he'd change up a song. Now that he's gone, my support goes to James, who also has charisma. Everybody else, especially Scotty, I simply find boring.

No real shock with Casey's elimination, since he was more of an entertainer than a singer. I was surprised, though, that he went before Haley and Jacob. I thought he would make it to F4.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I did not really enjoy the song, but I like Crystal. What shocked you?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

She apparently lost some weight and had her mouth fixed. She did have the granola hair and outfit..so no change there. I think what was interesting was the low key greeting she got both when Ryan announced that she would be on last week and the actual applause after she sang. Remember that her supporters were adamant that she would be the next Adam Lambert in that she would out sell and out sing the actual winner and I haven't seen that happen.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 04-29-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Since she left the show runner-up, ( I thought she should have won) I really thought that lots of opportunities would have come her way and she would have grown a lot since she left. She didn't appear to have done that. I'm not saying you have to have a total physical transformation, I like natural, but it just seemed that she didn't make any effort. I mean how often are you going to appear on national tv in a performance? I thought she might have made more effort. I thought the song was so-so.

Since she left the show runner-up, ( I thought she should have won) I really thought that lots of opportunities would have come her way and she would have grown a lot since she left. She didn't appear to have done that. I'm not saying you have to have a total physical transformation, I like natural, but it just seemed that she didn't make any effort. I mean how often are you going to appear on national tv in a performance? I thought she might have made more effort. I thought the song was so-so.

I know exactly what you mean and agree with you.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "grown a lot." Why should she change who she is, any more than Adam Lambert or Casey? If that's how she wants to sing, then I admire her for it. She looked like she was having a great time and that's all that counts. I personally loved her performance and plan to buy her album.

And no, I never thought she would be as popular as Adam Lambert. She is too quirky and independent. I simply thought she was better than Lee last year and deserved to win far more. Honestly, I don't see Idol producing another Kelly/Carrie/Adam again. Even if Scotty wins, he'll appeal more to older women who like old country. Carrie has been phenomenally successful because she crossed the pop/country divide like Shania.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "grown a lot." Why should she change who she is, any more than Adam Lambert or Casey? If that's how she wants to sing, then I admire her for it. She looked like she was having a great time and that's all that counts. I personally loved her performance and plan to buy her album.

And no, I never thought she would be as popular as Adam Lambert. She is too quirky and independent. I simply thought she was better than Lee last year and deserved to win far more. Honestly, I don't see Idol producing another Kelly/Carrie/Adam again. Even if Scotty wins, he'll appeal more to older women who like old country. Carrie has been phenomenally successful because she crossed the pop/country divide like Shania.
    I understand her desire to stay true to herself, but IMO her performance was not even as good as when she was a contestant. If you are going to wear that hairstyle, then she should make sure it is properly groomed. IMO it didn't appear that she put much into her performance or her appearance. I get it, some people don't do that and I accepted it when she was a contestant, but I just thought it was kind of sad that she has so much potential, yet little has changed since she left.

Some celebs don't dress for a performance at all. I get that. Toby Keith was on DWTS last week and his shirt looked like he found it balled up in the corner of his garage. VERY disrepectful IMO, but I love Toby Keith and understand that's who he is. He sang great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I liked the song, thought she sounded good. I was glad to see here again.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Whoo hoo. Jacob stays. Major upset for the prediction thread.
    I think Jacob is okay, but Casey is far more entertaining. I'm still waiting for Jacob to go for a gospel song and go full out, over the top. He was better this last week, but I just can't stand R&B in general. I'll miss Casey a lot more than I would miss Jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Wow! Jacob survives another week.
    I guess America doesn't like Growly McBeard after all. He really needed to just sing rather than all that growling, grunting, etc...
    I liked his style of singing, growling included. He always entertained me, much more so than I can say for Jacob. I'd rather see over the top Jacob than the boring r&b singing they're trying to make him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover View Post
    I liked Scotty's softer airier voice last night... but I think his thing is the baritone... which I am done with. I would like to see him go.. Same with Jacob... but he will be soon.
    I'm the other way, I love the baritone. Without it, he's just another decent country singer.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-29-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread