+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 157

Thread: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #101
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,957

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Liked Casey's last bit with Haley, though I thought he would kiss her!

    No freakin' way Scotty was bottom 2! And Ryan NEVER said this was the bottom 3. I think it was more, Casey, Haley and Jacob.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  2. #102
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,234

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Liked Casey's last bit with Haley, though I thought he would kiss her!

    No freakin' way Scotty was bottom 2! And Ryan NEVER said this was the bottom 3. I think it was more, Casey, Haley and Jacob.
    No, he very specifically said, "Random order".
    Count your blessings!

  3. #103
    FORT Regular lorac7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    122

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Wow, wow, wow...Jacob safe!

    Bye, bye Casey...
    Glad Jacob is safe, he can actually sing, Casey in all honesty cannot sing, he would be great in Vegas after a couple of drinks! I like Casey but he should have been gone when he was first voted out.

  4. #104
    BTW
    BTW is offline
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    530

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    You're right. I'd be willing to bet Scotty had the most votes of anybody. Well, either Scotty or James.
    James, I hope Scotty is good, but sounds too much like any other country singer.... even when not singing country.

  5. #105
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    54

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Is Jacob on the Vote for the Worst list? He often hits more bad notes than all the rest combined, has excessive, annoying vibrato and his singing is frequently overwrought and melodramatic.

    It is interesting what what Scottie said about subtlety and glory notes. Too often singers go for the big notes, shrieking at top volume instead of building the song. Unfortunately that has been the trend over the last twenty years or so and many younger people don't know anything else.

    By the way, my musical tastes are pretty broad, including classical, rock, jazz, folk, blues.

  6. #106
    Decompressing Juls2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    So sorry to see Casey go - one of my favorites since the Austin auditions. Crazy talented musician and an incredible performer. Now I can only keep my fingers crossed that James wins.

  7. #107
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,653

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Glad Jacob is safe, he can actually sing, Casey in all honesty cannot sing, he would be great in Vegas after a couple of drinks! I like Casey but he should have been gone when he was first voted out.
    This is why I watched and love The Voice it is a show about actually singing. A show that leaves everything but the sound coming out of the mouth at the door,as it should be. Idol doesn't want singers they want someone they can sell records with very little substance involved. I am done with Idol after the finale. too much drama and not enough talent making it to the end.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  8. #108
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,353

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    So sorry to see Casey go - one of my favorites since the Austin auditions. Crazy talented musician and an incredible performer. Now I can only keep my fingers crossed that James wins.

    I feel the very small way.I think Carey is musical genius, and after Jacob and Scotty( ugh) and the others are long gone.Casey will have a great carrer. James will win.I was happy to see Scotty in the bottom two.

  9. #109
    FORT Regular lorac7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    122

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    This is why I watched and love The Voice it is a show about actually singing. A show that leaves everything but the sound coming out of the mouth at the door,as it should be. Idol doesn't want singers they want someone they can sell records with very little substance involved. I am done with Idol after the finale. too much drama and not enough talent making it to the end.
    Totally agree, remember Lauren Turner from the top 24, really good voice but she wasn't a size two like the girls picked for the wild card & didn't make the wild card round despite the fact she sang better than all the wild card singers picked. I hope she will try out for The Voice next season. Though it will be interesting to see if the mentors will work just as hard for their less atractive picks as their picks they think will become stars based on looks. Hope James wins this season on AI but it will probably be Lauren or Scotty, they are all good but not great.

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Oh damn! I didn't get the boot right. Thought Jacob was going home for sure after singing first and not really singing too well. Casey's demographics just will not cut it to save him especially with only 6 left. What i'm really surprised about is Scotty in bottom 2. This must be just a random order and to create more drama they put Scotty in B2. Now he would certainly win it all after a scare like that on his fans.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.