+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/28 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Liked Casey's last bit with Haley, though I thought he would kiss her!

No freakin' way Scotty was bottom 2! And Ryan NEVER said this was the bottom 3. I think it was more, Casey, Haley and Jacob.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Liked Casey's last bit with Haley, though I thought he would kiss her!

No freakin' way Scotty was bottom 2! And Ryan NEVER said this was the bottom 3. I think it was more, Casey, Haley and Jacob.
    No, he very specifically said, "Random order".
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Wow, wow, wow...Jacob safe!

Bye, bye Casey...
    Glad Jacob is safe, he can actually sing, Casey in all honesty cannot sing, he would be great in Vegas after a couple of drinks! I like Casey but he should have been gone when he was first voted out.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    You're right. I'd be willing to bet Scotty had the most votes of anybody. Well, either Scotty or James.
    James, I hope Scotty is good, but sounds too much like any other country singer.... even when not singing country.

FORT Regular

Is Jacob on the Vote for the Worst list? He often hits more bad notes than all the rest combined, has excessive, annoying vibrato and his singing is frequently overwrought and melodramatic.

It is interesting what what Scottie said about subtlety and glory notes. Too often singers go for the big notes, shrieking at top volume instead of building the song. Unfortunately that has been the trend over the last twenty years or so and many younger people don't know anything else.

By the way, my musical tastes are pretty broad, including classical, rock, jazz, folk, blues.

So sorry to see Casey go - one of my favorites since the Austin auditions. Crazy talented musician and an incredible performer. Now I can only keep my fingers crossed that James wins.

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Glad Jacob is safe, he can actually sing, Casey in all honesty cannot sing, he would be great in Vegas after a couple of drinks! I like Casey but he should have been gone when he was first voted out.
    This is why I watched and love The Voice it is a show about actually singing. A show that leaves everything but the sound coming out of the mouth at the door,as it should be. Idol doesn't want singers they want someone they can sell records with very little substance involved. I am done with Idol after the finale. too much drama and not enough talent making it to the end.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    So sorry to see Casey go - one of my favorites since the Austin auditions. Crazy talented musician and an incredible performer. Now I can only keep my fingers crossed that James wins.

I feel the very small way.I think Carey is musical genius, and after Jacob and Scotty( ugh) and the others are long gone.Casey will have a great carrer. James will win.I was happy to see Scotty in the bottom two.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    This is why I watched and love The Voice it is a show about actually singing. A show that leaves everything but the sound coming out of the mouth at the door,as it should be. Idol doesn't want singers they want someone they can sell records with very little substance involved. I am done with Idol after the finale. too much drama and not enough talent making it to the end.
    Totally agree, remember Lauren Turner from the top 24, really good voice but she wasn't a size two like the girls picked for the wild card & didn't make the wild card round despite the fact she sang better than all the wild card singers picked. I hope she will try out for The Voice next season. Though it will be interesting to see if the mentors will work just as hard for their less atractive picks as their picks they think will become stars based on looks. Hope James wins this season on AI but it will probably be Lauren or Scotty, they are all good but not great.

Oh damn! I didn't get the boot right. Thought Jacob was going home for sure after singing first and not really singing too well. Casey's demographics just will not cut it to save him especially with only 6 left. What i'm really surprised about is Scotty in bottom 2. This must be just a random order and to create more drama they put Scotty in B2. Now he would certainly win it all after a scare like that on his fans.

+ Reply to Thread