+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 4/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Ellitt is the perfect example of the great singer who cannot make it big. He has had some success, but not the level his voice would demand. He did have his teeth done which improved his looks, but then he adopted some strange hairstyle which complicated what improvements he made. It is a sad commentary on humans that we really do need an attractive exterior
    Elliott has done well--he sold a gold album and a platinum single. He's not Kelly Clarkson, but she is performing a much more popular genre. Kelly also is no great beauty, so I don't think looks play a lot in the music world. Now for actors, that's a different subject. In fact, none of the AI winners, except for Carrie and Jordin, were very attractive.
    ---
    ----
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea how Elliott got into the show, but he still remains as the best singer ever to come out of Idol. His debut album was fabulous folks--very contemporary and beautifully sung. I agree, the season is lack luster.

Mainly because the producers rejected folks like Lauren and Caleb.
    Exactly my point. We have good singers but it takes so much more than that.

Is it true they did not put Caleb through because they wanted a girl to win this season and feared he would? Is this just a rumor?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

If so, then they've failed miserably.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread