+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    James was showing us some Elvis Presley moves there for a few seconds.
    I definitely thought Elvis was in the building at the beginninng of that duet!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Fun duet with Jacob and James.
    That turned out much better than I expected! I was pleasantly surprised.

I thought James was hands down the best tonight. And acapella isn't easy.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I thought James was hands down the best tonight. And acapella isn't easy.

Yep, I agree. The beginning was just beautiful and shows how lovely his voice really is. The performances of his which I have always liked best are the softer ones that showcase his voice and not have him doing the rock scream, like "Maybe I'm Amazed."

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I was thinking that and remembering "In a Dream" and just how effective that was. That said, I love James and I loved that!
    Definitely the most memorable Idol moment for me - had it on my dvr for so long until the darn thing broke down. Gosh, I love that performance...especially at high volume.

And James' song tonight started out so great, too. It was still good after the a capella part, but I loved the first part. Very, very sweet.

Scotty's performance was terrific tonight too. His voice is good even when he's not being all country, and the change is a welcome one! I liked Lauren too, her performance was more memorable than the actual song. I'm hoping Jacob goes home tomorrow - I'm just not a fan.

On another note, do the audience's signs look suspiciously professionally done to anyone else? There was one tonight, that a little girl was holding, that actually looked like she did it. Otherwise, all the signs I see usually look too well done and actually pretty similar. Maybe they hand them out in line before the show? Sell them?

James totally stole it tonight ... gave me chills. I liked Casey's performance too - I think the producers of HBO's Treme should give him a role on that show - let him open up jazz and blues to a new audience. He's a great showman!

James was terrific. For me, he's been great every week, though. But I really loved his performance tonight. I think Randy might be right.

Scotty ...meh. Jacob....yuck. Lauren did much better tonight and I love the song she sang. My favorite show used to be Gilmore Girls and that's the theme song for the opening credits.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I love the songs tonight, but I'm a huge Carole King fan.

I loved James tonight!

From the looks of it, I think Scotty is going to win this, but I am hoping that James does.

This is the first time I've voted since Paul left and I voted for James on my cell phone. Unfortunately, I was able to get through every time. I thought James did an amazing job tonight and left everyone else in the dust. I just can't get into Jacob and the rest. Even Casey, who was good, got on my nerves with that weird growl-ly thing he does. He's still a fantastic musician, though.

The judges are actually throwing in a few critiques. I'm impressed. I even thought Jimmy was offering good advice, and the guy with him this week was much better than that will-i-am fella (how weird is that name...ugh).

I couldn't figure out who Scotty reminded me of until tonight -- Ace, from Chris Daughtry's season, I think. Actually, a mix of Ace and Constantine. Ace was a cutie but he was so full of himself and always posing for the cameras. Yuk. That's how I feel about Scotty. He's posing, and he always dips his voice into that baritone, whether it's in the beginning or end of a note (whichever way the judges and producers described it). It just feels so fake to me I cringe every time he gets on stage and starts with those looks and those notes. I can see why people like him, but I can also see right through that, and not care for him at all.

I wish Ryan would stop pushing a romance between Lauren and Scotty. There's nothing there. Absolutely nothing. Having said that, Lauren at least shows some personality and tries to roll with it, but Scotty just can't seem to joke about anything. Very awkward to watch.

I have to say the Jennifer is being a good sport with these guys focusing on her in these numbers. She doesn't act like a diva at all!

I dont normally enjoy Scotty, but he did try very hard to sing out of his comfort zone.James, I have loved him from the fist day I saw him I have no doubts he will win
    Casey is unique, and I didnt mind baby Luther tonight. Its so hard when there is just six, i wish they wouldnt force the show into overtime

+ Reply to Thread