+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/21 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/21 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Wow, Lauren sang Natural Woman, that powerful song? I have no memory of it. But then again, Lauren is not a memorable singer. I don't think there is any rule about singing a song only once per season. It's be done before.
    ---
    Didn't the same song get sung twice in one night? And not the coronation song either.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

REF. Natural Woman. I think Haley has already done it, so I think Lauren might do it next week.

If you haven't heard Carol King's version on her CD Tapestry, check it out. IMO it's the best version ever recorded. Maybe because she wrote it, but it's really good.

I'm hoping someone does Way Over Yonder and You've Got a Friend. Way Over Yonder, which is on Tapestry is a song that someone could bring the house down with. It allows a singer with a really big voice to really showcase a strong, big voice. For these reasons, I think that James or Jacob will select it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    If you haven't heard Carol King's version on her CD Tapestry, check it out. IMO it's the best version ever recorded. Maybe because she wrote it, but it's really good.
    Right on! I remember telling an old boyfriend that Carole did the best version of Natural Woman. He had never heard her version, and just said she must have "ripped it off" of Aretha Franklin, who he said he had done the best version. I then informed him that Carole had written it. He was speechless. When Aretha sings it, it is powerful. When Carole sings it, it's powerful and incredibly poignant. Her version gives me chills. This season, there has been no woman capable of doing the emotionality of song justice.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

May I please post this quote? It just makes my blood boil. It comes from an article in the "spoilers" thread about a famous rocker who was supposed to have appeared last night. Along the way, the writer wrote this little gem:

"Losing Pia was a huge blow to the show's pool of competition, and with only five weeks left in the competition, many are wondering if this year's winner will amount to much post-Idol..."

Excuse me? Excuse me????? You can't tell me Iovine had nothing to do with this article. Well, one word, sweetheart: Scotty. I wasn't much of a fan of his before this, but I really hope he wins this thing now. I hope he and Lauren make F2 and between them have as much success as Carrie. Stuff that, Iovine.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I hope Natural Woman isn't done. It's been done way too much already! There's plenty of good Carol King songs to chose from. Will be interesting to hear what the boys pick, especially James and Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    May I please post this quote? It just makes my blood boil. It comes from an article in the "spoilers" thread about a famous rocker who was supposed to have appeared last night. Along the way, the writer wrote this little gem:

"Losing Pia was a huge blow to the show's pool of competition, and with only five weeks left in the competition, many are wondering if this year's winner will amount to much post-Idol..."

Excuse me? Excuse me????? You can't tell me Iovine had nothing to do with this article. Well, one word, sweetheart: Scotty. I wasn't much of a fan of his before this, but I really hope he wins this thing now. I hope he and Lauren make F2 and between them have as much success as Carrie. Stuff that, Iovine.
    Pia wasn't all that and frankly I found her boring. I do think Scotty is going to win this and will end up with a massive country career. He has the voice, he has the personality and he has the look. If Pia is meant to have a career, she will, just see Chris Daughtry or Jennifer Hudson. I hardly call Pia leaving a "blow" to the show.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The American Idol Results Show ratings were down 13% from last week.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I hardly call Pia leaving a "blow" to the show.
    If anything it was good for the show. For it allowed some of the other contestants to get a little recognition instead of everyone raving every week about "incredible" (see lackluster) Pia's performances are every week.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 04-22-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    Loved David Cook. Hated the Katy/Kanye combo, ready for Jacob to exit stage left.
    Katy's got a good voice at least. I don't get the appeal of Kanye at all, and never have. This performance and Rihanna's were quite the "show"/extravaganza. I could've done without both.

What they should have done instead, was let David sing some more songs! I love, love, love him, and his voice. The little introduction with his mom and Steven Tyler was cute - David's face afterward made me laugh. And he could have talked w/the contestants, or anything to keep him on my TV screen a little longer. Can't wait for his new album to come out.

Carole King songs? Hmmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about this. It could be really good, or one of those forgettable nights. I actually didn't mind Lauren's version of Natural Woman she did before, but no one probably remembers it because of the awful shorts/tights ensemble she had on!!

Little Joey Tribiani goes home (How YOU doin??), and hopefully Jacob will be next. I don't care for his voice at all. Stephano sounded good on his going-out song, and James was too sweet being all choked up about his friend leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think he looks like a young 'Joey Tribiani' from Friends.
    Thank you! I kept racking my brains trying to think who he looked like, and that was it.

I'm so glad that they get to sing whatever they want after they are eliminated. I've always hated it when they had to sing the song that got them kicked off. I always felt badly when Ryan shoved the microphone in their hand after getting kicked off- it was like he was saying "your song last night totally sucked and you are now leaving AI...let's hear it again!"
    Amen to that.

Loved seeing Cookie again last night! Although I must say I didn't like that song quite as much as some of his previous stuff. I still have the video of "Come Back To Me" and it makes me tear up still when I watch it. And whoever said he's gotten cuter is right. And loved seeing his mom hug Steven Tyler.

I read an interview with Cookie lately where he mentioned that the thing he loves the most about being famous is how much he can help others. Awwww, I'm tearing up again....

I refused to watch that drek that passed for music with K & K, and reading your comments has made me glad I did.

I was so impressed with the classy exits by both Paul and Stephano. Wow. And I just wanted to hug poor James and Stephano both. Although the latter wasn't the best singer, it's been so sweet seeing how much the contestants have bonded.

That reminds me. Yeah, JLo teared up a little bit, but she sure didn't cry as much as she did the night Stephano almost got eliminated. In fact, I thought the judges were rather tepid in their responses. I remember thinking that James was crying a lot more...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread