+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/21 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/21 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Tapestry is one of my all time favorite albums.
    I can't wait, either.
    I had remembered the songs from childhood, but finally bough the CD about 5 years ago. OMG!!!!!!! I must have played it hundreds of times. Such great music. They can't go wrong with her music. IT's timeless IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I'm so glad that they get to sing whatever they want after they are eliminated. I've always hated it when they had to sing the song that got them kicked off. I always felt badly when Ryan shoved the microphone in their hand after getting kicked off- it was like he was saying "your song last night totally sucked and you are now leaving AI...let's hear it again!"
    Wanda Sykes did a routine about that a few years back. Her punchline on the sing-out was, "now that we've crushed your dreams, why don't you remind America why they voted you out last night! Go on!"

Carole's songs beg for emotion and a lot of vocal range, so this could be difficult for folks like Lauren and Scotty. I think Jacob could do a great job with You've Got a Friend or Up on the Roof. Or Will You Love Me Tomorrow could be cool.

Haley will probably go for Natural Woman---we'll see if she can swing it without sounding cheesy.

Casey: I Feel the Earth Move? Been to Canaan?
    ---
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I think somebody has to sing "I Feel the Earth Move" and I'd like to hear Haley or Lauren tackle it.

FORT Fogey

scotty was SO BAD this week -- looks like his an base won't desert him no matter how awful he is. terrible song, terrible performance, annyoing facial and head tics.

i keep hearing how good casey is, but i'd never pirate his cd, let alone buy it.

stefano's last song was great -- his best performance. let on a classy note. word is that he'll james durbin's best man at his wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg View Post
    stefano's last song was great -- his best performance. let on a classy note. word is that he'll james durbin's best man at his wedding.
    That is so neat!!

I'll say it again, this is a pretty good bunch of kids. No major trainwrecks. When the person leaving sings like he did last night, its a good group!

As much as I enjoy how they are doing the group sings, I kind of miss the cheesiness... it hasn't been to cheesy lately.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Haley will probably go for Natural Woman---we'll see if she can swing it without sounding cheesy.
    Lauren already performed "Natural Woman" during rock & roll week. Although, is there a rule that says once a song is sung within a season that it can't be performed again?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    Lauren already performed "Natural Woman" during rock & roll week. Although, is there a rule that says once a song is sung within a season that it can't be performed again?
    Wow, Lauren sang Natural Woman, that powerful song? I have no memory of it. But then again, Lauren is not a memorable singer. I don't think there is any rule about singing a song only once per season. It's be done before.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum View Post
    I think somebody has to sing "I Feel the Earth Move" and I'd like to hear Haley or Lauren tackle it.
    I want to hear Haley or Lauren sing Natural Woman!

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I want to hear Haley or Lauren sing Natural Woman!
    NF1, you got your wish with the latter.

YouTube - American Idol 2011 Top 9 - Lauren Alaina (Natural Woman)
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread