+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 4/21 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/21 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Lucky for Allison that she's friends with Adam, he's keeping her employed. Didn't her record label drop her ? I thought she was a very talented singer in season 8 however she lacked personality, it seems she wants to be a badass like Pink, but she's no Pink & she doesn't fit in with the Taylor Swifts or Selena Gomez types, so where does that leave her ? Curious how much the opening acts make on a tour like Adam's, what did he make on his last tour ?
    I had read the "Official AI Yearbook" just a month ago, which covers the first 9 seasons. I remembered that one of the girls was touring with Adam. I can't believe I mixed up Allison and Chrystal.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Sanjaya.
    Shoepie, I am not laughing at you, but honestly, this is just about the truth.

Over the other 9 seasons Simon, Paula, and Randy let in their share of singers who this board dissed as well. Sanjaya just happens to be the one that comes first and amusingly to the top of many minds.

There is not one shred of evidence, imo, that Simon, Paula, and Randy would have selected a better slate of contestants than Steven, J-lo, and Randy have done.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I don't have any quarrel with the choice of contestants (except maybe Ashton). I even admit that Pia had a lovely voice, and I've been rooting for Casey. I just don't like their mushy, all-the-time lovefest criticism.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Shoepie, I am not laughing at you, but honestly, this is just about the truth.

Over the other 9 seasons Simon, Paula, and Randy let in their share of singers who this board dissed as well. Sanjaya just happens to be the one that comes first and amusingly to the top of many minds.

There is not one shred of evidence, imo, that Simon, Paula, and Randy would have selected a better slate of contestants than Steven, J-lo, and Randy have done.
    I am saying we need a Sanjaya or two this season! These singers bore me to tears!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I am saying we need a Sanjaya or two this season! These singers bore me to tears!
    I have no problem with Sanjaya types, except that it brings out such hatred in some people. Do i want a constant love fest? No, but I think there's a balance, and I do think they (at least some of them occasionally) offer constructive criticsism (and not just That was dreadful! Sing better!). Also, it doesn't raise the level of ire in the viewers to where some people are sending death threats to 16 year olds! It also kind of puts us on our own to decide who and what we like, without the judges telling us this one is great, this one is terrible.

The bottom line is I watch this not for the judges, but for the contestants. I've found enough this season to entertain me, so I'm happy.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    The judges chose this line up. They selected who they considered the best singers but it appears they did not consider unique style. I wonder who we would be watching now if Simon, Paula and Randy did the choosing.
    Scott Savol, Paris Bennet, Kevin Covais & Haley Scarnato.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Scott Savol, Paris Bennet, Kevin Covais & Haley Scarnato.

---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112