+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/21 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/21 Results Show *Spoilers*

I just checked the internet and in 2010 Adam was accompanied by one or both--- Orianthi and Allison Iraheta. According to his interview with Oprah, the 40 city tour for 2011 ,which hasn't started yet, will feature the same two girls......no mention of Crystal.

It's true that they are all very good singers this season but I just re-watched on Youtube the season where Jordin won. I watched performances by her, Melinda and Lakisha. Those 3 were above the caliber of this year's contestants, especially Melinda. She may have been the most refined contestant that ever performed on AI. She sang like a true professional. They perform really well and you can tell that they were really in it to win it, unlike this year's contestants where some lack confidence (Thia, Lauren), some have lots of confidence but lack the vocal chops (Naima, Ashthon) and some though have nice tone in their voice but are one trick ponies (Scotty, Paul). Jacob and James are the screechers of the bunch but they lack voice control. Pia comes closest to being among the best of all AI seasons but she doesn't know how to work the stage and comes across as pageanty.

I can't imagine how Blake even made top 5 in his season...even Phil was better than him. Oh yea...Jordin, Melinda and Lakisha were splitting votes that's why Blake made it to the finals (Anyone of those girls could have beat Blake in the finals handily...that season had promise until the final 2...it was so anti-climactic because everyone were expecting a Melinda vs. Lakisha finale). This year it's pretty much inevitable that Lauren and Scotty will make the finale. Both of which are playing safe and are just coasting by their loyal and passionate following. James is the only one that has a smidge of a chance to break that only because Lauren and Scotty might split votes when it comes down to 3 left. If you were to make a dream top 12 for AI, I don't think anyone from AI 10 will make the list.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 04-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.

FORT Fogey

What I found different about this season was that there were indeed many peole who COULD win it while in previous years, you had your 3-4 potential winners with everybody else being cannon fodder. The Blake second place finish ( an utter fiasco) was a result of having too many good female singers, who competed against each other for votes....didn't that happen with Fantasia's season also?

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    What I found different about this season was that there were indeed many peole who COULD win it while in previous years, you had your 3-4 potential winners with everybody else being cannon fodder. The Blake second place finish ( an utter fiasco) was a result of having too many good female singers, who competed against each other for votes....didn't that happen with Fantasia's season also?
    I agree with what you are saying. There aren't any MAJOR standouts and IMHO they all are pretty good (no major trainwrecks) so it does kind of even it all out.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I just checked the internet and in 2010 Adam was accompanied by one or both--- Orianthi and Allison Iraheta. According to his interview with Oprah, the 40 city tour for 2011 ,which hasn't started yet, will feature the same two girls......no mention of Crystal.
    Lucky for Allison that she's friends with Adam, he's keeping her employed. Didn't her record label drop her ? I thought she was a very talented singer in season 8 however she lacked personality, it seems she wants to be a badass like Pink, but she's no Pink & she doesn't fit in with the Taylor Swifts or Selena Gomez types, so where does that leave her ? Curious how much the opening acts make on a tour like Adam's, what did he make on his last tour ?

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    With BB King too!
    Thank you.
    I couldn't place the man in the commercial. I knew he was a singer, but couldn't remember which one.
    I guess he's got diabetes, too, like Crystal?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think these guys are top notch. But that's probably because I pretty much stopped watching this show for two or three seasons and then came back last year. In comparison to S9, this season at least seems top notch.

I don't know if a Lauren/Scotty final is inevitable. Scotty, yes, but Lauren has not shined through as some (see: the producers) thought she would. I sort of like her and would root for her if she made the F2 with anyone other than Haley (I don't expect that to happen though ). But she has had some horrible song choices, and her performances have just been okay. I think Jennifer was spot on with her critique this week -- I want her to belt a song. If she keeps continuing like this, the F2 is locked to be Scotty and James.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

What I found different about this season was that there were indeed many peole who COULD win it while in previous years, you had your 3-4 potential winners with everybody else being cannon fodder.

This season has been quite a contrast after the two David's, Adam/Allison/Kris, and Lee/Chrystal. Most of the contestants now have good voices, but nobody makes you sit up and say "Wow!"

The Blake second place finish ( an utter fiasco) was a result of having too many good female singers, who competed against each other for votes....didn't that happen with Fantasia's season also?

I didn't watch Season 3 so I can't comment on it. However, you are spot on about Season 5. (Or is it 6? I always get them mixed up.) Blake made me cringe. Splitting the vote is the only to explain how somebody like him made it to the finale.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

This season has been quite a contrast after the two David's, Adam/Allison/Kris, and Lee/Chrystal. Most of the contestants now have good voices, but nobody makes you sit up and say "Wow!"
    The judges chose this line up. They selected who they considered the best singers but it appears they did not consider unique style. I wonder who we would be watching now if Simon, Paula and Randy did the choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    The judges chose this line up. They selected who they considered the best singers but it appears they did not consider unique style. I wonder who we would be watching now if Simon, Paula and Randy did the choosing.
    Sanjaya.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread