+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 4/14 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/14 Results Show *Spoilers*

Haley, girl, what you did last night was just awesome.

Scotty, what you did last night bordered on dispicable. You ruined a perfectly good song.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    These are boring judges who chose boring contestants. Adam Lambert and Chrystal Bowersox would not have been chosen had they audtitioned this year. It is going downhill and will die if they do not change the judges. I miss Simon and his relationship with Paula; it offered entertainment that I found a welcome breather from the singing.

Can anyone honestly say they are excited about anyone and really, really want them to win?
    Simon was so cynical that generally speaking he was mean spirited. That became such a downer to me that I quit watching. I didn't watch auditions this season either. My daughter - who is classically trained but regardless appreciates all forms of music - talked me into watching again.
    Immediately I noticed the change in the atmosphere of the show. It simply was enjoyable again.

Yes, there maybe is too much of a love-fest from the judges; however, on the other hand, there is absolutely a freedom on this season that there has never been before for contestants to perform in a way that Simon would not have allowed which I find enhancing and entertaining. In the end, that is really the reason for this show as opposed to giving a scholarship (recording contract) to the most worthy contestant who ends up the winner at the end.

Also, Steven himself has been able to contribute in ways that Simon NEVER did. I will give you one example right off: Steven did that one clip on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which he could do, and Simon could personally not do and probably would not have condescended to do.

Out of literally thousands and thousands and thousands of people trying out, do I think that that the remaining 7 contestants are untalented?
    If I look at what this board snarkingly and collectively says, then I am lead to believe this to be true. However, my common sense alone would say that isn't true.
    Maybe I like some of them and their styles of music better than others; maybe some of them have personal gestures that I find annoying, but I really don't think that makes them boring or untalented. It just means I prefer or like someone else better.

All said, I can't justify saying this is a boring season with untalented, boring contestants even though I don't like some of their gestures.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

LOVED Lauren and Scotty's duet last night!! It was beautiful...they both sounded very good together. For me, these two are the best.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I just popped in here to say how much I can't stand Ryan Seacrest & how he gives the results. When someone is safe & he says crap like "I'm sorry to tell you are going...(long, exaggerated pause)...back to the couch". So essentially, it's like he's saying he's sorry to tell them they're safe. I guess he must really enjoy telling people they're the one going home, then? He really should think about how he comes across. Very unlikable host, IMO. And he gets more unlikable every year.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I think he does it that way all for drama...to draw it out, and get the viewers and audience on the edge of their seats, so to speak.

FORT Fogey

I was not aware of the Clarkson country duel with that country singer. Is it doing well? Does anybody know why she went in the dirction of country? Her black dres was as simple a thing as I have seen her in, although it did not fit well. I was surprised that she looked like she aged considerably since we last saw her on IDOL. I know she has to be in her 30s by now, but she looked older and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    LOVED Lauren and Scotty's duet last night!! It was beautiful...they both sounded very good together. For me, these two are the best.
    I enjoyed it very much as well as Casey and Haley's duet. I see we will probably have this on the tour.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I was not aware of the Clarkson country duel with that country singer. Is it doing well? Does anybody know why she went in the dirction of country? Her black dres was as simple a thing as I have seen her in, although it did not fit well. I was surprised that she looked like she aged considerably since we last saw her on IDOL. I know she has to be in her 30s by now, but she looked older and dowdy.
    The single was #1 for, if I remember correctly, 3 weeks & has sold over a million downloads. Jason Aldean is as hot as they get right now in Country music. She went that direction because he wrote it & asked her to sing on it. She has had 2 hit singles that have been Country duets, Reba & now Jason. She is managed by Reba's husband, so that may have something to do with it.

Lauren and Scotty blended very well in their duet together. Loved his deep voice with her pretty voice. I must add, Lauren looked really pretty last night. It's all personal preference.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I just popped in here to say how much I can't stand Ryan Seacrest & how he gives the results. When someone is safe & he says crap like "I'm sorry to tell you are going...(long, exaggerated pause)...back to the couch". So essentially, it's like he's saying he's sorry to tell them they're safe. I guess he must really enjoy telling people they're the one going home, then? He really should think about how he comes across. Very unlikable host, IMO. And he gets more unlikable every year.
    I am sure that is producer driven. Ryan is not out there making choices of his own.

+ Reply to Thread