+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 4/14 Results Show *Spoilers*

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 4/14 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum View Post
    Was it just me or did Casey seem super pleased that Haley was safe tonight? And during their duet, they seemed to get along well together, as if they were made to sing with and to each other on stage.
    Wasn't there some rumor about them being cozy in the house they all share? They both come from the Chicago area.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    Wasn't there some rumor about them being cozy in the house they all share? They both come from the Chicago area.
    Yes - I read that Haley and Casey were an item. Don't know how true that was, though, but they'd make a cute couple.

I just now watching the show...and altho I think America got it right, I am going to miss Paul (what a great job on Maggie Mae! wish he had sounded like that all the time) but I felt Stefano did a much better job last nite on vocals - and deserved to stay. But overall I find Paul is so much more entertaining. Hope he gets a good gig as a result of AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    They were!! I really, really enjoyed Haley tonight
    Best performance this Season!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    I thought both duets were sung/performed well......except for Scotty and that mic thing! I know, I know, I should just get used to the fact that he'll always hold that thing like he's ready to brush his teeth with it. It was more obvious this time because here's 16 yr old Lauren, looking professional, and there's Scotty all crimped and shoulders smooshed, caressing his microphone. (Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest. I'm still mourning Paul and his chicken dance )
    It drives me crazy too! I close my eyes when Scotty performs so I can enjoy his voice....

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum View Post
    Was it just me or did Casey seem super pleased that Haley was safe tonight? And during their duet, they seemed to get along well together, as if they were made to sing with and to each other on stage.

I also like the small groups, duets on results night rather than the cheesy group sing. This may be a way to spin AI in a new direction.
    I think they also really appreciate each others style of singing so have something special in common and Casey seems to really admire her talent - soul sister. I noticed during their song all the idols were grooving to the music and loving the performance - except James who sat there very quietly...he is so entrenched in Rock I'm not sure he appreciates other genres so much...

EDIT because I just saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Yes - I read that Haley and Casey were an item. Don't know how true that was, though, but they'd make a cute couple.
    awww..that would be sweet...they do look cute together.....
    Last edited by JenCos; 04-14-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I would much prefer that Haley be safe instead of Lauren.
    Me too. Lauren is a sweet singer but just like any other sweet high school singer: a real snooze fest.

And count me in on the anti-Scotty microphone crowd. Why does he keep holding it in two hands like he's praying and tilting his head to the side? It makes him look unsettlingly coy.
    --
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos View Post
    I just now watching the show...and altho I think America got it right, I am going to miss Paul (what a great job on Maggie Mae! wish he had sounded like that all the time) but I felt Stefano did a much better job last nite on vocals - and deserved to stay. But overall I find Paul is so much more entertaining. Hope he gets a good gig as a result of AI.
    Best performance this Season!! It drives me crazy too! I close my eyes when Scotty performs so I can enjoy his voice....
    I think they also really appreciate each others style of singing so have something special in common and Casey seems to really admire her talent - soul sister. I noticed during their song all the idols were grooving to the music and loving the performance - except James who sat there very quietly...he is so entrenched in Rock I'm not sure he appreciates other genres so much.
    You do know he's on the autism spectrum, right? That usually includes a tendency to be in their own little world and have a harder time interacting with other people.
    Count your blessings!

Haley and Casey were the highlight for me this season. Not sure anything will be able to top their duet they performed tonight. Not even when the winner is announced. Moments like that are memorable and will be talked about for years.

The rumors about Casey and Haley being smitten with each other have been rampant for weeks now. It just became obvious because their duet was amazing. If you follow them on twitter they have been sharing pictures of the two of them together for a while now.

Live at American Idol: Hot New Couple Alert…Casey and Haley?!

Thursday night was full of surprises behind the scenes at American Idol, most of all the undeniable flirting going on between Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams!

So what's going on between those two crazy kids and what kind of reception did Pia Toscano get when she showed up to watch the show?

Spring is here and love is in the air. The Idol contestants have been living together for weeks now, so it's not a total surprise that romance has blossomed between two of the singing star hopefuls. We've heard a buzzing rumor that Haley and Casey are more than just friends, but tonight they weren't hiding their affection!

As judge Randy Jackson would say, they "slayed" their duet, but the happy smiles didn't last long when Haley was sent to the bottom three. After Kelly Clarkson performed, she openly admitted to crushing on Casey. However, after Kelly snapped pics with Randy, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, Casey didn't hang out by the couch in hopes of snagging a hug and a smile. Instead he crossed the stage to Haley to give her a pep talk, and from the look on Casey's face it didn't look like just a friendly gesture.

Trying to keep things cool, they just gave each other a tight hand squeeze before Casey went back to the couch. After Paul McDonald and Stefano Langone joined Haley in the bottom three, the show cut to commercial, and then it was Haley who crossed the stage and made a beeline for Casey.

As the two chatted and laughed, Casey tried a few times to grab her hand and even attempted to get Haley to sit on his lap. When that didn't work, he reverted to touching her whenever he could and kept a steady eye on her as she talked with the other contestants with body language that pretty much said, "Hey look at me."

We gotta admit it was totally cute, and we could help but laugh a little at their thinly veiled attempt to cover up their crushing. If you don't believe us, maybe Casey's reaction to Haley being deemed safe would convince you. We thought his hands were going to go flying off his arms from the exuberance of his clapping, and the look of relief on his face doesn't lie; he really cares about her.

Speaking of elimination, last week's Idol eliminee, the shockingly booted Pia, sat next to the judge's table to support the remaining competitors. Randy had a mini freakout when he saw her. Pointing and saying, "You should be here, dawg!"

It seems Pia has settled into her new celebrity status, carrying a Louis Vuitton purse with a bodyguard by her side, looking every bit the part of a head turner. Audience members were getting up out of their chairs to get a glimpse, and show producer Nigel Lythgoe gave her a very warm welcome. She was smiling, chatting with her gal-pal and saying hello to fans. It seems like her elimination actually did her more good than if she stayed on the show.

Other tidbits you didn't see:

After Scotty McCreery and Lauren Aliana performed the opening duet, he informed production that his ear piece wasn't working.
    We saw the judges have a picture sheet of all the contestants at the table. When Ryan Seacrest brought Lauren, Haley, Casey and Scotty to center stage, Jennifer pointed to a picture of whom she thought would be in the bottom three to Randy and he agreed. Too bad we didn't see who she pointed to!
    Postshow, James Durbin began crying on stage over the loss of Paul. It was totally endearing and made us love James even more!
    Rihanna looked stunning, but on her way backstage from the judges table, she had a near tumble down the stairs. Fortunately she caught herself and was able to get backstage without incident...Oh wait, she tripped one more time, but still didn't fall.

What do you think of Haley and Casey as a couple? Is there an Idol contestant you'd want to date? Who do you think should go home next week? Let us know in the comments!
    Live at American Idol: Hot New Couple Alert Casey and Haley?! - E! Online
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

These are boring judges who chose boring contestants. Adam Lambert and Chrystal Bowersox would not have been chosen had they audtitioned this year. It is going downhill and will die if they do not change the judges. I miss Simon and his relationship with Paula; it offered entertainment that I found a welcome breather from the singing.

Can anyone honestly say they are excited about anyone and really, really want them to win?

About Haley/Casey - didn't Ryan himself make some comment about Haley's "sweetie" Casey during a chat with her?

Well I guess they need to manufacture something to make this incredibly boring season more interesting. I do not miss Simon but this show had such promise at the beginning, I'm not sure what went wrong. I suspect that Steven was muzzled and it completely ruined the whole tone of the show. Remember how much fun he was during the auditions? He isn't anymore...or maybe Jennifer or Randy put their foot down and said that the show is NOT about him and they want equal billing?

I don't know, it just isn't as good as it was during the auditions and Hollywood week and I'm incredibly bored.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Highlights from last night's show:
    Haley and Casey - awesome!
    Rob Reiner - he is such a stitch! This is Spinal Tap, When Harry Met Sally and The Princess Bride are some of my most loved movies of all time. Loved the Chariots of Fire song, but I have to believe it went over the heads of the contestants. That movie was too long ago and neither the song nor the movie has retained as much popularity.

I am sorry to see Paul go, but I understand why. That was such a bad song choice (for him) Wednesday night. A Kenny Loggins song would have suited him better. And I also think he is much more appealing when playing guitar. It sort of keeps him from flying about the stage too much. And he did do a great job with Maggie May. I'm curious if he was avoiding too much of a comparison to Rod Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    These are boring judges who chose boring contestants. Adam Lambert and Chrystal Bowersox would not have been chosen had they audtitioned this year. It is going downhill and will die if they do not change the judges. I miss Simon and his relationship with Paula; it offered entertainment that I found a welcome breather from the singing.

Can anyone honestly say they are excited about anyone and really, really want them to win?
    I must say, I disagree with almost everything in this post. And, I for one, would love to see Haley win, but I know it'll never happen. Scotty, he of the mimic voice, will most likely win.

+ Reply to Thread