+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 4/14 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/14 Results Show *Spoilers*

I just loved Paul. He disappointed me with his vocals lately, but he did an amazing job with Maggie May tonight. I've been on his band's website and think his own music is pretty darn good. I would buy it. I hope this stint on Idol gave him and his band the bump they needed.

Although, I always knew Paul wouldn't win AI..I'm a HUGE fan and am really sad to see him go
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Okay, that one made sense. Paul going home was the right thing to do, America.

I enjoyed the duets tonight a lot. Scotty and Lauren sounded great together, but why no comments from the judges? Haley and Casey were entertaining too, and I liked Haley's voice for a change but only when she doesn't growl. She growls way too much, because I think they've given her so many props for it so she's got to do it all the time now.... The boys singing as a foursome didn't sound great. What's going on with the sound quality?

I didn't know that guy singing with Kelly, but they were good. What did she give Ryan a hard time about, after their song - her tweets or something? She's funny. And a good singer.
    Rihanna's song was lovely to look at and watch, but I don't care for her voice.
    The best part of the night was listening to my fave, David Cook, singing the good-bye song!!! Mmmmm-mmm.
    She thinks she has to do it all the time.

I think the difference with the boys is that when they sang together before it was Paul, Casey, James and Stefano. This time Jacob was in the mix. I just don't think he is cut out to sing S&G.

I think Jacob is ok but I can't watch him when he sings. All I see is tongue and teeth when he gets started. My mother would have said he sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles.
    Last edited by gatrmom; 04-14-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Haley and Casey were wonderful!!!
    They were!! I really, really enjoyed Haley tonight
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

I thought both duets were sung/performed well......except for Scotty and that mic thing! I know, I know, I should just get used to the fact that he'll always hold that thing like he's ready to brush his teeth with it. It was more obvious this time because here's 16 yr old Lauren, looking professional, and there's Scotty all crimped and shoulders smooshed, caressing his microphone. (Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest. I'm still mourning Paul and his chicken dance )

I think Haley & Casey was the first "moment" for me this season, Haley carried Casey though.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    I think Haley & Casey was the first "moment" for me this season, Haley carried Casey though.
    We thought the same thing here in our house....

Was it just me or did Casey seem super pleased that Haley was safe tonight? And during their duet, they seemed to get along well together, as if they were made to sing with and to each other on stage.

I also like the small groups, duets on results night rather than the cheesy group sing. This may be a way to spin AI in a new direction.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    Although, I always knew Paul wouldn't win AI..I'm a HUGE fan and am really sad to see him go
    Love that boy! There are others better than him in that Idol group, but he was just so cute. Maggie May the song he went out with, was one of his best. I will miss him

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum View Post
    Was it just me or did Casey seem super pleased that Haley was safe tonight? And during their duet, they seemed to get along well together, as if they were made to sing with and to each other on stage.

I also like the small groups, duets on results night rather than the cheesy group sing. This may be a way to spin AI in a new direction.
    Wasn't there a rumor that they were an "item?"

+ Reply to Thread