+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I like listening to Scotty, don't watch him. He looks like a cross between George Bush and Alfred E Newman and it drives me nuts. Also, he looks funny singing.
    That is spot on! I've kinda gotten over the Alfred E. Neuman thing and you had to go and say that. He does look like their true love child.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg View Post
    does anybody else hate the way scotty holds the mic and tilts his head? and then makes those god-awful faces?
    oh yea, hate that! You gotta close your eyes to listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacharo View Post
    OMG Cross My Heart by George Strait.

....but it was hard listening to someone besides George sing a George song..
    That's exactly what I just said. I can't hear this song and not think of George. This song belongs to him and if you are going to sing it? Then you had better slay it and make it your own. Scotty did not do that, he didn't even do a good karaoke version.

I need to stop watching him and see if that makes him sound better. I just don't get how he sounded really good in the practice reel but so bad on stage.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacharo View Post
    That is spot on! I've kinda gotten over the Alfred E. Neuman thing and you had to go and say that. He does look like their true love child.
    throw in Woody from Toy Story as another poster suggested and you got Three Men and a Country Singer!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Rats! I would have liked to hear "Everybody's Talkin' 'Bout Me". This is just same old, same old.
    Scotty sounded really good in the clip practicing that song! He reminded me of Glen Campbell. I would have loved to hear that one instead of the George Strait song. Hard to sing something by King George without being compared unfavorably to him.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I like listening to Scotty, don't watch him. He looks like a cross between George Bush and Alfred E Newman and it drives me nuts. Also, he looks funny singing.
    plus,
    Woody from Toy Story - love that one, Reality Chick!
    Richie Cunningham
    Howdy Doody
    Clay Aiken's in-bred country twin

What did they do to Casey? Casey is going to slay Nat King Cole. Hopefully in a good way, but I have my doubts.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

In the Air Tonight would have been a better song for him.

Here comes Casey, who I thought should have left when he was voted out.

I've never heard this song before. Where was it from again?
    Not liking it, as usual...

FORT Fogey

So, yeah, the judges are praising everyone, and it may seem a little boring...BUT, I think that there's something to it - this whole group is REALLY good, compared to this level in other seasons.

+ Reply to Thread