+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

Thread: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I agree 100%, but some posters were saying Jacob came close to sounding as good as the original version Simon and Garfunkel sang.

I'm curious, which Jacob fan said that here? I'm probably his biggest (or only? ) fan at the FORT and loved his version of Bridge Over Troubled Water, but I'm also the one who posted the Garfunkel clip, saying no one's version can compare to Garfunkel's.
    --
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-15-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I'm curious, which Jacob fan said that here? I'm probably his biggest (or only? ) fan at the FORT and loved his verion of Bridge Over Troubled Water, but I'm also the one who posted the Garfunkel clip, saying no one's version can compare to Garfunkel's.
    --
    ---

I wasn't talking about your post.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I wasn't talking about your post.
    I know. But I really would like to know--who said Jacob's Bridge version was almost as good as Garfunkel's? I'd like to meet such a fan here, cuz I'm kinda lonely )
    ---
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I know. But I really would like to know--who said Jacob's Bridge version was almost as good as Garfunkel's? I'd like to meet such as fan here, cuz I'm kinda lonely )
    ---
    ---

You are not the only Jacob fan that posts here at FORT. If his thread is any indication. There are a couple.

Anyways, I must have read the post wrong about it being better then the original.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Jacob's version of Bridge Over Troubled Waters was really good, can't say it was as good as Garfunkel...but it was getting there.

I thought Jacob's performance this week was the best of the bunch. The softening and raising of his voice was sooo gooood. Really brought the song up.

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    I thought Jacob's performance this week was the best of the bunch. The softening and raising of his voice was sooo gooood. Really brought the song up.
    Yeah, Jacob has developed a nice nuance and pacing to his singing. He has been restraining his power (in a good way) for several weeks now. I think he must have paid attention to Iovine's advice about that, and that was smart. Just like it was smart of Jacob to switch to Bridge Over Troubled Water.
    ----

Ok. It's getting down to the wire and there are no vocal front runners.

Paul. The fizzle is gone.
    Lauren. She is a carbon copy.
    Stefano. He must find his voice, confidence, and passion.
    Hayley. She must find her niche and stay there.
    Jacob. The 2nd good performance I can give him but in the gospel world he is nothing special.
    Casey. I would say he is the most out-the-box rebel and should stay there.
    James. He too is a carbon copy.

Did I miss anyone?

Oh. Scotty. He is carbon copying too. I don't want another Elvis.

At this point, I see no true originality except for Casey and Hayley.
    All the others are falling into to that "been there done that" Xerox genre.

Lastly, I agree all the backup, orchestras. guests stars and such are too much and distracts.

+ Reply to Thread