+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

A few weeks ago, James' light show and jumping around really impressed me. This week... not so much.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Casey was incredible. How can people not think so?!
    It is always interesting to see that which is pleasing to one persons ear is horrible to another.

I have hated Casey every week, but especially this week. He sounds absolutely horrid to me and I can't understand why people like him. So, I guess that is what makes it fun around here!

Because he threw in this affected breathy growl too often, he had a series of flat notes in the first half of the song, and he came off as a bit of a poseur.

I don't dislike him as a performer in general. I didn't think this was an authentic enough, or good enough, performance.

In other news: Remember back in Season 1, when the performers had a little humility? Now, they all know best, much better than the seasoned record-industry veterans. Reminds me of how Kelly Clarkson knew best about "My December"....

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    I loved him, also. It was DIFFERENT. It was unique.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    If you don't know who Jason Aldean is, I'm guessing you aren't a fan of country music. He currently has a duet out with Kelly Clarkson (Don't You Wanna Stay), but I guess it hasn't crossed over to the pop charts.
    It's funny, because I live in the South but I hate country music. Go figure. That's how I know Scotty will do great--people like me like him.

Thanks everyone, for the info on Aldean.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I can see Casey doing some Maroon 5 very well, like "All I Need." Has he already done them?

Well, call me happy with Casey's performance tonight too. I have no favorites this season at all, but for some reason, I loved this tonight. And I get it. I know the song and wasn't sure what to expect. When I listened to the recap at the end of the show, I decided to vote. I haven't done that yet this season. IMO, he deserved the standing O.

My opinion: It was a good show -- no train wrecks -- but nothing that absolutely made me jump up out of my chair and say, "Wow!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Well, call me happy with Casey's performance tonight too. I have no favorites this season at all, but for some reason, I loved this tonight. And I get it. I know the song and wasn't sure what to expect. When I listened to the recap at the end of the show, I decided to vote. I haven't done that yet this season. IMO, he deserved the standing O.
    If you liked Casey's performance tonight I strongly suggest you look up current Best New Artist Esperanza Spalding.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    So true. James is like a little boy playing rock star in his bedroom. He tries, but...eh.

But, points for bringing Zakk Wylde out for this mess of a show.
    Not fair getting points for the accompanist.. I was less than impressed with James, and a couple of others tonight. Surprisingly,it was not my favorite music night, considering I liked many of the songs chosen, but not the renditions by the singers.

+ Reply to Thread