+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm not sure that was good advice from Iovine. Good on Casey for ignoring it.

Well, that turned out really strange. I liked parts and hated parts.

Please someone, take a groomer to that man.

Ouch. Not a good idea. Don't like Casey doing this at all.

Update: OMG, they all loved it? What? What? Gah!

Also, Jimmy I. reminds me of someone... Boomhauer, but with dark hair?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Casey, Casey, Casey......what is with these grunts? It's like he's trying too hard to improvise. There were some painful moments throughout the song but, overall, it was OK. This music was, fairly, over these people's heads. Still loving that double bass!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Casey did the right thing not singing the Phil Collins song, however, I'm not sure that this is the right one either. Listening to him, I think I'd like to hear him take on a Sting song. Not the Police, but Sting from his Dream of the Blue Turtles. I could hear him killing "Moon Over Bourbon Street", he just has that vibe to pull it off.

But I'm not sure any of the voters would get it, then again will they get what he just sang? Probably not. He went against the mentors and will probably be in the B3 tomorrow. You can't sing an obscure song but you also can't sing a song that belongs to somebody else. Hard place to be.

Anyways, I was bored with this song. I kept trying to picture him singing the other song and missed almost the whole performance, not a good sign.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

My goodness, I guess I'll be the odd man out. I loved it. I was so glad he stuck to his guns and did what he wanted to do. That's the mark of an artist. Every man and his dog knows can sing Phil Collins, but Casey did something unique. Good on him! I also loved the whole vibe smoky club vibe. Even if he gets voted off tomorrow, I'll still love him.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Why did the judges give him a standing O for that performance? I don't understand that at all.

Not the hater of the type of music but Casey is no Esperanza Spalding, nowhere close.

I thought Casey sounded pretty good when he practiced 'In The Air Tonight'. Should have went with that song.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

So Casey's critique is basically, we hope America doesn't kick you off for that crazy ass song that we are not really going to comment on your performance!

In the Air Tonight would have been much better.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Come on judges!! Give me a break! He sucked! It was awful! His voice sucks! His face is creepy! He looks like a demented killer! He can't hold the notes!

If he leaves, it's not because "we don't get it". It's because he sucks - pure and simple!

+ Reply to Thread