+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    I still find it amusing that people say someone was "voted off" of AI. The vote is to keep someone, so what really happens is that someone fails to be voted IN. So people claiming that America got it wrong really do have (as they say) only themselves to blame since nobody can take negative actions via Idol voting, only positive ones...
    Simon has said that America never gets it wrong. They vote who they like and the most popular vocalist wins. Plain and simple. Most of those complaining don't vote anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    I have to agree. Iggy being on Idol dinged my WTF radar and I wondered why he's go on such a cheese fest of a show but perhaps he was bored and needed a diversion. I'm sure he made many a punk fan groan out loud - not that many of them would stoop to watching this show - but, man, oh, man, was it ever one of the best things on AI? I could just imagine some of those grannies who vote their fingers to the bone every week for Scotty looking on with indignation and their tweener grandkids shrieking in embarrassment that somebody the age of their grandpa dared to prance around shirtless on the same stage that Gaga will be performing on in a few weeks. Good stuff!
    I laughed like crazy. Do you know how old Iggy is? He's 63! Why can't we get Robert Plant shirtless? LOL

I saw that Lady GaGa fell down on stage. There's a video out there. I wish the ladies would master the super high heels or get real. I would prefer to enjoy the performance rather than worry someone is going to crash and break an ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    I still find it amusing that people say someone was "voted off" of AI. The vote is to keep someone, so what really happens is that someone fails to be voted IN. So people claiming that America got it wrong really do have (as they say) only themselves to blame since nobody can take negative actions via Idol voting, only positive ones...
    Amen. I remember back when "Dreamgirls" came out, Ryan was ragging the judges about how popular JHud was despite being eliminated early. For some reason that I can't remember, he tried to blame the judges for that. Simon snapped at him, "Excuse me, but we got it right. We put her in the Top 12. Her fans screwed up by not voting to keep her around ."
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Simon has said that America never gets it wrong. They vote who they like and the most popular vocalist wins. Plain and simple. Most of those complaining don't vote anyway.
    That is not always the case. In fact a lot of people who do vote like crazy have this reaction when their favorites are voted off.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Simon snapped at him, "Excuse me, but we got it right. We put her in the Top 12. Her fans screwed up by not voting to keep her around ."
    For the show that season, the fans got it right. Jennifer was screaming her way through every song, and many people at the FORT complained about it. Since then, she has clearly had some vocal coaching on modulating her voice to use it more effectively. But as an AI fan, I couldn't stand her performances.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Thanks, pillbeam. I didn't watch Jennifer's season and often wondered how she only got to #4. Sounds like what I thought about Christ Daughtry. I thought he screamed through his songs on AI as well, but now I really like his music.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Amen. I remember back when "Dreamgirls" came out, Ryan was ragging the judges about how popular JHud was despite being eliminated early. For some reason that I can't remember, he tried to blame the judges for that. Simon snapped at him, "Excuse me, but we got it right. We put her in the Top 12. Her fans screwed up by not voting to keep her around ."
    Jennifer started off the season very poorly until the last couple of weeks before she was eliminated. At the time of her ouster she was pretty clearly behind Fantasia & LaToya, with them vying for the same voters it was pretty obvious to me that one of the three was going to be eliminated earlier than they should be.

Simon was right putting her in the Top 12 & the voters (at the time) was right to eliminate her even though Fantasia, LeToya, & Jennifer were the most talented that season.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Thanks, pillbeam. I didn't watch Jennifer's season and often wondered how she only got to #4. Sounds like what I thought about Christ Daughtry. I thought he screamed through his songs on AI as well, but now I really like his music.
    Actually Jennifer was 7th, LeToya was 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    Actually Jennifer was 7th, LeToya was 4th.
    Wow. And look at her career today. I've always thought that while it would be great to win AI, it's the AI platform that's the actual prize. It's what you do with that exposure that means anything. There are much more talented people out there who would give their eye teeth for a fraction of that exposure. So if Pia's smart she'll take this 15 minutes of fame and work it into a viable career.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I laughed like crazy. Do you know how old Iggy is? He's 63! Why can't we get Robert Plant shirtless? LOL

I saw that Lady GaGa fell down on stage. There's a video out there. I wish the ladies would master the super high heels or get real. I would prefer to enjoy the performance rather than worry someone is going to crash and break an ankle.
    I do know how old Iggy is. He's older than my father but a punk god and I loved that he was on AI.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread