+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    But it's not like those kids haven't heard those words a million times before.

And that could be one reason why this younger generation (most...not all) acts the way they do. The mpaa ratings keep getting looser and looser and more and more crap is allowed over the airwaves....tv, movies and radio. Innocence is gone and that's a shame.

I will tell people to watch their mouths in public, especially if kids are around.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    That's it!! A 45 year old televangelist wife! That is exactly what she looks like. Thank you!

You're welcome. I know because my parents watch that stuff.

As for kids and swearing, like I said, I work in a high school. Trust me, I know exactly how they talk and what music they listen to. That doesn't meant that I have to like it, or feel comfortable having children exposed to it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I highly doubt Pia was voted off because of her outfit. Whatever the real reason is it doesn't really matter now. She signed a record deal the day after being voted off.

Report: ‘Idol’ Castoff Pia Toscano Lands Record Deal | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I highly doubt Pia was voted off because of her outfit. Whatever the real reason is it doesn't really matter now. She signed a record deal the day after being voted off.

Report: ‘Idol’ Castoff Pia Toscano Lands Record Deal | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
    It'll be interesting to see what variety of music is on the album. The point about the clothes wasn't that it lost her votes but better clothes choice, like her outfit Thursday might have gotten her more votes. Notice the number of male comments (well at least right notw) on the Access Hollywood article above. She was the eye candy for the guys. The vote right now at that site is 86% feel "America got it wrong voting her off". Still looks like she's doing better with a "vote off" than coming in 2nd or 3rd!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    No one is to blame for Pia's departure. She just didn't inspire enough voters to stay in. It is that simple. There are lots of reasons why a singer fails to get enough votes, not just one.

The publicity her departure is getting is going to help her.

Stephen said he could name 5 top recording artists who had pitch problems so being a good singer is only part of the package of a star. There are other early boots who are a success, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Kelly Pickler to name three. This show is a huge stepping stone for careers no matter where you place.
    Wow I just came on to post the same thing. She didn't get the votes. whoop dee doo and la di dah.

And someone will sign her, she'll do well. But I said it once before, the competition is for a guy to lose.

and Jacob who is one of my favorites but he gigantic foot in his gigantic mouth. Audiences will turn on you for comments like that. (although the producers could have edited out.)

She was signed by Iovine's company. Big surprise.

And it says they're rushing to put out an album. The initial outrage of her elimination might drive people to her first album, but the real test will be long-term. Nobody has ever denied that she has a great voice; what people criticized her for was lack of stage presence. Will Iovine be able to teach her that? Er, based on his current track record I'm not too optimistic. And if she doesn't learn that, then will people pay $50 or more to hear the same-type songs performed by somebody standing in one place, when this season is a distant memory? Only time will tell, but I wouldn't.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Jimmy Iovine has signed or worked with everyone from Bruce Springsteen to U2 to Dr. Dr, Emminem and Lady Gaga. I would say he remains quite relevant, current and successful in a wide range of musical genres. His longevity and success rate are amazing. Can you teach stage presence? No. But you can teach someone to come out of their shell. That may be the issue with Pia, a sense of inhibition rather than a lack of presence.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Sorry. we are pretty far apart on this issue. People vote for the person they like or split the votes among the people they like. I do agree that it did happen that there was a group of people who relied on Simon....
    but I never understood it.
    But who will they vote for first? They may not have time to get to each contestant they like, so they vote for the ones they think are in danger. They rely on the judge's comments for that information- put everyone on a level playing field and who do they vote for?

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I have to respond - Iggy Pop and Pia don't belong in the same sentence, never mind the same TV show. I dunno who booked Iggy but they have a helluva sense of humour. Seriously, though, Iggy is a punk legend - he's had a couple mainstream hits but he's a god in the punk world. The Stooges...well, maybe it's just for music geeks but they are heralded as the godfathers of their genre.

Pia, on the other hand, is a very pretty girl with a nice voice on a reality show. Now I haven't seen much of her singing but she certainly does seem like an ideal total package. For whatever reason, she didn't capture the AI voting public's fancy, but that certainly doesn't mean she has no future in the business. I thought she seemed more talented than the other girls remaining in the competition.
    I have to agree. Iggy being on Idol dinged my WTF radar and I wondered why he's go on such a cheese fest of a show but perhaps he was bored and needed a diversion. I'm sure he made many a punk fan groan out loud - not that many of them would stoop to watching this show - but, man, oh, man, was it ever one of the best things on AI? I could just imagine some of those grannies who vote their fingers to the bone every week for Scotty looking on with indignation and their tweener grandkids shrieking in embarrassment that somebody the age of their grandpa dared to prance around shirtless on the same stage that Gaga will be performing on in a few weeks. Good stuff!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by RealityAlert View Post
    The vote right now at that site is 86% feel "America got it wrong voting her off". Still looks like she's doing better with a "vote off" than coming in 2nd or 3rd!
    I still find it amusing that people say someone was "voted off" of AI. The vote is to keep someone, so what really happens is that someone fails to be voted IN. So people claiming that America got it wrong really do have (as they say) only themselves to blame since nobody can take negative actions via Idol voting, only positive ones...

+ Reply to Thread