+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

No one is to blame for Pia's departure. She just didn't inspire enough voters to stay in. It is that simple. There are lots of reasons why a singer fails to get enough votes, not just one.

The publicity her departure is getting is going to help her.

Stephen said he could name 5 top recording artists who had pitch problems so being a good singer is only part of the package of a star. There are other early boots who are a success, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Kelly Pickler to name three. This show is a huge stepping stone for careers no matter where you place.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    About Lauren - haven't you seen her mama? They look and dress more like sisters than mother/daughter.
    I know. I'm getting really irritated by Lauren's look. She looks almost as phony as those televangelist's wives.

She does need some better fashion advice than from Gwen Stefani....who looks great for Gwen Stefani, but not necessarily a great look for these girls.
    You can say that again. She sure didn't do Haley and Pia any favors.

I don't care what kind of legend Iggy Poop is....the second they have to bleep the lyrics is the second they should be yanked from the stage. And he was bleeped many times. Keep your filthy mouths (Steven Tyler!!) off my tv and off that stage. There were kids in the audience!! Disgusting!

Amen!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    They are the three who have never been in the bottom three.
    Good observation. James appeals to the rocker niche (although he can't hold a candle to Adam Lambert), and Lauren and Scotty divide the country vote. What was it somebody said about the producers grooming Lauren to be the next Carrie? Hmmmm, very interesting...

Paul and Casey may too quirky to overcome that, although Casey's fans will keep him in for a while. Jacob and Stephano will probably be first on the chopping block for the guys. Haley just seems artificial with her growling and stomping. It's been said here ad nauseum, but it's true: no emotional connection.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    You can say that again. She sure didn't do Haley and Pia any favors.

I'm with the group that said Gwen Stefani didn't do Pia any favors. Look at a pic from Wed compared to Thurs. Thurs would "attract the guys in the bars" and enough to get some of them to vote. It doesn't really matter -- it's doubtful she would have been #1 and was going to go sometime. Now she's getting lots of good free PR that will help her more than being 2nd or 3rd.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I know. I'm getting really irritated by Lauren's look. She looks almost as phony as those televangelist's wives.
    That's it!! A 45 year old televangelist wife! That is exactly what she looks like. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    I don't care what kind of legend Iggy Poop is....the second they have to bleep the lyrics is the second they should be yanked from the stage. And he was bleeped many times. Keep your filthy mouths (Steven Tyler!!) off my tv and off that stage. There were kids in the audience!! Disgusting!
    But it's not like those kids haven't heard those words a million times before.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I am not sure I follow you. Why would the voting public need Simon to tell us who is the frontrunner and who was fading? That is the voting public's choice . They would be telling Simon who the frontrunner is. There were people, and may be those are the people you are talking about ,who relied on SImon to tell them their vote.
    Because if they put everyone on an even playing ground, than the voters don't know who to vote for. Most people like more than one contestant, but if all the comments they get from the judges are: "YOU WERE AWESOME OMG BEST EVER OMG I CRIED OMGOMOGM" then they have no direction. They will assume some are safe when they aren't.

But I never got the big deal over Pia anyway. She was a robot on stage by the looks of it. No personality.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Because if they put everyone on an even playing ground, than the voters don't know who to vote for. Most people like more than one contestant,
    Sorry. we are pretty far apart on this issue. People vote for the person they like or split the votes among the people they like. I do agree that it did happen that there was a group of people who relied on Simon....
    but I never understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    But it's not like those kids haven't heard those words a million times before.

And considering song choices I have a feeling Paul and Casey have some Iggy CDs in their collections.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was happy with any of the bottom three going home. I do hope that Jacob learned that his attitude is going to be his downfall. How dare he tell the viewing audience that if they put him in the bottom three it's because they don't want to or can't stand to look at themselves in the mirror. Sorry Jacob but I imagine alot more people other than just me FFd right on past your performance after that little "gem" rolled off your tongue. Pia was boring, always sounding exactly the same. That wouldn't be such a bad thing if she was at least a little exciting but sadly she wasn't. Stephano just isn't as strong as the other guys left so I imagine he will be gone before to much longer too. Maybe then JLo will give him the same type of tongue bath she gave Pia and Stephano will be happy once again.

+ Reply to Thread