+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Wow...will someone please enlighten me as to what the big deal is over Pia getting voted off AI last night? Huh? She's just another mediocre singer who got voted off when her time came (as well she should have), just like any other marginally talented AI contestant over the years.

Since when does screaming and yelling a song and cramming as many runs and fills as you can possibly fit into one song phrase denote incredible singing? All I've seen on TV today is "breaking news" snippets on what an "outrage" it is that America voted off Pia Toscano. Puh-LEASE.

When Pia becomes incredible, wake me up and let me know. As for now, I'm still snoozing from all of her performances that put me to sleep.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Wow...will someone please enlighten me as to what the big deal is over Pia getting voted off AI last night? Huh? She's just another mediocre singer who got voted off when her time came (as well she should have), just like any of the other marginally talented AI contestant over the years.

Since when does screaming and yelling a song and cramming as many runs and fills as you can possibly fit into one song phrase denote incredible singing? All I've seen on TV today is "breaking news" snippets on what an "outrage" it is that America voted off Pia Toscano. Puh-LEASE.

When Pia becomes incredible, wake me up and let me know. As for now, I'm still snoozing from all of her performances that put me to sleep.
    I haven't seen this much hoopla since Ruben beat Clay!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBoyDario View Post
    Whether he wins or not, Scotty is going to pull a Carrie Underwood and explode onto the country music scene.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL View Post
    Yup.
    I keep saying that too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    The judges definitely ticked me off tonight...who do they think they are...dont they realize that somebody has to go every week? If they didn't want this to happen they shouldn't have given the wildcard to a cutie like Stefano (who, lets be honest, is pretty weak as a singer..but going to get some gal votes) and give honest critiques. They practically cream themselves over every performer so how are we to know that they believe Contestant X is the better artist? Instead how about:

1. telling Jacob he is being cocky and rude when he says things like "if im in the bottom three it wont be because of my singing..."
    2. how about telling Pia "youre BORING"
    3. perhaps mentioning to Casey that he needs to be a musician and stop the crap before you are forced to use the save (oooppsss)
    4. how about saying "yo, stefano, stop trying to take on these big songs that you cant handle"
    5. "yo, Paul, when youre singing a song about murdering someone its NOT funny...and could you sing louder or something because we can't hear you!"

In general, tell the contestants when they sound like crap or do stupid things instead of gushing "oh I love you, you just do it every week!" (thats a useful comment...these judges actually get paid for that mush? At least monkeys could exit or eat bananas to show they were bored..and they can clap.)

Ok, Rant off!
    Uhm...HILARIOUS!!! And true!

Uhm...HILARIOUS!!! And true!
    We have seen in past seasons how a bit of criticism could really throw votes someone's way. If everyone is always spectacular, why vote to give them another week? You get lulled into a sense of security. Why vote? So and so is fantastic... so and so will win..... Criticism can make someone try harder and make people vote to spite the criticism.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post

This just shows you how much Simon directed AI in prior years -- love him or hate him, his comments/critiques decided who left.

!
    Except that I do recall that Simon was basically calling in favors from other artists (Bono) and PERSONALLY coaching one Adam Lambert a couple of years ago. basically insisting that Adam was the best thing since sliced bread - yet he didn't win.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I know some people have been putting him down, I was more shocked Iggy, the Iggy, would be on a cheesefest like AI (and I watch it religiously) but he is a legend in the punk rock world. If you look at some of the songs he has written for himself and for others... its pretty amazing.
    Didn't he perform on AI last year? I saw him do a very similar performance a year or so ago on something, and I was thinking it was IDOL

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I haven't seen this much hoopla since Ruben beat Clay!
    For me, that would be when Daughtry got voted off. However, I'm glad he was since it just made him more successful.

Random, swirling thoughts:

--is anybody else NOT looking forward to JLo's histrionics in the next few weeks? My stars, if she had a meltdown this week for a boring singer like Pia, then what the heck will she do when Casey, Paul, and especially Stephano get the boot? If she does, then it's going to sound awfully phony after turning on the waterworks when Stephano didn't get the boot.

--speaking of which, I was totally turned off by the judges' reactions last night. It's ok to be emotional; I remember Paula crying when Constantine was eliminated. However, I never remember Paula saying such negative things about the voting public. I agree that if they loved Pia so much, then they should have used the save on her--and I'm a devoted Casey fan. For Pete's sake, this is a competition. Somebody has to get voted off every week. If they're that good, they'll do well, anyway.

--I'm really sorry that Pia felt so badly. I have no ill will towards her. Actually, I hope the Carrie thing will happen for her: that somebody will start helping her improve her stage persona to go with her voice. I couldn't agree more that all this schmoozing by the judges did her absolutely no favors the past few weeks. She needed to have somebody tell her all the things that we've been saying here.

--Having said that, I'm not sorry that she left. Before the results show began, I mentally reviewed the contestants and what they sang. Pia was the only one whose performance I barely remembered. I just vaguely remembered that she sang something uptempo and ran around. I couldn't remember the song or the artist for the life of me. That pretty much summed up her performances for me for the past few weeks.

I predict that Haley, Lauren, Stephano, and Jacob will get the boot next. I think the girls will go first, but it won't surprise me if one of those two guys gets eliminated first.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Except that I do recall that Simon was basically calling in favors from other artists (Bono) and PERSONALLY coaching one Adam Lambert a couple of years ago. basically insisting that Adam was the best thing since sliced bread - yet he didn't win.

And he's been far more sucessful than the winner. I've counted twice now that Adam has been asked to come back and perform on Idol. And Kris has gotten--what? A shout out from Ryan?

I died laughing over what somebody said in the Lambert thread. "I'm sure Adam would have loved that AI trophy--as a decoration for his bathroom."
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread