+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover View Post
    I blame Pia's leaving on the judges. Every week they fawn over these kids as if they are the cream of the crop. Maybe they think if they tell us enough, we will believe it. They pump these kids up every week with"Oh that was so wonderful" but the judges do not give any constructive criticism. These kids have not grown as singers or performers. **They need Simon**

How could they be shocked and horrified at Pia leaving (which they certainly appeared to be) when they keep telling all the contestants that they are wonderful.
    When did the judges ever give constructive criticism? I actually hear more helpful advice this season, Usually from Jennifer Lopez. Yes, there's a lot of you were wonderful, but there's also, you should do this, this, or this.

Is it really better if the judge's don't cloud our judgement with their criticism? Isn't it better to let the viewers decide than trying to lead our votes for their chosen one?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    When did the judges ever give constructive criticism? I actually hear more helpful advice this season, Usually from Jennifer Lopez. Yes, there's a lot of you were wonderful, but there's also, you should do this, this, or this.

Is it really better if the judge's don't cloud our judgement with their criticism? Isn't it better to let the viewers decide than trying to lead our votes for their chosen one?
    I feel the same way, but still feel that they could give even more helpful comments. I don't want to hear the judges just bashing the contestants. Didn't like that whole thing, but do think the constructive side of things could happen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    Let's see how many people pay to see someone in concert who has a good voice and nothing else.

I woudn't. That's why I loved Paul so much. He didn't have the greatest voice, but he entertained me the most.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fanatic

I wonder why people go to see Fantasia? She can't sing or entertain either and she certainly is not as easy to look at as Pia.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I wonder why people go to see Fantasia? She can't sing or entertain either and she certainly is not as easy to look at as Pia.
    Depends on what you like to listen to / look at.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fanatic

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    Check out the thread from Fantasia's performance night on the results show. We hashed out her pros and cons pretty thoroughly there.

Pia is very beautiful and I'd love to see her do a hair commercial.
    --
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    Winning Idol has become a curse. Most winners become national anthem singers.

My guess is voters were convinced she was safe so they put their votes elsewhere. This has happened before on shows like DWTS that had shock exits.

She has a bright future, but I still feel for her. She was absolutely gutted. You could really feel how she felt as she realized her dreams had just been shattered and there was nothing she could do to change it. :-(

I still say she has the purest voice of any contestant in Idol history.
    It's true - Pia did have a great singing voice. So do many, many others who walk through the doors to compete, as well as many who don't. I saw no personality, nothing to connect with, so I wasn't surprised, nor was I saddened by her exit.

As far as her being gutted and realizing her dreams had been shattered, I believe that, because all of her footage makes it appear as though she has been nothing other than to be the winner of American Idol since she was in preschool, which, to me, is just sad. And she's clearly ONLY a singer, not a musician.

Come on, people - quit grooming your kids for stardom! (Remember Allison Ireheta?) Let them develop personalities and help them develop real life goals! AI is TV and for most who participate, it's fame is fleeting.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    Well that gave me a good laugh. Judges need to look in the mirror on this. Casey is a good artist & musician but doesn't have what it takes vocally on idol, they shouldn't have wasted that save on him that early if they liked Pia so much. It was obvious she was gonna be voted out before Top 5 unless she picked better songs & gave a lil' bit of a performance.

As far as Pia being gone, no big lost. There have been a lot of good singers with problems connecting to the audiance, but she was the worst of them.
    I don't believe the save was wasted on Casey and I'm really really glad they didn't have it to bring Pia back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Ouch! Remind me never to get on your bad side.

And I agree that it was painfully obvious she would get eliminated very soon. She never would have made it beyond the Top 5. I will be very surprised if Haley or Lauren do, either.
    I think Lauren will. And I think Haley is ridiculously talented, but won't be surprised it she doesn't make Top 5.

+ Reply to Thread