+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

She didn't give me a sense of connecting with the words during her ballads...there was just no emotion and she always looked uncomfortable . Somebody mentioned Streisand earlier and her oddities in singing, but Babs always connected to her song and looked comfortable while doing it.

I think the R&R night was the end for Pia primarily because her time was up. If you chip away at the lower ranking vote getters and send them home, everybody's time will come at some point. We had no sense that she had an enormous fan base. The secondary reason why this was her night to go may be that while she did an upbeat song, she still looked uncomfortable. She is a singer....not a performer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Exactly.

This just shows you how much Simon directed AI in prior years -- love him or hate him, his comments/critiques decided who left.
    I do agree with you in part as there were too many people who relied on Simon to tell them for whom to vote. Many of them were here when the announcement of Simon's moving on was made and they swore they would not watch the show again because Simon was the show for them. I guess the show was actually BRITISH JUDGE and not AMERICAN IDOL for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I do agree with you in part as there were too many people who relied on Simon to tell them for whom to vote..
    I don't think Simon had that power to direct votes. If he had, Sanjaya (and Clay for that matter) would never have gotten as far as they did.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I personally don't buy into the voting blocks, cougars, tweens, etc, as a whole. The guys are just out singing and out performing the girls this year. If all this competition comes down to is if you are a cute guy, then please explain how the heck Stefano was in the bottom three? And why wasn't the bottom three all the girls if they are so doomed?

I think the voters have gotten it exactly right so far. Pia was by far the most boring of the contestants. Even Jacob (whom I don't like at all) was able to pull off a pretty decent performance this week. You can't just stand up on a stage and sing and expect to sell tickets. American Idol is about having the whole package, and Pia just didn't have "IT".

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Every year we hear cries of rigging. That doesn't happen either, for the reason pillbeam gave previously (post #191) AND because production wants who the public wants. It is about the winner being a success because the franchaise has a steak in the outcome.
    I remember reading a quote from one of the Nigels a few years back (before Lythgoe left but I don't remember which one said it) that they don't need to rig the results because America creates enough drama with them all by itself.

FORT Fogey

The girl was a complete snooze fest. Glad she's gone.

-Sorry. I'm in a cranky mood.

####

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I personally don't buy into the voting blocks, cougars, tweens, etc, as a whole. The guys are just out singing and out performing the girls this year.
    The thing about teeny bopper girls is that they like girls as much as they do boys - note all the famous femail Diseny stars, e.g. Hannah Montana, etc. Plus, look at how many female victors there have been to-date. Kelly C, Fantasia, Jordin, Carrie U. etc.

If the female contestants bring it, the teeny boppers will vote for them just as much as they do the boys.
    Last edited by Jexter; 04-08-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Do you think there is any chance the show will come forward and say that there was a voting malfuncition with their equipment and throw out those results?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do you think there is any chance the show will come forward and say that there was a voting malfuncition with their equipment and throw out those results?
    Only if they announced that Iggy Pop got the most votes retroactively.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Interesting story on the comcast homepage regarding after the cameras stopped rolling last night. I guess, Pia really broke down and had to be helped off the stage ---one of the men was the doctor who must be on site...the one that helped Casey.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I don't think Simon had that power to direct votes. If he had, Sanjaya (and Clay for that matter) would never have gotten as far as they did.
    ---
    I agree. And I miss Simon. He added a much needed perspective.

+ Reply to Thread