+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Pia did not deserve to go home. I was hoping they would send the overly dramatic Jacob home.

Quote Originally Posted by perennialprince View Post
    I thought Pia would go much farther than she did, I believe she was the Vegas oddsmakers favorite to win. Although she may not have had a lot of stage presence, neither did Carrie Underwood this early in the game and look at her now. But, her voice was unbelievable. I think Pia's voice is incredible. With maturity, training, she could be a heck of a performer. Sorry to see her go before a few that are way less talented than she is . . . .
    Exactly! Carrie did not have stage presence the entire competition. She had the voice but not really the performance. However, look at her now! I could not believe it when I saw her perform once she was off the show. I think she was kinda shy and self conscious on stage. However, she is amazing now. That is big from a Bo Bice supporter.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Pia was to dancing during her AI performances, what Wendy Williams was to dancing on DWTS - too timid.
    You're so right, two statues!

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Pia did not deserve to go home. I was hoping they would send the overly dramatic Jacob home.
    That's how I feel. To me, Pia didn't usually "connect" with her songs, but she was technically very, very good. I think she and Scotty were/are the best technical singers in the whole competition. I didn't mind Jacob at first, but his act has run thin, big time. He's just plain annoying now, and the screeching and wailing is awful. Was really hoping he was the shocking boot. Hopefully next week, but I would guess Stefano goes bye bye first, and maybe Paul or Haley too.

At this point, I would guess it'll be James and Scotty in the finale. But I am biased-- Scotty's my favorite this year, and I'm not even a real country music fan. He's just great!

Winning Idol has become a curse. Most winners become national anthem singers.

My guess is voters were convinced she was safe so they put their votes elsewhere. This has happened before on shows like DWTS that had shock exits.

She has a bright future, but I still feel for her. She was absolutely gutted. You could really feel how she felt as she realized her dreams had just been shattered and there was nothing she could do to change it. :-(

I still say she has the purest voice of any contestant in Idol history.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Disagree.

Pia's voice wasn't THAT great, she had no personality, and she didn't connect with the audience and/or songs at all. She felt like she was just rehashing the same songs over and over again, what with the endless ballads.

Now, take the opposite of all that above and you have Jacob.

(Though she was good looking)

FORT Newbie

Watching Pia sing was like watching grass grow! Yawn.............

In the thread for last week's results show, we talked about how the contestants are not getting constructive criticism from the judges, and how they would handle it in the real world, assuming they have a musical career after this? The thought occurred to me, what will Pia think when she gets back home and finds she wasn't as popular as the judges made her out to be?

I say this because in another thread somebody posted a link to an interview with Thia and Naima. It wasn't fair, they said. Their voting demographic is older and so doesn't know how to vote by text. The guys have all the young girl votes.

Now, I certainly think there's a grain of truth to that. However, I also think it's very much true that the guys are far more talented this season. I just don't think that's very good if you can't acknowledge your shortcomings to yourself. Thia had a lovely voice but was too inexperienced and, like Pia, lacked stage presence. I know some people disagree, but I found Naima's whole act off-putting. Silly accent, atrocious dancing, etc. If you can't admit that you bear some responsibility for your problems then, as I said, that's not good.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I don't think Pia's fan base assumed everyone else was voting for her by default, rather, I think the viewers / listeners just stopped caring about her once they realized she was giving the same performance every week. And the fact that she sang an uptempo song last night didn't make one iota of difference. She sounded the same last night as she's sounded when singing ballads. Not good for someone attempting to make a career out of singing.

Pretty face. Pretty voice. Pretty Boring.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

It was obvious she was gonna be voted out before Top 5 unless she picked better songs & gave a lil' bit of a performance.
    It was? Not to me. I thought Haley, Stefano, and (God willing) Paul would go before Pia. I'll say one thing for Pia--she seemed like she was really trying to break out of her comfort zone.

This all gets me to thinking, why do they even have these three judges at all, once the season starts? I mean, consider this:
    1. They have not given sufficient criticism to the contestants (and when they did, it's more a case of too little too late), which I think has made a few contestants complacent and even a tad delusional about their performances and abilities.
    2. They haven't tried to educate or influence the voters like I think Simon sometimes did, and which occasionally can be a good thing.
    3. They don't get to vote (except for the one save).
    The judges could be totally off the show, and I don't think it would change the results from week to week.

Yawn of a season...

+ Reply to Thread