+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 4/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    LOL! Is she really? I guess I can't blame but she really has no one to blame but herself. She kept promising to switch it up and she never did.

Amen! AI is so much more than just a singing competition. She just didn't have the charisma or the stage presence to connect with voters.
    Indeed. I've been wondering how Simon would have critiqued her had he still been on the show. I'm sure he would have been entranced by her good looks, but would have wasted no time in telling her she didn't have the all-important "it" factor.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Looks like another guy win this year.
    Yup and I will be saving money on Itunes. I love her voice. Does she need work on stage presence? Yeah, but I'll take a voice like hers over flashy performance every time.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I bet the judges are kicking themselves for using the one save for the season.
    I am so glad they used it already. Casey deserved it far more than she did, which he proved last night.

And amen to Bee's comment. Why is this a national incident? The only people who thought she was great were the judges. (Wonder if the audience was prompted?)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Holy crap, JLo is quite a drama queen. Relax, Jenny. Jennifer Hudson was an early boot, too. If this Pia is that good, she'll be fine. Cream rising to the top and all that.
    I hope that once Stefano gets booted, JLo can be more impartial in her critiques. She was quite irritating re: Pia & Stefano.

I'm shocked! Not yet at least. And unrelated--she does look real good in black. Can't dance though which is always odd to see in a lady. Most can do the bare minimum to get by. Maybe its a tv self-conscious thing.

Well that gave me a good laugh. Judges need to look in the mirror on this. Casey is a good artist & musician but doesn't have what it takes vocally on idol, they shouldn't have wasted that save on him that early if they liked Pia so much. It was obvious she was gonna be voted out before Top 5 unless she picked better songs & gave a lil' bit of a performance.

As far as Pia being gone, no big lost. There have been a lot of good singers with problems connecting to the audiance, but she was the worst of them.

I thought Pia would go much farther than she did, I believe she was the Vegas oddsmakers favorite to win. Although she may not have had a lot of stage presence, neither did Carrie Underwood this early in the game and look at her now. But, her voice was unbelievable. I think Pia's voice is incredible. With maturity, training, she could be a heck of a performer. Sorry to see her go before a few that are way less talented than she is . . . .
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Haley and Lauren up next. I can't make up my mind who should go first. I find Lauren's personality irritating and Haley's singing doesn't really grab me.

After that (barring a shock elimination first), I predict that Jacob or Stephano will go first for the guys. I would rather it be Stephano. After those two leave the real fun will begin...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Was Jeff Beck supposed to appear? I'm guessing the AI audience wouldn't have the first clue who he is, either.
    I WOULD, I WOULD!!
    Last edited by gatrmom; 04-07-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paleramon View Post
    I'm shocked! Not yet at least. And unrelated--she does look real good in black. Can't dance though which is always odd to see in a lady. Most can do the bare minimum to get by. Maybe its a tv self-conscious thing.

Pia was to dancing during her AI performances, what Wendy Williams was to dancing on DWTS - too timid.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread