+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Tonight is the first time I've ever enjoyed Jacob's singing. I applaud his choice to sing a song that he's comfortable with idealogically. Cool reveal that his back-up singer wrote the song!
    See that didn't make sense to me. Why would he object to singing a sexy song and then sings a different song complete with over the top sexual hip thrusting? Smells a bit of being a hypocrite.

I think the song choice would have been taken better if he hadn't made the arrogant comment and then gyrated all over the place. Or maybe I'm just remembering other Idols doing this song so much better. They really need to give these kids some new songs because after so many seasons, it's really hard not to compare them.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

So glad Jacob did not sing "Let's Get it On". The ick factor would have been way too high. Man in the Mirror was ok, I didn't hate it as much as usual.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

This is the first time I have liked Haley - great job!

"It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm from Cheers

Well at least Haley looks pretty. Steven is NOT liking this, did you see the stink face he was giving her? Now will be honest and tell her how bad this is? But hey on a positive note, I can actually understand her this week. Ick, what was that screeching growling note on the end?

However, as bad as this was it was actually better than most of the other things she's done so far.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

My throat hurt just listening to her!
    Count your blessings!

Huh...didn't love Haley singing Piece of My Heart, but it wasn't awful. It's just darn hard to compare to Janis.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I don't know about that performance by Haley.... way too growly for me......she is going to have a sore throat tomorrow!

I once saw Melissa Etheridge do Piece of My Heart. That was all kinds of awesome. Haley is doing ok with it. It is a song in her zone.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Haley reminds me of those cars that rattle like a bunch of tuna cans when they call themselves "thumping their bass". It's just not there, for me. Thin and tinny.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-06-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My throat hurt just listening to her!

...as does mine. Any good vocal coach would tell her to dial that back a bit. She's going to ruin any pipes she has left if she makes that a habit over the long term.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread