+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 4/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    The one I worry about for votes is James. His performance was good, just not the standout that we usually get, so he may be overlooked during the voting. Hopefully his fans will still be determined to vote a lot and keep him alive in this. I usually enjoy James a lot!
    I worry about James tonight too - I agree he may not have stood out enough (in the middle, ballad song, and all). I would be sad to lose him over some of the others. I made sure to vote online my full 50 times, just in case others get complacent. He is a sentimental and style favorite for me.

PS to Navybelle - Superbowl Champs!

Jacob - I had really given up on ever liking Jacob once Ai got out of auditions….
    my feelings kinda went down hill…but I actually like him tonight.

Haley - I've always liked that quality in her voice that was similar to Janis, but was beginning to think she would not be able to pull it off in competition until last week. And again I liked her tonight. Yes, I think she was concentrating more on the voice rather than the interpretation…but really what singer her age is going to pull off a performance truly comparable to Janis or Melissa? Thought she did a really good job.

Casey omg - Casey is behind the bass again - the way I love him most! I was getting so worried this Casey would not return. Got a taste last week and yes to this week!! ;D

Lauren - she did a an ok job, but another song choice would have been so much better. Fortunately for her I think there are now AI viewers who did not hear Kelly's version of this.

James - Good choice and I really enjoyed it…but I wish he had taken a page from Adam Lambert's playbook and left the scream off (ie Adam's The Tracks of My Tears) it was out of place with the beautiful mood he had set throughout. It is not necessary to have the scream in every single song.

Scotty - did a great job…altho I have to admit I liked it even better once I closed my eyes. amazing voice.

Pia - I think Jennifer said it best - exactly how I felt - great pipes and sang amazing…but really lacks in the performance area completely. But then I remember Carrie Underwood did too and always stayed center stage with little movement and she learned after Idol how to move around the stage and play to the audience, so there may be hope yet. Altho Carrie also had real connection to the emotion of the songs and Pia just does not. It would be a shame for that great voice to go to waste because she can't connect to the song or perform.

Stefano - awww..I felt sorry for him tonight…the others are doing so well tonight and he is just out of his league…altho I thought he was better than last week when I put him in bottom 3, I still think he will definitely be in bottom 3 tonight.

Paul - hahaha..Paul really pulled it off tonight! I was worried after last week he would be on brink of going home this week…he lost a lot of fans last week…hope he did well enough to get them back.

Bottom 3: Stefano, Jacob and Lauren (or possibly Paul I'm afraid). Stefano to go home. I'm just hoping Casey is not in bottom 3 again. I really like him and he does not need bottom 3 after such a great performance tonight.

I felt vindicated this week in my choices of Haley and Casey when Adam Lambert in an interview this weekend picked them as his favorites and gave them high props, along with Pia for her voice of course..
    Last edited by JenCos; 04-06-2011 at 11:44 PM.

FORT Fan

JenCos - you might be my twin music sister. ITA with so many of these points - especially your comments on Haley, Pia, Paul, Stefano.

Okay, first time I actually liked Pia was tonight ... usually I cannot connect with her at all. Still, she lacks something more than just performance skills ... like those upthread, Carrie Underwood lacked performance skills, but she never bored me.

I think Pia lacks soul. Her voice has some soul in it, but it does not emanate from her body. If that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Tonight is the first time I've ever enjoyed Jacob's singing. I applaud his choice to sing a song that he's comfortable with idealogically. Cool reveal that his back-up singer wrote the song!
    Same here. Although I still think he was the worst of the night, but nobody was bad tonight. Everyone was actually pretty good and I thought they chose perfect songs for themselves. Still not loving Jacob, but this is the first time I've actually heard him sing in key.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

What was up with Paul's song choice. I think Paul had great stage presence tonight and got the crowd going. However, Folsom Prison Blues was not the song for him and his voice. It did not translate well through my television screen and I think he will be going home. I see the bottom three as Lauren who will be first safe, then Stefano and we will be saying goodbye to Paul.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm not sure what was wrong with me tonight but I didn't hear/see what y'all are typing. None of these kids impressed me at all. I sat there and yes, there were people performing on the stage, singing songs I knew but didn't get much out of it at all. I liked James tonight but it was just nice. My ex-bf sings an awesome Have You Ever Seen The Rain so I compared Casey's version to his and the ex sang it much, much better.

Most of these kids are pretty good but I'm still patiently waiting for a Cook/Daughtry/Lambert moment. Where I hear the song, watch/listen to it over and over and over again. This year I have only listened to Maybe I'm Amazed and Maggie May more than once but less than 10. Meh, maybe my expectations are too high.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Idol Fan

I think the toughest thing about this year is the chasm between the best vocals and the popularity and performance and heart and soul of the singers, to a large extent.

I know Pia has amazing vocals, but she just surprises me when I never once feel her at all. It's as if she's lacking a special soul and heart and X factor that does emanate from the core, within the body and you just can't feel it. At least, that's how it is for me, so she's never had my vote.

I'm surprised Paul went over so well, here, as I thought it was absolutely terrible and a bad mistake for him to choose that song.

Hayley is the one I'm most longing to see go! To watch her smile over that song was so incongruous as to be shocking. She is another one, the worst, in fact, imo, who lacks all signs and emotions of having a soul and real genuineness and heart in everything she does. It's like watching an obnoxious pagaent competitor for me. UGH. And to have her damage Janis like that?! Spare me!

I'm surprised more people didn't go for Lauren tonight, at least here at the forum. To me, this was her absolute best. Tonight was amazing in feeling real, mature soul and heart from her in a song she did justice to - and that was the real surprise for me. She did it beautifully, and I felt it!

James, who I've always liked, could be in danger tonight; but I really hope not! The risk he took on a night dedicated to rock and making himself so vulnerable and emotional was beautiful. While it's true I don't feel he equaled Lambert or The Beatles in this number, it was still lovely. I really hope he gets the votes to stay.

As for Scotty, this was the first time I really loved listening to him. However, I believe his watching him was utterly nauseating, unless you're a preteen. Loved hearing it, though.

Casey went back to his best and strongest success - playing the big bass and actually singing really melodically. While I don't like him; I loved his performance tonight.

Which brings me, last but not least, to Jacob. He is my favorite and his amazing vocals, honesty, sincerity, and smoothed out performance were fantastic. I'm so sorry so many people never came to love him. I believe what he had to say was merely a reflection of how intently and passionately he was caught up in what the song meant to him and nothing negative. He deserves to be in the Final Two, or Three, at least. He can really, really sing and really improved and toned down and restrained himself and eliminated the melodramatics tonight! Well-done! Hope his votes reflect that and keep him safe.

As for Stefano, I always enjoy him. I didn't like how high and quiet he started out, but then he threw himself into it and really connected with the emotion of the song. Although it wasn't my favorite of his, I want him staying.

First, let's please get rid of Hayley and Paul. Those are the two I'd put in the bottom tonight. The third and safe spot is open. Hayley is longer overdue for going home, for me, and I hope she finally does already!

As a Pia fan, it's frustrating to read all of these comments about how she lacks this and she lacks that. I respect everyone's comments here, but it's only natural to feel this way about a contestant you like, right?

I just feel like she's unable to please everyone no matter what she does. Everyone (including myself) has been dying to see her change it up and go uptempo. She did it this week, and I came here thinking that people would be pleased about that. But now other problems have arisen. She lacks soul. She lacks connection between her and her songs. She lacks something. In response to the connection problem: how can we even determine how a contestant personally connects with their songs? In response to not being a performer: performance is one thing, but completely balls out is another. What does she have to do, do the worm on stage? It's not as if Kelly and Carrie moved around all that much when they were on the show. In the end, it's all just a matter of opinion, and I'll be the first one to admit that with my biased view of her. But I can't help but wonder.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I loved James tonight. Loved the song choice, loved his performance. Just wow at the emotion in it. I actually could stand Jacob tonight - whodathunkit?? Not my favorite but at least I didn't feel the need to FF through it. Scotty was crazy good. I really enjoyed his performance. Casey was another stand out for me tonight as well. The rest were good. Was a good night overall for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread