+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3/31 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/31 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    WOW! Lauren and Scotty sounded really nice together.
    My mom told me as we listened, "It's ironic, because just last night I was thinking how lovely they would sound together." Theirs was the best of the group tonight.

What was up with JLo's hair? When she looked down at the table, it looked as if her head were exploding.

Ok, help me here, people. I didn't watch Season 3, so could somebody please explain to me how Fantasia won? That was just horrible. Did she sound like that during her season? Did she really go for a whole season sounding like she just sucked on a helium balloon? I couldn't understand what she was singing until near the end, and then I couldn't believe it. Did she really compare her lover to "cornbread and collard greens"? Oh...my...gosh...I am SO not getting her appeal here. BTW, thanks for clarifying about her movie role. I've seen pictures of her before and was wondering what the heck happened to her weight.

I didn't even bother to watch that fiasco/circus act that was the second performance. (Thank you, Lord, for DVR.) That's pretty darn sad when the amateurs, i.e. Scotty and Lauren, sound better than the professionals.

Glad Paul was safe. I've been disappointed in him lately, but I still like him.

Absolutely no surprises with the eliminations. Thia sounded lovely but bored me to tears. Naima was atrocious last night and has not been that great of a singer. I agree with whoever said that she was selected for style, not singing ability.
    Last edited by Babbred; 03-31-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I watched but couldn't hear the whole show tonight....will re-watch later.
    Did Ryan mention what next week's theme is or who the guests will be on results night?

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

The people got it right this week. All three of those deserved to be the bottom three. I like Paul, but he'd better step it up. He has what it takes to make it big, but needs to sing the right songs.

There are certain people that have truly outgrown their days on Idol. Carrie, Kelly, Daughtry for example. Then there are others that Idol has left behind...Fantasia fits that description, she is a disaster that they keep bringing back to torture us with year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Ok, help me here, people. I didn't watch Season 3, so could somebody please explain to me how Fantasia won? .
    Well, it was very different Idol audience back then than what we have now. If I had my way, it would have been Diana Degarmo and Latoya London in the Final 2 battling for the title, but I didn't get my way.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Haley, Thia, and Pia singing together now.

What the hell? Singing the lyrics, "let's go all the way tonight"? Isn't Thia a little young for them to have her singing that? Okay, listening to more lyrics and really wondering about the judgement of why that song was picked for these girls.
    Thank you! As I was listening to them sing it, I was thinking the exact same thing. They make a big deal about Thia being the youngest ever contestant at 15 and then they have her sing a song about going all the way?

I also thought it was weird that Haley started out singing solo and then Pia got her solo and Thia got....nothing. Not even one word solo. She wasn't my favorite so it wasn't a big deal for me, but I just found it odd.

FORT Newbie

LOVED Fanny on the show tonight!!! Her style of music is for true R&B/Gospel lovers.

Not a fan of country music and, as such, I find Scotty a bore. He sounds the same on every song. Couldn't imagine sitting through a concert of his.

I was excited about Lauren during the auditions and Hollywood week, but she hasn't lived up to what I expected out of her. Don't find her exciting on stage, at all. She needs a few more years to mature before she's ready.

Don't get the appeal of Paul...his dancing is very distracting and weird. I must say I enjoyed him yesterday, though. Are his teeth bleached? Seriously, the whiteness is downright freaky.

Love Casey, although not so much in the past couple weeks. He went back to his old self yesterday. So glad the judges kept him.

Love me some Haley, too. I enjoy the raspy/bluesy tone of her voice. She's a sassy/sexy little singer!

James....Ugh..I have mixed feelings about James. Sometimes, I like him; sometimes I don't. He screams entirely too much and on parts of the song that doesn't call for it. I also find him to be a bit too unpredictable in his actions and/or words, so I'm always anxious when he speaks.

Stefano..Decent singer, but don't care for him. Very unmemorable.

Jacob...Love Jacob, but sometimes his tendency to bring out the drama queen can be a bit over the top. When he's in the groove, though, he's so good. He was enjoying himself some Fanny tonight!

Pia...Great singer, but zero stage presence. I'll take a great performer over a great singer any day.

Won't miss Thia (terrible bore) or Naima (too inconsistent).

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

I must be one of Paul's three fans remaining on FORT...not looking good for him tonight.
    I'm one! I love his sound. Don't think he's been choosing the best songs for his voice, but I do love his voice.

Fantasia....YUCK. I can't stand to hear her sing or speak. Yikes!

So glad Naima went home. I wish Jacob had gone with her. Those are the only two left in the competition that I absolutely can't stand to listen to. I still haven't heard Jacob sing a complete song in tune.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

ROFL on Lauren falling down the stairs on her butt! That was hilarious especially when she said not to show that on TV. She couldn't even show her face. But they showed it anyway! Cruel producers!

Oh well....having been in the bottom 2 last week gave Stefano a boost of not getting eliminated this week. That made Paul land the bottom 3. So naturally Naima and Thia were the boot. Casey fans are now on their toes so they are not going to relax from hereon. It's only a matter of time for Haley.

+ Reply to Thread