+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 141

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #131
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,780

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    ITA, TeacherLady!

  2. #132
    Think Spring Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    17,978

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Nigel was on Ellen yesterday and, while he agrees with the save, he fears that two terrific singers will go this week with the double elimination. He also said that he gets the vote results as soon as they are compiled and knew it would be a rough night - thus the Ryan script about not tuning out until the show is over. Looks like we should take out clues early from the Ryan script. Anyway, He wouldn't comment on who might make it to the end because he does have the voting trend at his fingertips, but Ellen put James, Stefano (I know) Casey and Pia. He asked what about...Scotty, the country boy, and she said he is in too narrow a niche, but maybe. He asked what about Lauren Alaina, and she wasn't enthusiastic then commented that the girls in the audience needed to vote for girls, not only the boys. That's probably her take on why girls (at least two years in a row) are leaving faster than the boys.

    Good interview and probably up at her website.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  3. #133
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,800

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Nigel was on Ellen yesterday and, while he agrees with the save, he fears that two terrific singers will go this week with the double elimination. He also said that he gets the vote results as soon as they are compiled and knew it would be a rough night - thus the Ryan script about not tuning out until the show is over. Looks like we should take out clues early from the Ryan script. Anyway, He wouldn't comment on who might make it to the end because he does have the voting trend at his fingertips, but Ellen put James, Stefano (I know) Casey and Pia. He asked what about...Scotty, the country boy, and she said he is in too narrow a niche, but maybe. He asked what about Lauren Alaina, and she wasn't enthusiastic then commented that the girls in the audience needed to vote for girls, not only the boys. That's probably her take on why girls (at least two years in a row) are leaving faster than the boys.

    Good interview and probably up at her website.
    If you follow Nigel on Twitter, you can often get quite a bit of "intel" from his tweets. He's not all that good at keeping things to himself. Doesn't spill the beans, of course, but let's on quite a bit

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  4. #134
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,284

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He asked what about Lauren Alaina, and she wasn't enthusiastic then commented that the girls in the audience needed to vote for girls, not only the boys. That's probably her take on why girls (at least two years in a row) are leaving faster than the boys.
    I disagree with this comment, because I think people should be free to vote for who they like best. Obviously, girls do vote for girls, or were there more guys voting the season's that Kelly, Carrie, Fantasia, and (never can remember her name) won? There have also been a number of girls make it to runner up or third place. As a female, I will not vote for a female just because of that. Last season I voted for Crystal, and there have been others as well. I just don't in general happen to like higher voices (male or female). Otherwise, my likes / dislikes have nothing whatsoever to do with gender.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  5. #135
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,780

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    If you follow Nigel on Twitter, you can often get quite a bit of "intel" from his tweets. He's not all that good at keeping things to himself. Doesn't spill the beans, of course, but let's on quite a bit
    I don't tweet or twitter or whatever, so I would like for someone to please post what Nigel says in his "tweets." I agree that it would be interesting just to see what he has to say.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  6. #136
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,113

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    I started in late this season, so I missed all the initial stuff that Casey and / or Paul had done that gained them a following. In the past couple of weeks, I've felt like I was watching some not bad singers, but nobody who actually I would deem memorable.
    I saw a segment on 60 Minutes this Sunday where they showed some kids training to get into a Gospel class. Some of them were quite young. Just about all had great voices, though. And, they were all shown acapella. They were really good.
    I think this season is showing overproduced type numbers where the contestants are drowned out by back up singers much better than they are.
    The saddest is that no one really has that indefinable thing called "star power" that mesmerizes the viewer. This season is just becoming a karaoke contest for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  7. #137
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I think a change was needed because the show had become quite boring. This season has been enjoyable and I consider myself a Simon fan. They must be doing something right because the ratings have been approving to my knowledge.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  8. #138
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,055

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    They do need critiques, however, Simon telling someone it was "dreadful" is not constructive and he rarely followed those type comments up with anything that would actually help the contestants make needed adjustments. He was just harsh for ratings sake and, I suspect, because he just tends towards nasty and arrogant all the time.

    I strongly disagree, plus On Jimmy Kimmel they have Tyler leer of the week.Just sayin

  9. #139
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,055

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I think a change was needed because the show had become quite boring. This season has been enjoyable and I consider myself a Simon fan. They must be doing something right because the ratings have been approving to my knowledge.
    They dropped when DWTS came on. Not sure why, I think thats why Pia was tossed, and she left with no constructive criticism imnsho

  10. #140
    FORT Fanatic Babycakee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    In his Dreams ♥
    Posts
    543

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They dropped when DWTS came on. Not sure why, I think thats why Pia was tossed, and she left with no constructive criticism imnsho
    But she was given advice.... there was nothing wrong with her voice to criticize. She was told by both Jennifer and Randy to sing something other than a ballad, which she barely did and they told her she needed more/better stage presence ... which she did nothing about.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.