+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

ITA, TeacherLady!

Nigel was on Ellen yesterday and, while he agrees with the save, he fears that two terrific singers will go this week with the double elimination. He also said that he gets the vote results as soon as they are compiled and knew it would be a rough night - thus the Ryan script about not tuning out until the show is over. Looks like we should take out clues early from the Ryan script. Anyway, He wouldn't comment on who might make it to the end because he does have the voting trend at his fingertips, but Ellen put James, Stefano (I know) Casey and Pia. He asked what about...Scotty, the country boy, and she said he is in too narrow a niche, but maybe. He asked what about Lauren Alaina, and she wasn't enthusiastic then commented that the girls in the audience needed to vote for girls, not only the boys. That's probably her take on why girls (at least two years in a row) are leaving faster than the boys.

Good interview and probably up at her website.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Nigel was on Ellen yesterday and, while he agrees with the save, he fears that two terrific singers will go this week with the double elimination. He also said that he gets the vote results as soon as they are compiled and knew it would be a rough night - thus the Ryan script about not tuning out until the show is over. Looks like we should take out clues early from the Ryan script. Anyway, He wouldn't comment on who might make it to the end because he does have the voting trend at his fingertips, but Ellen put James, Stefano (I know) Casey and Pia. He asked what about...Scotty, the country boy, and she said he is in too narrow a niche, but maybe. He asked what about Lauren Alaina, and she wasn't enthusiastic then commented that the girls in the audience needed to vote for girls, not only the boys. That's probably her take on why girls (at least two years in a row) are leaving faster than the boys.

Good interview and probably up at her website.
    If you follow Nigel on Twitter, you can often get quite a bit of "intel" from his tweets. He's not all that good at keeping things to himself. Doesn't spill the beans, of course, but let's on quite a bit

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He asked what about Lauren Alaina, and she wasn't enthusiastic then commented that the girls in the audience needed to vote for girls, not only the boys. That's probably her take on why girls (at least two years in a row) are leaving faster than the boys.
    I disagree with this comment, because I think people should be free to vote for who they like best. Obviously, girls do vote for girls, or were there more guys voting the season's that Kelly, Carrie, Fantasia, and (never can remember her name) won? There have also been a number of girls make it to runner up or third place. As a female, I will not vote for a female just because of that. Last season I voted for Crystal, and there have been others as well. I just don't in general happen to like higher voices (male or female). Otherwise, my likes / dislikes have nothing whatsoever to do with gender.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    If you follow Nigel on Twitter, you can often get quite a bit of "intel" from his tweets. He's not all that good at keeping things to himself. Doesn't spill the beans, of course, but let's on quite a bit
    I don't tweet or twitter or whatever, so I would like for someone to please post what Nigel says in his "tweets." I agree that it would be interesting just to see what he has to say.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I started in late this season, so I missed all the initial stuff that Casey and / or Paul had done that gained them a following. In the past couple of weeks, I've felt like I was watching some not bad singers, but nobody who actually I would deem memorable.
    I saw a segment on 60 Minutes this Sunday where they showed some kids training to get into a Gospel class. Some of them were quite young. Just about all had great voices, though. And, they were all shown acapella. They were really good.
    I think this season is showing overproduced type numbers where the contestants are drowned out by back up singers much better than they are.
    The saddest is that no one really has that indefinable thing called "star power" that mesmerizes the viewer. This season is just becoming a karaoke contest for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think a change was needed because the show had become quite boring. This season has been enjoyable and I consider myself a Simon fan. They must be doing something right because the ratings have been approving to my knowledge.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    They do need critiques, however, Simon telling someone it was "dreadful" is not constructive and he rarely followed those type comments up with anything that would actually help the contestants make needed adjustments. He was just harsh for ratings sake and, I suspect, because he just tends towards nasty and arrogant all the time.

I strongly disagree, plus On Jimmy Kimmel they have Tyler leer of the week.Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I think a change was needed because the show had become quite boring. This season has been enjoyable and I consider myself a Simon fan. They must be doing something right because the ratings have been approving to my knowledge.
    They dropped when DWTS came on. Not sure why, I think thats why Pia was tossed, and she left with no constructive criticism imnsho

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They dropped when DWTS came on. Not sure why, I think thats why Pia was tossed, and she left with no constructive criticism imnsho
    But she was given advice.... there was nothing wrong with her voice to criticize. She was told by both Jennifer and Randy to sing something other than a ballad, which she barely did and they told her she needed more/better stage presence ... which she did nothing about.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread