+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post

If you really want to know what the fuss is about Casey, look up "Casey Abrams Georgia" on youtube to see him singing Georgia On My Mind. It was awesome. If he had been permitted to sing out his song last night, you may have enjoyed that too - although it could have been affected by how he was feeling at the time.

It's been a long time since I posted on FORT, but I had to chime in to agree with Buckeye. I had so enjoyed Casey during the auditions, but was disappointed with his recent performances. "Georgia on my Mind" is one of my favorite songs, since I have a granddaughter named Georgia, and I loved Casey's version. Would buy that song in a minute.

I also want to say how much I am enjoying this season. It's upbeat, entertaining, more positive than in previous seasons, and just plain fun. I also like that the contestants seem to be getting some professional mentoring, they are learning the tools of the recording business, like how to use their earpieces. They are not just being thrown to the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    That is not exactly what the article states. It says that its predetermined that IF the save is used in this show, all eleven will go on tour instead of ten. This is because of the fact that since the save was used, we will never have a top ten. Two contestants will be eliminated next week and we will go straight from a top 11 to a top 9.
    Ahhh. THANK YOU> I skipped the "should" part. Thanks. My bad for reading and posting when I was sleepy.

I am super late here, but Casey's display of emotion brought tears to my eyes. He is so humble and clearly has no clue that he is among, if not the best singer of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand View Post
    I am super late here, but Casey's display of emotion brought tears to my eyes. He is so humble and clearly has no clue that he is among, if not the best singer of this season.
    If you had been able to hear all the F Bombs he dropped it would have brought tears to your ears.

I only heard his last 2 performances, so I went back to listen to his rendition of Georgia.
    I did enjoy it better than the current 2.
    I'm still not a fan, though, as I found both Teen Spirit and his latest worse than mediocre.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Of course our internet service would crash right after the results show...

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Best results show I've ever seen.

Stevie Wonder....ahhhh. Happy birthday, Steven T!

Loved the look on James face! I loved wrestling when I was kid, so I have fond memories of Hulk Hogan. Great to relive childhood memories. And yes, since James has Asperger's, I thought that that's why he was obsessed with wrestling, too. A friend ours has an adult son with Asperger's, and he can tell you everything you ever wanted to know about Star Trek.

Oh my goodness gracious, I nearly cried as Stephano hugged Casey. You would have thought they were brothers at a funeral. You could tell from the looks on the contestants' faces that they were genuinely upset at the thought of losing Casey. Wow. How cool.

And Casey's emotional breakdown...again, wow. I have loved Casey since Hollywood, but thought he almost derailed the past couple of weeks. I really, really hope he takes the judges' words to heart and gets back on track. I want him to stick around for much longer.

The only things I didn't like were the musical performances. I had heard of Sugarland but never saw them perform. They were so-so. Likewise, I didn't see JHud's season, so I had never heard her sing. I remember somebody here saying she was a diva, and she looked it. Again, I wasn't all that impressed with her song.

Those are just minor critiques, though. Bring on the rest of the season!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand View Post
    Although the last couple of weeks have been no indication, this kid is quite musically gifted. He needs to be experienced with his musical instruments, and imo, the professional instructors need to take the style in which he came in and just hone it to fit the theme.

"The best" is always subjective, but he is extremely well-rounded. He most definitely is not a one trick pony. Occasionally, really good singers don't know how good they are, but it might be good to also remember that at this point he is measuring himself against the rest of that crowd, and they are "good", too.

He has all of a sudden gone from being a big duck in a little pond to being a little duck in a big pond.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    If you had been able to hear all the F Bombs he dropped it would have brought tears to your ears.
    Obviously, these kids (not just Casey) were reduced to expressing their limited vocabularies in an emotional moment. However, it was amusing to watch the censors try to keep up with it.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Why? Why? I was happy to see Casey eliminated instead of a more deserving contestant. I think his appearance on this show is a joke. I don't mean that to insult his talent. He just doesn't appear to be taking this seriously. On top of that, he hasn't been performing well since he got out of Hollywood. I thought he was one of the worst last week and thought it was fitting that he got the boot. I would have preferred Haley though. Anyway, the two women who went home the two weeks before him performed better than he did and they were not saved. Why save him? Good golly! What irks me even more is that the save has only ever been used on the men in the competition. I could understand why they would use it on Matt Giraud (the save was about to expire) and Michael Lynche (he was unique to the competition that year and had some great performances). But why Casey? And with the trend of judges saving all the guys and letting the girls go, will a woman ever win American Idol again?
    I have read some things on the internet which attempt to explain the reason the save was used. I don't agree with it this year. But at least it is out of the way now. I bet two better performers go home next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Why? Why? I was happy to see Casey eliminated instead of a more deserving contestant. I think his appearance on this show is a joke. I don't mean that to insult his talent. He just doesn't appear to be taking this seriously. On top of that, he hasn't been performing well since he got out of Hollywood. I thought he was one of the worst last week and thought it was fitting that he got the boot. I would have preferred Haley though. Anyway, the two women who went home the two weeks before him performed better than he did and they were not saved. Why save him? Good golly! What irks me even more is that the save has only ever been used on the men in the competition. I could understand why they would use it on Matt Giraud (the save was about to expire) and Michael Lynche (he was unique to the competition that year and had some great performances). But why Casey? And with the trend of judges saving all the guys and letting the girls go, will a woman ever win American Idol again?
    I have read some things on the internet which attempt to explain the reason the save was used. I don't agree with it this year. But at least it is out of the way now. I bet two better performers go home next week.
    If he weren't taking this seriously, he would not have reacted the way he did to the judge's save. Nor would he keep hanging in with all the health issues he is having. I think he's taking it very seriously, and I'm glad the judges used their save on him. Who would be more deserving to have used the save on? Also, "better performers" is subjective. For example, I wouldn't be sad at all to see Pia go home, but I would miss Casey if he weren't on.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I can find things in both posts above to agree with. I like Casey, but based on what we saw in the preliminaries, he has disappointed...

All I have to say is he'd better come out on stage tonight with that bass and reinterpret an Elton song that hasn't been done to death (like "Madman Across the Water" or "Burn Down the Mission", for example) and showcase his singing (not growling) voice... or he will be gone before you know it.

"Levon" is associated with Taylor Hicks, and nobody could outdo George Huff's "Take Me to the Pilot" from Season 3, so he should avoid those.

And puh-leeze nobody attempt "Don't Let the Sun..." -- I think Clay A. has done the best version of that one -- and Jennifer Hudson's "Circle of Life" can't be topped, either.

All of this JMHO, of course.

+ Reply to Thread