+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I read in an interview that it was predetermined that the save would be used this show.

'American Idol': Was Casey Abrams the right use of the judges' save? Poll! | PopWatch | EW.com
    I didn't take it that they decided ahead of time that they'd definitely use it last night. I think they meant they discussed what they'd do if they did use it.

However, I do think the judges know ahead of time which contestants they will definitely save, which they won't, and maybe which they could go either way depending on their "save me" performance.

ETA: Same as what RyMac said!

I'm convinced that the judges are given the results before the results show begins and discuss whether they will save a contestant with the producers. Any "surprise" looks on their faces during the show is an act. Last night, Randy "stopping" Casey's singing midstream looked orchestrated to me, and Ryan seemed pretty prepared for the change-up in routine. Nevertheless, it was great television, and I'm glad Casey was saved. In future weeks, he just needs to sing a song simply, perhaps accompying himself on an instrument.
    ----
    Last edited by pillbeam; 03-25-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I'm on the WC and by the time the show came on here, everything got bleeped out. There was so much bleeped, in fact, that it appeared that Casey must have really said a mouthful.

I didn't see the show at the beginning of the season, so I'm not really understanding the Casey love. I saw his last 2 performances - Teen Spirit & whatever it was he parodied and growled through this week - and I have to say I thought that both were way worse than I've seen / heard in karaoke bars. Just what is his mystique? However, I was glad to see that Randy offered constructive criticism to him. He sure needed plenty.

I like Sugarland, though I don't think their present song is their best ever. Same for Jennifer Hudson. Like her, but didn't really enjoy that song. Liked her way better at the Grammys. She's great with Aretha. Could have done without Hulk Hogan. Way too cheesy. Did enjoy Stevie Wonder, though he sure seemed to forget the lyrics to his song.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

My thoughts from last night's elimination show?

* so happy that they used the save on Casey. He needed to make the tour - he brings something different to the show. He's still my favorite contestant and I hope that he listens to Randy's advice to stop the growling and go back to the Casey that I loved during the auditions.

* I have do say that I don't miss Simon one bit. Love to see the judges (esp. JLo) giving lots of constructive feedback)

* the contestants looked really pretty last night but seriously, Lauren, please cover yourself up and dress your age and wear less makeup. You look like a 25 year old girl instead of 16.

* Stefano and Thia looked cute together, I know she's only 16, just saying...........

* didn't like JHudson's new single - boring.

* although some of you think the show was a hot mess last night, I totally enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'm on the WC and by the time the show came on here, everything got bleeped out. There was so much bleeped, in fact, that it appeared that Casey must have really said a mouthful.

I didn't see the show at the beginning of the season, so I'm not really understanding the Casey love. I saw his last 2 performances - Teen Spirit & whatever it was he parodied and growled through this week - and I have to say I thought that both were way worse than I've seen / heard in karaoke bars. Just what is his mystique? However, I was glad to see that Randy offered constructive criticism to him. He sure needed plenty.
    Even in the eastern part of the US the sound went out at certain times. I thought we were having technical difficulties.

If you really want to know what the fuss is about Casey, look up "Casey Abrams Georgia" on youtube to see him singing Georgia On My Mind. It was awesome. If he had been permitted to sing out his song last night, you may have enjoyed that too - although it could have been affected by how he was feeling at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Even in the eastern part of the US the sound went out at certain times. I thought we were having technical difficulties.

If you really want to know what the fuss is about Casey, look up "Casey Abrams Georgia" on youtube to see him singing Georgia On My Mind. It was awesome. If he had been permitted to sing out his song last night, you may have enjoyed that too - although it could have been affected by how he was feeling at the time.

Thanks for the reminder, Buckeye. I looked at the clip and he sure was good. But again, it was a stripped-down, simple performance. None of the "antics" that Jennifer warned him about last night.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought it was all staged The love fest is getting tired for me Sorry, I liked Simon.I saw Jennifer Hudson interviewed, she said they needed those critiques.The hour is way too long, except for seeing Jennifer Hudson again.
    They do need critiques, however, Simon telling someone it was "dreadful" is not constructive and he rarely followed those type comments up with anything that would actually help the contestants make needed adjustments. He was just harsh for ratings sake and, I suspect, because he just tends towards nasty and arrogant all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    This show was chock full o’ fun!
    - Surprise birthday party for Steven with surprise guest, Stevie Wonder!
    - Surprise visit from Hulk Hogan for the fake wrestling fans!
    - I really liked JHud’s song, and she looked and sounded fantastic. It was cool to see George Huff there too. Always liked him and his smiling face and optimistic enthusiasm.
    - Top that all off with a surprising bottom finish for Casey, and the judges (not surprisingly) saving him.
    I heard JHUD is trying to help George Huff with a new record deal, I hope so, I went and listened to his songs from season 3..(yes I have all of that seasons songs on CD lol lol lol MP3 baby...and he sounded great.
    I thought eaither casey, hailey or paul would go home...love niema...
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post

I like Sugarland, though I don't think their present song is their best ever. Same for Jennifer Hudson. Like her, but didn't really enjoy that song. Liked her way better at the Grammys. She's great with Aretha. Could have done without Hulk Hogan. Way too cheesy. Did enjoy Stevie Wonder, though he sure seemed to forget the lyrics to his song.
    FWIW, I thought the exact same thing
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I prefer the judges THIS season, to any other. They've done a great job, and they all compliment one another's personalities so well. Love seeing how Randy is so much more relaxed this season and having fun.
    Sorry to double post. But

ETA: Ditto to NCLurker and razorbacker

I think they're giving pretty good critiques. Randy is doing so much better this season; They're all giving honest and knowledgable advice, just with a more gracious, and for me more comfortable manner. I thought Simon could be funny but more often than not he just cruel sometimes. I mean he handpicked the contestants in the first place...
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread