+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    It was cool to see George Huff there too. Always liked him and his smiling face and optimistic enthusiasm.
    I always loved his big smile too! He always seemed so awed by the fact that he was on AI!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Ulcerative Colitis (sp?), and yes he should be okay to make the tour. He will need to be very careful though. It's hard to imagine it being under control though with having needed two transfusions already.
    If this is what he has the stress from this show is only going to make matters worse. While I am not a prude & yes I have made my share of curses but IMHO, yes I realized he was shocked...way too many F-bombs. They can censor what goes on-air but not in a live audience.

I thought the Hulk Hogan part was stupid; like I keep saying this season seems to have 80's retro as their theme. I got this impression & I was channel surfing most of the hour.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Ulcerative Colitis (sp?), and yes he should be okay to make the tour. He will need to be very careful though. It's hard to imagine it being under control though with having needed two transfusions already.

I love the more fun, lighthearted feel to the show this year. I don't think it has to have all of the nastiness that Simon brought. I do wish they were getting a little bit more constructive criticism, but I do not miss the harsh, nastiness of Simon. This week I thought the judges tried to give more, however, the contestants need to listen and apply.
    I can't count the times that I have heard it said that Simon was the only one who gave the kind of criticism that really counted, but (1) unlike that entire panel of present judges, Simon is not and has not ever been a stage performer, and (2) for all of his sometimes constructive criticism Simon is basically a mean-spirited person.

I did not watch last season, and Simon is the reason why I didn't watch. I just got tired of hearing Simon's overly unkind , sometimes just plain mean remarks.

Also, it is obvious that there is only going to be one winner. The runner up also gets a contract as well and a chance to make a CD.
    Simon was right....this is a singing show; however, for ME it is an entertainment show, and I am totally enjoying all of the extra stuff that is happening as we make our way down to that one person who wins the whole shebang which I don't think would have gotten to happen if Simon was there because "this is a singing competition."

I say let these kids showcase all of their talents and entertain us!
    Also, it may be a love fest from the judges, but the kids are getting some basic criticism now and then, and they are getting a lot of 1-1 specific help behind the scenes from those professional coaches. That is worth gold in my opinion.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

I agree with the many of you that the show is fun again. I wondered if the return of Nigel who must be orchestrating all these changes had anything to do with the leaving of Simon.

ILOVED the save-it was deserved. I also love that the judges are giving constructive criticism. I might not personally agree with them, but at least it's constructive! I also loved all the bleeps in Casey's save. I was telling my son that there will be those people who will say that Casey can't be an American Idol because he caused all those bleeps! But he sure can entertain!

I may be mistaken but I believe that everyone that makes the tour makes 6 figures & they get part of the souvenier sales as well. I think they are all good enough to deserve that opportunity. Count in on the side that is really enjoying the show without the nasty Brit.

It was also pretty cool to see the assistance offered by Marc Anthony! And all the studio time with actual producers seems to be paying off big time.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 03-25-2011 at 10:52 AM.

I thought it was all staged The love fest is getting tired for me Sorry, I liked Simon.I saw Jennifer Hudson interviewed, she said they needed those critiques.The hour is way too long, except for seeing Jennifer Hudson again.

I prefer the judges THIS season, to any other. They've done a great job, and they all compliment one another's personalities so well. Love seeing how Randy is so much more relaxed this season and having fun.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    ILOVED the save-it was deserved.
    I read in an interview that it was predetermined that the save would be used this show.

'American Idol': Was Casey Abrams the right use of the judges' save? Poll! | PopWatch | EW.com

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I read in an interview that it was predetermined that the save would be used this show.

'American Idol': Was Casey Abrams the right use of the judges' save? Poll! | PopWatch | EW.com
    That is not exactly what the article states. It says that its predetermined that IF the save is used in this show, all eleven will go on tour instead of ten. This is because of the fact that since the save was used, we will never have a top ten. Two contestants will be eliminated next week and we will go straight from a top 11 to a top 9.

+ Reply to Thread