+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL View Post
    After the group sing, the show definitely took an upswing! Very entertaining, and isn't it somewhat unusual for them to showcase country acts? I do recall Rascall Flatts being on to sing with Carrie Underwood, but that was later in the season when they got to sing with someone in their genre. Not that I'm a big Sugarland fan, but I appreciate the diversity. Also not a Jennifer Hudson fan, but kudos to her for even being able to get out of bed in the morning after her family tragedy a few years ago.
    It was the finale. Bo sang with Lynard Skynard and Carrie with Rascal Flatts.

I'm glad the judges used the save on Casey. He clearly has a ton of talent and potential. Maybe this will give him a bit of a wake-up call to get back to what he does so well, instead of the gimmicky stuff.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I loved tonights show. It was entertaining and funny. The clips of all the contestants having fun in the house and then Hulk Hogan coming out to tell the boys they were safe. Just loved it. Even loved Stevie singing Happy Bday to Steven. It was a fun show. I could have done without Sugarland performing, though. I'm so not a fan.
    I thought the show was quite entertaining and fun last night. I rarely like an elimination show, but I liked this one. James was completely floored over HH!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

This entire week was superb. Last nights show with Stevie & Hulk was very entertaining. IFrom the look on the judges faces, I think SW was a complete surprise to them. Glad they used the save on Casey. 11 for the tour is great.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    If only they had the save for Chris' year.
    Chris wouldn't have been available for the save. They had to use it Top 5, he was eliminated 4.

Wow- great results show. I usually fast forward through most of it, but last night I watched almost the whole thing (I ff'd thru Sugerland and JHud). I love it when it doesn't look scripted and last night we really got to see some true reactions from the contestants and it was nice. It was fun to see James and Paul at the mansion and how much he liked pro-wrestling, but when we saw his actual reaction when HH came out, you could tell that it was no joke-he REALLY loves wrestling!

I was worried for Casey when he sang first and didn't have the best performance and when Ryan said surprise elimination I figured it would be him. I also knew the judges would use the save. It actually felt real when Randy made him stop singing and production looked confused for a minute- it didn't seem staged like when they put their heads together to 'decide' if they will save someone.

All the cursing last night had the censors on doubletime during the show. I think aside from Casey, that Lauren had one when she was declared safe too. I also loved Lauren's dress- it was so flattering on her. I hated the cowboy boots with it, though. I think it made her look 'stumpy'- a nice pair of pumps or flats would have looked better, but I get that it's her style.

I was worried that Casey was seriously going to have a heart attack! Ryan had trouble holding him up and I truly thought this will be our first live medical emergency on AI. I'm glad he finally calmed down, although I won't be surprised to read he ended up in the hospital for a transfusion today- talk about stress!

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    Casey's last two performances were horrible, and I'm so tired of seeing the judges continue to pimp him. I had a feeling that he was losing fans and I was thinking that he would probably be a "surprise" elimination sometime soon, but I was shocked to see it happen this soon! I was disappointed the judges used the save on him, I would have rather seen him go home, but at least this will give Casey a reality check that he's not as safe as he thinks he is and he needs to actually sing for once and show that he has a decent voice! I do hope though that this reality check doesn't do any harm to his health though.
    What is wrong with him? Wondering why he keeps going for blood tranfusions. Is he even healthy enough to make it on the tour?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Chris wouldn't have been available for the save. They had to use it Top 5, he was eliminated 4.
    You're right, I forgot about that.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    What is wrong with him? Wondering why he keeps going for blood tranfusions. Is he even healthy enough to make it on the tour?
    Ulcerative Colitis (sp?), and yes he should be okay to make the tour. He will need to be very careful though. It's hard to imagine it being under control though with having needed two transfusions already.

I love the more fun, lighthearted feel to the show this year. I don't think it has to have all of the nastiness that Simon brought. I do wish they were getting a little bit more constructive criticism, but I do not miss the harsh, nastiness of Simon. This week I thought the judges tried to give more, however, the contestants need to listen and apply.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

This show was chock full o’ fun!
    - Surprise birthday party for Steven with surprise guest, Stevie Wonder!
    - Surprise visit from Hulk Hogan for the fake wrestling fans!
    - I really liked JHud’s song, and she looked and sounded fantastic. It was cool to see George Huff there too. Always liked him and his smiling face and optimistic enthusiasm.
    - Top that all off with a surprising bottom finish for Casey, and the judges (not surprisingly) saving him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    question

what kind of stipend do the contestants get and what about the guys that make top 10?

i heard naima say something about a house when they said she would make it?
    I'm not sure what kind of money they get, but I thought I heard Naima say she was back in the house. Meaning she was safe and going back to the mansion.

+ Reply to Thread