+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    How many of these contestants that finished in 4th or 5th place have had successful careers? With the exception of Chris Daughtry...can you name anyone?
    Kellie Pickler

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    On another note.....What was with JLo's makeup? For a lovely woman, she sure looked like a clown. I'd fire that makeup artist STAT.

I was just thinking about her awful make up! It looked like 6 year olds put it on her. Maybe her twins did it? And then Casey had the slicked-back hair (didnít look good with the bushy beard). I wonder if itís the same stylist who did Karenís bun last week.

How many of these contestants that finished in 4th or 5th place have had successful careers? With the exception of Chris Daughtry...can you name anyone?
    Jennifer Hudson too!

Overall, it was an enjoyable show last night. Everyone performed well for the most part. The obvious choice to leave tonight would be Haley, but it is going to be shocking according to Nigel.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Did someone on here mention that AI has a stylist for these performers??? If so that person should be fired. The guys are OK; basically jeans & t-shirt but the girls look like really bad 80's prom queen retro. Hey that's just my honest opinion.
    I don't mind dancing while singing but if you are going to attempt to try this at least be able to do 1 of the decently. Both done badly with the wrong hair, make-up, clothing & jewerly is just a trainwreck.
    AI has finally jumped the tank as far as I'm concerned. Simon kept the cirtiques real. These 3 are just lovefest city.

I agree about the stylists. I don't know what they are doing. Haley looked so uncomfortable. She needed to be in something that she could move in. She looked so stiff. She was hunched over and leaning in some bad position. I didn't care for it at all. She really needs someone to work with her on how she stands, holds her head and presents herself. It's offputting.

Lauren's dress from the waist down make her look like a whale. She's not too big, so that should not happen. It was not suited for her figure.

I don't find the clothes to be flattering to any of the ladies. The one plain black dress with the back out was okay on Pia, but you could only see it from behind. They need to loosen up her hair. It's boring.

Also, I don't care for most of the musical arrangements. I think the people doing that aren't as talented as they pretend to be.

I do think the performers did better than most of the posters here. I enjoyed most of them in fact. A couple I didn't care for.

I do think the judges need to be more critical in their comments. Singing off key is not just a little thing. Being boring is not just a little thing. Acting like a brat is not a little thing. Why not be more honest. I think they could use it.

I heard on the radio that they are required to have a twitter account and that Scottie has the most followers. Mike McDonald is in third place.

I agree that the judging is often a love fest, but every once in awhile Jennifer comes in with some really useful advice. She has surprised me but not more than Steven has. I was so looking forward to him as a judge, but I swear if I hear him say "beautiful" one more time my head may just explode.

I think the whole group did better last night. I'd have to say that my bottom three would be Haley, Thia and Stephano. I've never been a big fan of Naima, but she did much better last night. Her dancing is great, her singing... not so much, and as I've heard mentioned many times before... this IS a singing competition. My favorite is Pia. I think her voice is incredible and I'm not bored by her singing ballads. Maybe if I went to a concert where it was just her singing ballad after ballad I would be, but there is such a variety of songs on this show that it doesn't matter. I'd like to see her tackle something more upbeat, just to see how she does with it. Thia has a very pretty voice, but my problem with her is that she is so young. I don't think she connects either, just like Stephano, but with Thia it's probably because she's just soooo young. Jacob was one of my favorites at the beginning of the show but he is rapidly going down hill in my eyes. He oversings everything. James, on the other hand, was not my favorite in the beginning but he is quickly gaining my admiration. He did really well last night and he seems so comfortable on stage, it's fun to watch him.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Honestly that dress did not flatter her at all. I would be the last one to say anyone is overweight or fat (currently trying to lose 100 lbs myself, down 30 at this point) but she could have done better with her wardrobe IMO.
    Congratulations, Unk! You're doing great!

I'm late to the party here, but I have a few random thoughts:

Casey is believing his own good press. I find him really obnoxious now.

Scotty will have a great career in country music, but his overall performance last night lacked a connection between his voice and the song. And I still can't watch him perform - all I see is our friend from Mad Magazine.

Naima could have a nice career as a backup singer/dancer.

Pia has a beautiful voice, but no stage presence. She is like a statue whose idea of emoting is to wave her arms and hands around in a repetitive manner. It is really distracting. I kept wishing one of the judges would tell her to stop with the arm waving already!

Paul is Rod Stewart a few decades too late.

In general, I wish they would do away with all the backup singers and overblown arrangements and let these kids sink or swim on their own merit. At times, the contestants can barely be heard over the backup singers.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread